Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Galio Theorycrafting

Creator: Urscythe September 8, 2011 12:19am
1 2 3
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 9, 2011 2:32pm | Report
Yeah having Hotshot Solo is also superior the having TRM solo. TRM's a great player but he's not Hotshot :P

Mathematically and such, HSGG's the superior player and his builds are second to none.

Hotshot's builds are almost always the best. His understanding of the function of damage verse defense and such is incredibly deep.
Urscythe
<Member>
Urscythe's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 9, 2011 9:34pm | Report
EvilDice wrote:

Frozen Heart is just a fantastic item. Who cares if you get 5% less damage on your ult? Your point is to tank. For example, take a late game teamfight. Both AD carries are extremely farmed. Your team has a Frozen Heart, the other team doesn't. Who wins?

Tbh, one common denomonator I see in TSM vs CLG is that hotshot always has a frozen heart, while a lot of the time, rainman doesn't. It should be noted that CLG usually beats TSM when these games get to late game. I'm not saying Frozen heart is the only reason for this, but in late game teamfights, usually the AD carries are going to pump out the most damage. Reducing this dps on an AD carry is just invaluable.

Agreed. The only time you should not be getting a Frozen Heart as a tank is if someone else on your team is getting one. In that case, I'd get Randuin's Omen instead. Thornmail is pretty much only for carries and mages that need a lot of a given type of defense on the cheap. Tanks are better served using FH or an Omen.

I play Galio as a sort of half-tank/support/mage mix. I get only as much armor as is needed to stay alive (Frozen Heart is almost always enough on its own) and then stack MR and AP together. Rod of Ages is a good item, but I just find that it's important to get some other items early, and the later you get RoA, the worse it is (if you can't make one by 25 minutes it's probably better to not make one at all.)

Galio is an interesting creature. He gets a lot of free AP and has decent ratios, but he's not really capable of being a true mage (his Q moves too slow, I find, for reliable spam/damage output and his E doesn't have enough damage.) He is encouraged to build tanky because of his passive, but has no tools except his ult to force people to attack him. His W is an extremely potent buff that can be given to allies, but it's generally inferior to spells like Soraka's W for that purpose (Soraka's, for example, gives an enormous armor boost as well as a respectable heal.)

Just like Blitzcrank, he's sort of a niche hero who does several things well but doesn't really do a single thing magnificently.

Thanks to Jsta for the sig image.
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide