Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

World of Warcraft's new commercial

Creator: JunSupport November 26, 2011 8:05am
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 26, 2011 11:28am | Report
"Relatively fair trade" is one way to put it.
Because you cant evaluate ingame services such as patches/content/fixes etc.

Sure, Blizz got their buisness right, but IMO thats it.
Greedy moneygrabbing buisness, nothing left of sth we call a good gaming-smith.

Temzilla is right there, that "year of wow" scubcription **** is only that they can make money out of those ppl who will stop playing WoW thx to D3.
Enough subcription -> Release of D3 -> Gaining money from both WoW and D3 -> Profit

Btw: I lol'd after hearing of the D3 ingame real money auctioneering.
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 26, 2011 12:29pm | Report
So a business shouldn't make money? Blizzard should simply give their games away and completely forgoe the way businesses have been run since they started?

Is that what you're saying?

Blizzard offers this deal to their community and cleaverly markets it. Then makes it a binding contract so people can't get access to all this cool stuff like the beta, and the mount then stop payment after those things come to pass. Sounds like they're protecting their investments by making sure people don't try to take advantage of the system.

It's irritating to see people constantly complain about business strategy as though it's some sort of evil conspiracy. Good business doesn't always make you popular, but it does make you money.

I'm not saying I condone all things of this nature, but I certainly can't argue or complain about a business that is entitled to make their money as long as it doesn't violate any laws. If you ever own a business of your own, or if you already do you have bills to pay just like eveyone else. Blizzard tapped into something that became wildly popular, still is wildly popular, they're making a profit. That's their job, supply their consumers with a product or service that we pay for. If we become unhappy with it, we can quit any time. (most of their goods/services). Expecting a business not to try and make every thing profitable is like expecting a hungry tiger not to eat your face off if you step in his ****ing cage.
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 26, 2011 3:09pm | Report
but a lot of these business decisions happened after they joined activision.

i mean ****, wow came out in 2004 and will have 4 expansions now. it took a few years for bc and wotlk, then we get a expansion every year.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
PotatisFarfar
<Veteran>
PotatisFarfar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 26, 2011 3:10pm | Report
Loved TBC. But the raids of WotLK got me bored of the game, you can only do that much naxxramas people!

But i got my hope up with cataclysm, it started good, epic questing, hard and rewarding dungeons. And some awesome raids.

But then BAM, NERF, NERF,NERF,NERF.

Clearly that game was not for me any more, so i quit. Kinda same that is going on with LoL, isn't that funny?
TheJohn
<Editor>
TheJohn's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 26, 2011 5:11pm | Report
That commercial is really bad. Its about one of the most played games and has Chuck Norris, they sure could have made something better, more creative.
kaas
<Member>
kaas's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 26, 2011 5:24pm | Report
<3 all the QQ and doomsdaytelling against WoW. The point is the quality of the game hasn´t decreased that much. The players (in general, you see it in more games) are just becoming spoiled rats imo :P The people who QQ about how easy everything is now prolly where the same ppl who where QQing how "hard" everything was at the start of cata.
About the "imbalance": After abandoning WoW for LoL I realised how balanced WoW actually is if I had to compare the 2.
You can say what you want but in general WoW's still one of the best designed MMO (/game) out there.
Blowfeld
<Editor>
Blowfeld's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 26, 2011 6:05pm | Report
If I could only buy games from one company, it would be Blizzard;

All their games met a high standard from day one and if any company deserves my hard earned money, it's Blizzard.

Remember the great rendered scenes back in the days .... ah...nostalgia :D
Fox Rage wrote:
Blowfeld. Best Party Wrecker Worldwide.
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 26, 2011 6:31pm | Report
@Jeffy

Are you deaf, dumb or just a Blizz fanboy. Didnt intend to rage against ppl only stating their opinion, but srsly...

I didnt complaine about Blizz making money or being a business.
Moreover, Blizz did a fine job there, the community dances like a puppet on strings, after all.

What I am saying is:
Blizz did deliver content, but they didnt work for the money they earned there.
But the community is mainly at fault after all, since they swallow everything like pigs, that Blizz throws at them.
While you payed for a 5-star luxus dinner they offered you cheap fast food served in the back alley.
And thx to their attidude and YOU guys, other "businesses" had no chance to create sth competetive, that would force Blizz to rethink and put some quality into their work (again).
Im fine, if you dont care, but dont pester me if I do.
TheJohn
<Editor>
TheJohn's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 26, 2011 7:05pm | Report
Blowfeld wrote:

If I could only buy games from one company, it would be Blizzard;

All their games met a high standard from day one and if any company deserves my hard earned money, it's Blizzard.

Remember the great rendered scenes back in the days .... ah...nostalgia :D

They know how to make games, what calls attention, great graphics.

WoW is an old game already, the players who have been playing since the start (or the ones who have been playing for some years already) are tired of it. They PVP'd tons of times, grinded and did quests. The game isnt funny anymore in their opinion.
New players like WoW, its a huge world, many things to do, items to find, monsters to kill.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 26, 2011 7:11pm | Report
Honestly I was new to WoW a little after Wrath came out and I found it boring as all hell.

The server I was on was average in population, but I could never find anyone doing instances or quests, and for some reason I never really found anyone to make friends with at all. I ended up quitting it at about level 60 when I realized the last month of my life had been one long, boring fetch quest grind.

Also, roll on Guild Wars 2. =D

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide