Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

My suggested changes to Essence Reaver

Creator: NicknameMy October 15, 2014 5:36pm
1 2 3
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 15, 2014 5:36pm | Report
So, Riot already anounced they are looking into Essence Reaver and want to change it a bit. Here is what I would do.

New Item:
Essence Thief
Build path: Vampiric Scepter + 600 gold
Cost: 1400 gold
Stats: 25 Attack Damage, 8% Life Steal
Uniqe Passive - Mana Drain: Your basic attacks and single target spells restore mana equal to between 1% and 4% of the physical damage dealt, based on your missing mana.

Essence Reaver
Essence Thief + The Brutalizer + 763 gold
Cost: 3500 gold
Stats: 60 Attack Damage, 10 Lifesteal
Unique Passive: 20 Armor Penetration
Unique Passive: 10 Cooldown Reduction
Unqiue Passive - Mana Drain: Your basic attacks and single target spells restore mana equal to between 4% and 8% of the physical damage dealt, based on your missing mana.

I think many AD Casters would like that Essence Reaver, already thinking about Urgot :D. And yeah, unique armor penetration, otherwise we would have League of Reavers. (Offers the same stats as Black Cleaver, just even better lol). Also, the combination of good AD, life steal and CDR is a strong and unique combo, so kick out the CDR on the one-side bench as well.

I think about making the life steal also avaiable to single target spells, but that would probably be totally broken, well. Maybe something like that it applies 1/2 of the users life steal on every single target spell physical damage. This would be only for Essence Reaver, of course.
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 17, 2014 9:54am | Report
Urgot? How about Lucian lol
Anyways, Real talk here - I think that tyhe mana drain is a little bit too strong on Your new item, essence thief. I think that the passive should be nerfed a litle bit to be something more along the lines of Unique Passive - Nerf Mana Drain: Your basic attacks and single target spells restore mana equal to 2% of the physical damage dealt, based on your missing mana.

For some reason, I feel as thought this item is giving too many stats. youre getting damage, Lifesteal, CDS, Arpen, CDR, and mana restore. I feel like that's almost as much stats as a trinity force, except all of those stats are REALLY REALLY significant - unlike Trinity force where it's basically the spellblade, MS, and health that people really benefit from.
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks for the sig, MissMaw!
NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 17, 2014 1:22pm | Report
I changed it to 1.5% to 6%, so it is actually less. But it is kinda no problem anyway, as it scales with the game. Means if you get it early, it kinda doesn't have the same effect.

Actually, this item grants the stats Trinity Force doesn't grant (except the AD, lol). The only difference to now is 20 less AD but 20 more armorpen. Maybe the armorpen has to go down to 10 but I don't think that is a big amount of problem.

And actually, why would you get this item on a real ADC which is no caster? They could just get a BT instead.
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 17, 2014 1:51pm | Report
tbh, I feel like Essence reaver is okay right now in terms of the stats it gives. The amounts could be changed though. Like, the low end of the mana sustain brought up for example to maybe 3-4%

But that's just my opinion.
True love is found only in yourself.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 17, 2014 2:54pm | Report
The problem with the item ist, the buildup is kinda ******ed (B.F. Sword + Vampiric Scepter = CDR, wtf?), it costs too much for what it should offer and you only get the "real" purpose of the item if you finish it, but you actually would like to have the mana earlier. 3200 gold is nothing easy. How can that be fine?

Also, the AD Caster which needs it most, Urgot, can't use it at all efficiently.
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 18, 2014 5:22am | Report
Not as pointless as your other threads. Kudos for that.

Breaking it down to smaller pieces is indeed reasonable. (Sth. Riot stated to do in '15 anyway, starting with Def and properly also with Dmg later)

But you totally miss the point why Essence Reaver sees little competetive play.
It's too freaking pricey and it's main purpose becomes less useful the later it gets.

If you now start adding more and more stuff, ppl are forced to buy it since it's too darn strong AND gives you the power to toally neglect any need for mana preservation.

If I wanted to rework it, I'd take that "Essence Thief" of yours reduce it's stats to the point where the price would drop below 1000g and rework the original Essence Reaver to have some unique effect that can be useful in some situtaions and/or to a part of the ADCs.
Sth like Youmuu's Ghostblade or Muramana for example.
FantasySniper
<Member>
FantasySniper's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 23, 2014 12:51pm | Report
I think it's fine as is. It makes using spells infinitely easy and only somewhat lacks lifesteal in return.

The item isn't designed to give mana early in the first place, what do you think would happen the moment Ezreal got virtually unlimited mana and damage to boot? Giving it an early component breaks a lot of the laning phase when you have champions that need to be severely gated by their mana.
If you want to help me, teach me.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 23, 2014 4:15pm | Report
Okay, a different design then:

Essence Thief:
Vampiric Scepter + Forbidden Idol + 500 gold
2000 gold
35 attack damage, 8% lifesteal, 10 mana regeneration/50% base mana regeneration, 10% Cooldown Reduction

Essence Reaver:
Essence Thief + Pickaxe + 325 gold
3200 gold
80 attack damage, 10% lifesteal, 10% cooldown reduction
Unqiue Passive - Mana Drain: Your basic attacks and single target spells restore mana equal to between 4% and 8% of the physical damage dealt, based on your missing mana.

This better?

Quoted:
http://www.reignofgaming.net/news/29899-commemorate-the-2014-season-baconhawk-on-jannas
We're testing out a couple of changes to Essence Reaver at the moment that might help her out a bit there . We're considering giving it a subcomponent that's a mini version with a bit of AD, lifesteal, mana restore on hit. Might also up the CDR it gives (and then up the cost a bit if needed). No guarantees those changes will make it through testing yet though of course. Goal is to help out ADC casters, need to investigate some possible abuse cases on AD assassins however and ensure it's actually helping as intended.
He is gonna kill you!!!
FantasySniper
<Member>
FantasySniper's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 24, 2014 3:36am | Report
NicknameMy wrote:
Okay, a different design then:

Essence Thief:
Vampiric Scepter + Forbidden Idol + 500 gold
2000 gold
35 attack damage, 8% lifesteal, 10 mana regeneration/50% base mana regeneration, 10% Cooldown Reduction

Essence Reaver:
Essence Thief + Pickaxe + 325 gold
3200 gold
80 attack damage, 10% lifesteal, 10% cooldown reduction

This better?

Besides for the part where you lose Mp5, this would most definitely suit it.
If you want to help me, teach me.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 24, 2014 4:27am | Report
the mp5 isn't lost, it is transformed into the passive.
He is gonna kill you!!!
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide