Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Devourer Nunu

Creator: Hatted January 23, 2015 9:18am
1 2 3
Hatted
<Member>
Hatted's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 23, 2015 9:18am | Report
I'd like to start this thread off by saying it works.

It works.

But why does it work? Because you build devourer with your attack speed boost and take jungle/camps super easy. I haven't tried Nunu with his recommended build in the new jungle, but I noticed that C9Meteos did a guide and it was featured on the front page. He recommends attack speed because his Nunu's blood boil, while only a slight attack speed/movement speed boost works really well on him. And with all the new Dragons/Barons, Nunu is a MASTER of taking objectives. And late game with all his stacks, along with Sunfire and Liandray's, you cause people to cry to death. There is no escape from Nunu.

So, try it out, except in Solo Que. Please no. It's a new season, do what you know and do it well.
Eyy
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 23, 2015 9:39am | Report
Nunu doesn't need attack speed. Pretty sure he gets far more from both the juggernaut enchantment and the magus enchantment.
Ellodere
<Member>
Ellodere's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 23, 2015 10:06am | Report
The devourer enchantment works with nunu so well, and really the passives it has is just so good with nunu, I actually do think it's much better for nunu. At level 9 (somewhere around that point you have the item) your bloodboil will be at 1 skillpoint which gives 25% attack speed, plus the devourer it gets you 75% attack speed altogether.

The magus will be giving all of it's ap to nunu (80 ap) which will be:
275 + 80 = 355 damage (excluding the ap you get from masteries and any ap runes you maybe have)
The devourer item gives SUSTAIN and also extra gold for every monster kill (30 gold is a lot when going through a whole clear).
It gives extra damage to your auto attacks that will be on a very low auto attack delay cooldown, which is stronger than that of the cd on E, even when factoring in the 20% cooldown reduction of the magus because:
6 / 100 (we want to find out 1% of 6 seconds) x 20 = 0,06 x 20 = 1,20 seconds
6 - 1,20 seconds = 4,80 seconds

Nunu's attack speed will be 0.625 (+15,2%) + 75% which will be:

0.625 (+0,00625 x 15,2) + 0,00625 x 75 = 0.625 (+0,095) + 0,46875 = 1,18875 (~1,2)
4,8 / 1,2 = 4 attacks

Considering nunu didn't buy attack damage (highly unlikely), he has 80 dmg plus 45(it deals 45 damage through 2 seconds but our autoattack will be hitting faster than that I think) against monsters (champions and minions).
He will be dealing 125 damage x 4 = 500 damage(the 12,25 damage on the last attack will be applied a bit later, but it would only decrease the damage by 12,5 if you want to stay within that 4,8 window) through the course of 4,8 seconds when the e is on CD, so that is pretty significant compared to the 355 damage you would have on your E if you chose magus.

(I'M EXCLUDING THE AUTOATTACKS WITH MAGUS AND THE E DAMAGE WITH THE DEVOURER, I JUST NARROWED IT DOWN BETWEEN MAGUS BUFFED E AND THE DEVOURER BUFFED AUTOATTACKS, I NEED TO GO OFF RIGHT NOW BECAUSE FAMILY GUY IS ON (I LOVE IT))

I'm still a bit confused about the 45 dmg through 2 seconds thingie...does it reset when you autoattack, because that would change my calculation to around 37,5 damage less...or does it apply the damage over 2 seconds even if you autoattack and apply another stack of that passive on the same enemy?
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 23, 2015 10:16am | Report
Nunu doesn't need attack speed. Pretty sure he gets far more from both the juggernaut enchantment and the magus enchantment.

/thread
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 23, 2015 10:17am | Report
Ellodere wrote:
Spoiler: Click to view

This is one of those times where the math is sort of irrelevant. What does Nunu & Willump realistically do in a teamfight? Auto-attack enemies to death? Pretty sure he doesn't. Last I checked he wasn't Udyr.

80 AP and 20% CDR is gonna be more beneficial in terms of what he actually does.

Health and Tenacity is going to make him tanky, which is also better.
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 23, 2015 10:20am | Report
This is one of those times where the math is sort of irrelevant. What does Nunu & Willump realistically do in a teamfight? Auto-attack enemies to death? Pretty sure he doesn't.

Still, the thought of nunu AA-ing people for tons of damage is pretty funny.
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks a lot for the sig, jhoi! :)
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 23, 2015 10:21am | Report
Funny? yes.

Realistic? Not so much.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 23, 2015 10:32am | Report
Well, do not forget that Nunu & Willump's Consume grants him 1% of his HP as on-hit effect damage.

And there is an item called Zephyr which stacks super nicely with that build, you run around full speed and nobody can stop you. Also, 10% more HP thanks to Consume is really strong combined with that as well. Finally, the enemy is permaslowed, so you can auto attack them as long as you want.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 23, 2015 10:34am | Report
NicknameMy wrote:
Well, do not forget that Nunu & Willump's Consume grants him 1% of his HP as on-hit effect damage.

And there is an item called Zephyr which stacks super nicely with that build, you run around full speed and nobody can stop you. Also, 10% more HP thanks to Consume is really strong combined with that as well. Finally, the enemy is permaslowed, so you can auto attack them as long as you want.
good thing using Absolute Zero properly isn't what you should be worrying about instead of auto-attacking, otherwise that'd be a real probl....oh wait.
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 23, 2015 10:38am | Report
Why would one advocate for Zephyr on Nunu & Willump over Wit's End?
More importantly, why would one advocate for either of those items?
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks for the sig, MissMaw!
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide