Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Help with Warwick

Creator: Pacho7 July 25, 2011 1:43pm
Pacho7
<Member>
Pacho7's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 25, 2011 1:43pm | Report
Hi again. This time i need help with the runes for Warwick. What are the best runes for Warwick? But not the jungle Warwick.
theBMB
<Member>
theBMB's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 25, 2011 4:18pm | Report
not jungle ww? Lanewick is fine and all, but he really is much better in the jungle.
In any case. Armor Pen, Attack Speed, Flat Armor, Flat Health, CDR, magic pen (if Magewick is your thing). All useful on ww.
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 25, 2011 5:46pm | Report
^ That is not entirely true.
Lanewick has a ton of sustain and, if played right, will almost never have to leave lane for health reasons.
I would use MP5 seals, CDR glyphs, unsure about the marks and, probably flat armor Quints.
I'm not a good rune man so, I'll wait for Searz's judgement on my choice and tell me that I'm way wrong. He'll probably offer a better set.

Thank you to jhoijhoi for the sig, and all the dividers in the guide.

theBMB
<Member>
theBMB's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 25, 2011 6:50pm | Report
Sure lanewick has good sustain, but what else does he have in lane? I mean he has one ability to harass with and it has a short range, so anyone smart will know just to stay a bit away from him. He also doesn't have a farming ability, so he can get pushed back to the turret pretty easily, which is a problem if he's against a ranged foe who can hit the turret, running back and forth out of his range, while he's trying to deal with the minions.
SinDelta
<Member>
SinDelta's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 25, 2011 6:56pm | Report
Why not just look at the top rated Warwick guides or even just Warwick guides in general. We have a lot ranging from Lane to Jungle and even Magewick.
Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/JohnnySceneTM
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 25, 2011 7:37pm | Report
theBMB wrote:

Sure lanewick has good sustain, but what else does he have in lane? I mean he has one ability to harass with and it has a short range, so anyone smart will know just to stay a bit away from him. He also doesn't have a farming ability, so he can get pushed back to the turret pretty easily, which is a problem if he's against a ranged foe who can hit the turret, running back and forth out of his range, while he's trying to deal with the minions.

The Rain Man played Lanewick in 2 games vs. CLG in the IEM qualifiers and did extremely well. Lanewick can last hit very well, almost never dies, harasses extremely well, can get kills easily, and pushes the lane SUPER hard (especially with Wriggles) so the enemy can't get as many last hits under tower.

@OP: Magic pen reds, armor seals, flat MR or scaling MR blues, and flat AP quints.
DEWO
<Retired Moderator>
DEWO's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 26, 2011 2:07am | Report
ArP
Dodge/Armor/Mana regen
Mres/CDR
ArP

You have to decide... lane warwick is a wasted warwick :P
Did i help you? Click that +Rep

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the sig!
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 26, 2011 3:56am | Report

@OP: Magic pen reds, armor seals, flat MR or scaling MR blues, and flat AP quints.

Yea, I think these will probably yield the best results, but quints is a hard topic on WW.
AP, HP, armor, MR and HP5 all works good on WW.

DEWO wrote:

ArP
Dodge/Armor/Mana regen
Mres/CDR
ArP

You're getting way too much ArP. 10-15 is the optimal amount. Beyond that you just slow your jungle speed down and decrease your survivability(in the jungle).
Armor seals are better than dodge as long as you don't have Nimbleness.
""Toshabi took thy **** and strucketh Hotshot in his face 'thou art no god'" Toshabi 3:16" - Toshabi

"And then, TheJohn said something so Brazilian that it made all the Brazilians in Brazil turn to look at him" - Toshabi

"abloobloo ur triggering me" - Toshabi
DEWO
<Retired Moderator>
DEWO's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 26, 2011 4:21am | Report
There are ppl with armor on the battlefield you know. Jungling is just a 1-6 and timekiller.
Did i help you? Click that +Rep

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the sig!
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 26, 2011 4:46am | Report
If you get yourself to (MAX) 15 or 16 with offensive masteries ArP you should get AS in the rest of the slots. Since your passive scales with AS it increases your health while jungling and you can because you're at higher HP pick up Long Sword for MUCH faster jungling(and save money on pots).
I think those things can get you as much as 15 to 20% faster in the jungle. That is VERY useful.
The speed may even increase even more when you buy Madred's Razors.
"I'm ebolakin. You can refer to me as Ebola-Chan." - Vurtax

"I also am Otherkin. Whenever autumn rolls around I can feel my kin-type slowly taking over my body. You must know, I identify as pumpkin. I can control it pretty good most of the time, but when September ends, I just cant hold it in anymore. Whenever Im outside I see my brothers and sisters being chopped into soup, coffee, donuts, cake, drinks, bread - ppl even cut human faces into their skin, making a mockery out of their noble appearance. When I see things like that I cant control my pumpkin urges anymore. My natural instincts kick in. I then sit down motionless, while getting bright orange." - Morgana L

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide