Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Your name?

Creator: B-Wong November 17, 2010 11:02pm
76 posts - page 1 of 8
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 17, 2010 11:02pm | Report
How did you come across your online "alias" or "NN (or nickname for short ;P)"
Personally, mine comes from my childhood, where my day care thingy gave everyone nick names (those after school things that you leave kids at if you don't want them home) and here's a concise list of what everyone's nickname looked like:
Sandals/Canadian bacon
D.Lee
Mangoes
Mikey
Waters
Jello
Big Mac

So that's just out of memory and I happened to get my first initial and last name put together: B-Wong. The dash came from one time I was an idiot and I had to put my name on the board for punishment or something (I don't remember) and my friend's name was up there too but I saw that he just used his nickname so I was like "B Wong". One of the guys that worked at the place was like "Yo B-Wong! That looks awkward, put a dash in between it!" so I did and.. I guess it stuck. Although I really have been trying to come up with a new name, this is what I've stuck to, I guess. I mean there's plenty of cool, one word names (IdrA, NonY, iNcontroL, Moon, Yellow, Boxer, NaDa, Artosis, HuK, Ret, etc. (if you haven't noticed I just took quite a few Starcraft players' names)).
So I guess, what's your story? Just randomly thought of it? Blah blah you get the point.

Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 17, 2010 11:09pm | Report
I was just born this way :~(

B. Wong hey :) STALKER TIME!
B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 17, 2010 11:16pm | Report
Ahahaha, I could be like I AM SEAN "Day[9]" PLOTT but nahh, I'm discreet ;)

Matt, always to be the flamboyant one.

animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 17, 2010 11:34pm | Report
Well, in my 11th grade english class (forever ago) we were required to 'create' a new word. The separate parts meaning different things to create the meaning of the word. The teacher would then check through the dictionary (internet and library) to make sure it was original.

I put together 'animorte'... 'anim' meaning mind/spirit, and 'morte' meaning death. It comes together as 'animorte - death of the mind or spirit'.

I started using it on Runescape (forever and infinity ago), WoW, a few other MMORPG's that nobody cares for me to list, and eventually on to LoL.

Thus, the story of my name. :)

EDIT: Animorte is also generally my name for female characters in games and Nalamall is for males.
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
DEWO
<Retired Moderator>
DEWO's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 17, 2010 11:57pm | Report
DEWO - came out of my name and surename 1st letters D.W.
3Dewo - nickname used when i was creating stuff id 3DsMax :P
DewoJ - nickname for my music creation stuff :P

Belenzor - "Fantasy" name for male chars in games. It was created by smashing head/fists on my keyboard when i was creating my WoW Warlock (more or less all my "fantasy" names are created that way. Like Fath - male (WoW PvP Rogue), Alilea - main female name in games i use (WoW Healing Paladin)
Did i help you? Click that +Rep

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the sig!
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 18, 2010 12:22am | Report
haha. originally mine was... S'vissisth and i think i got the random inspiration from one of my dnd supplement rulebooks, who had some character named Soveliss or something like that.

as for Caucheka, i guess i was just tired of S'vissisth and wanted something new. so as how dewo got belenzor just pounded fists on keyboard till i came up with something.

EDIT: 1000 POSTS **** YEAH
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
Diesel
<Veteran>
Diesel's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 18, 2010 1:42am | Report
Was called what I'm called since I was a husky kid in high school.

Yeah, really. lol
Alahric
<Ancient Member>
Alahric's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 18, 2010 1:43am | Report
My original nick, which is awkward to pronouce in english, is: Vatiz

My first name: Si***
My last name: Vat****

Si - Vat
Vat - Si
Vat - Is
Vat - iz

I tried to create an account somewhere and that was what I ended up with, I prefer "Vahtos" now though.

As for Alahric, I simply took the name from a character in "Heroes 5: Tribes of the East"
Who's name was "Alaric", which means "Ala=Everyone's, ric=Ruler" or "King of All".
It's a Germanic masculine given name, it has nothing to do with muslims and their R's -> AlahRRRic?

Since that name was already taken, I forced in a (silent) "H" which also made it in short terms "Alah" -> aka. "God".
Which got it over to "Alahric", I also considered Alarich and Alarek. The character I associate it with the most was a Paladin in WoW I played (never got very far though).
Which explains my fetish for Taric, and since it's a germanic name and very close to "kaiser=emperor" it suits Mordekaiser (the most, imo) xD

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alaric_(name)
That's the true meaning behind the name, but with the "alah" it can also mean "God Ruler" with a mixture of languages.
Seems like this thread will give people ideas on how to forge a nickname, a lot of different ways to do it.. Most of them are just personal ^ ^,
Dirty Goolash
<Veteran>
Dirty Goolash's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 18, 2010 5:37am | Report
I have a friend named Stinky Meatball so I decided to make my name similar to his. I just used a negative adjective followed by a food.
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator
B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 18, 2010 7:32am | Report
Hahahaha, these stories are pretty interesting! Personal experience seems like the best way to get a nickname. Or you could go on on of those random generators but what's the originality in that?

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide