Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Champion Base Health

Creator: caucheka May 12, 2011 8:50am
1 2
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 12, 2011 6:25pm | Report
searz by definition if you're tanky aren't you offtanking as well
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 12, 2011 8:59pm | Report
How does it make sense for someone with high damage output to have more HP than someone who can heal? There's a reason why clerics have better HD than sorcerers in D&D/Pathfinder...
Lazukin
<Member>
Lazukin's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 12, 2011 9:58pm | Report
Because the people with this high damage output have to be relatively close to do it if they're melee, and they almost always get targeted since they do more damage. If you were to have Soraka with high base health, she'd be unkillable. If you were to make Karthus' hp any lower, he'd be 3 shotted. He doesn't do that much damage really.

If you're playing Soraka right, you shouldn't have a huge problem with your own HP early game anyway. You let your team go in first and get minion kills while you sit back and heal, getting very few minion kills.

I make sigs, PM me if you want one :D (Thanks for the Nidalee sig, The_Nameless_Bard!)
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 13, 2011 5:25am | Report
because this isn't dnd, nameless bard. clerics also have more health and armor because they are supposed to stand between the mages and the fighters.

in LoL you have your support/mages in the back (unless they are tanky mages/taric) and then tank in the front. in between that you have your ad carries/off tanks/bruisers
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 13, 2011 5:46am | Report
Yup.

(meaningful comment ftw ^_^ )
"He cooked cake." - MrCuddowls

"Oh forget it, I have nothing to hid, I admit it, 12 hours of every single day of my life ever since I was eleven years old have been anal sex with canoes" - MrCuddowls
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 13, 2011 7:43am | Report
It was a pretty stretched comparison, I admit XD
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide