Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Mordekaiser jungle?

Creator: Devidinio December 13, 2011 4:08am
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 17, 2011 12:47am | Report

Seems like he'd be pretty good at stealin' ur buffs. How exactly would you stop him on a typical jungler?

With what?

His terrible damage?

The health he spends on all his abilities?

The large burst damage he doesn't have?
Tri lane for life.
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 17, 2011 12:53am | Report
Morde has a good damage trade in lane (or, at least I think he does now. Not sure how much this recent buff did for him). His early game 1v1 potential is comparatively weak, especially without his ult. He's very dependant on cooldowns to deal any damage, he has no CC and his shield is worthless against sustained damage. Its only helpful function is to absorb a couple hits or spells when you're trading in lane.

tl;dr: No, I don't think he'd be a good counter-jungler.
Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
TheJohn
<Editor>
TheJohn's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 17, 2011 12:09pm | Report
Morde can kill the jungle well, he has the shield to tank and power to strike, but you know that the objective of the jungle isnt only farm and lvl, its ganking. You can bring Exhaust with you, but you'll only gank again after 3 minutes?

Morde is a great solo top if you play tank, the base damage of his skills are really good, W gives you a good defense the whole game, the ult can instakill, one hit KO, and he farms well
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 17, 2011 4:52pm | Report
TheJohn wrote:

the ult can instakill, one hit KO

lol, it's a DoT....
Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 17, 2011 5:01pm | Report
PsiGuard wrote:

lol, it's a DoT....

/facepalm

TheJohn
<Editor>
TheJohn's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 18, 2011 5:04am | Report
PsiGuard wrote:

lol, it's a DoT....

Children of the Grave

Mordekaiser deals an initial 12 / 14.5 / 17 (+2% of ability power) % magic damage equal to that percentage of the target's maximum health and curses it for 10 seconds

. During these 10 seconds, 1.2 / 1.45 / 1.7 (+2% of ability power) % magic damage equal to that percentage of the target's maximum health per second is dealt.

Idk if its only DoT, or you still want to discuss with a person who knows a lot about Mordekaiser?
Yukimaru
<Member>
Yukimaru's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 18, 2011 5:49am | Report
TheJohn wrote:

Idk if its only DoT, or you still want to discuss with a person who knows a lot about Mordekaiser?

Just because you have a big ego and hes your favou champ, doesnt mean you know a lot about Mordekaiser, your big ego is contraproductive to your statements since ppl with big ego's think they are the best without even realizing how bad they are.
And yes i just comment here and wrote this cuz i think ppl who are to arrogant&egoist should all get hit by a car ^__^(that doesnt mean i hate you or something, you can prob. be a nice person even with that Charactertrait, after all Potatis has a big ego too ,but he's worth his ego, and hes a stylish swedish guy)

And to stay ontopic:
I can imagine he clears the jungle fast, but without CC help from the Lane he ganks his ganks are worse, except at lvl 6, since Lizard buff should theoreticly apply to his Ultimate, after all its a single target dmg abilities with a build-in DoT(Wonder if the slow just counts for the initial hit or over the duration of the DoT)
TheJohn
<Editor>
TheJohn's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 18, 2011 6:08am | Report
Yukimaru wrote:

Just because you have a big ego and hes your favou champ, doesnt mean you know a lot about Mordekaiser, your big ego is contraproductive to your statements since ppl with big ego's think they are the best without even realizing how bad they are.
And yes i just comment here and wrote this cuz i think ppl who are to arrogant&egoist should all get hit by a car ^__^(that doesnt mean i hate you or something, you can prob. be a nice person even with that Charactertrait, after all Potatis has a big ego too ,but he's worth his ego, and hes a stylish swedish guy)

And to stay ontopic:
I can imagine he clears the jungle fast, but without CC help from the Lane he ganks his ganks are worse, except at lvl 6, since Lizard buff should theoreticly apply to his Ultimate, after all its a single target dmg abilities with a build-in DoT(Wonder if the slow just counts for the initial hit or over the duration of the DoT)

Why should the lizard buff slow? Its magical damage

Nah, that "big ego" attacks sometimes, but dont mind, it rarely happens
Yukimaru
<Member>
Yukimaru's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 18, 2011 6:20am | Report
TheJohn wrote:

Why should the lizard buff slow? Its magical damage

Many people aint realized it, but with the jungle rework, singletarget magical abilities also apply a slow from Lizard buff, thats why i think Ahri could also be prob. a viable jungler.
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 18, 2011 6:31am | Report
PsiGuard wrote:

Morde has a good damage trade in lane (or, at least I think he does now. Not sure how much this recent buff did for him). His early game 1v1 potential is comparatively weak, especially without his ult. He's very dependant on cooldowns to deal any damage, he has no CC and his shield is worthless against sustained damage. Its only helpful function is to absorb a couple hits or spells when you're trading in lane.

Most of this damage is backwards.

Mordekaiser has one of the worst damage trades in the game in lane.

His early game 1v1 is better than most, assuming he can attack minions as well as his target. It is indeed one of the most weak 1v1's in the game without a large amount of minions around.

Cooldown reduction actually hurts him before he gets a spell vamp book.

Mordekaiser's strength is AGAINST SUSTAINED DAMAGE, his weakness is burst damage.

Mordekaiser's shield is a way to add incentive to aggressive play.
Tri lane for life.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide