Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Pantheon Solo Top

Creator: viper459 December 14, 2011 2:01pm
1 2
Joobieo#41288
<Member>
Joobieo#41288's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 16, 2011 7:16pm | Report
Panth is along the lines with LeBlanc.

If you don't snowball or if you don't plan on snowballing get ready for GG's at 40 min mark.
Current Solo Q Elo = 1405+
Active United States Marine
Malzahar - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
Kassadin - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
Chaotic Bliss
<Member>
Chaotic Bliss's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 26, 2011 6:04pm | Report
Keels wrote:

Pantheon Falls off so terribly late game that if he doesn't go Nuker AD carry he just doesn't bring anything to the fight besides a 1 second stun and meh damage, with a totally impractical ult in teamfights. I like the addition of the frozen heart, but your lack of an infinty edge disturbs me...

I have to disagree with this completely. What you fail to see about Panth is that by design he is suppose to dominate early game. If he can get fed, he is a beast mid and late game. But late game he becomes a lil more team dependent since he lacks survival as a full AD Glass Cannon.

His kit comes with wicked power as a duelist, so building him tanky can benefit him greatly. He can combo and still be able to take a hit till it comes back up. Most AD Panth get focused and shut down if he doesnt play right. Build him tanky and he gets focused, he can do more than just play janitor... Janitor... ya know the guy that just cleans up...

IMO Tanky/Full Tank beats AD Glass Cannon.

Another thing you need to know about Panth, if you dont know this already is he is item dependent. Without items he can easily be taken advantage of. If you take DPS items, you are forced to fight and go balls to the walls. You have to kill them before they kill you. If you take tanky items, you are given the options of fighting or exchanging blows simply because you have the ability to take more dmg.

Lets talk about DPS vs Tanky/Tank when it comes to team fights.

DPS brings his burst dmg and stun, but than has to wait for his CDs to come back.

Tanky/Tank is able to initiate and help the team focus down key targets.

DPS Panth has a target on his back in team fights, and if focused is pretty useless.

Tanky/Tank Panth is a target, but can be focused long enough to let the rest of the team go to work on the other team.

DPS Panth no/little survival and highdmg output

Tanky/Tank Panth high survival and moderate dmg output.

DPS Panth baiting/kiting risks death

Tanky/Tank Panth baiting/kiting is superior.

Again, Tanky/Tank Panth benefits the team better than AD Glass Cannon.

Links below lead to victory. Choose your path

Pillars of Justice

Seeds of Chaos

Open your minds

Skype me at: chaotic_bliss1
viper459
<Member>
viper459's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 27, 2011 3:41am | Report
thank you, because that was more or less exactly my point in making him a tanky solo top. he's just not that viable as a full ad carry because there are chanps who are ranged and have better burst. he's not all too viable as a jungler, lee sin or skarner will beat him any day imho. but solo top with a tanky build, i think i've found a niche where he is quite good - mainly because his kit just has much better synergy for solo top.
Chaotic Bliss
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 27, 2011 9:33am | Report
I play him as a solid tank. Full tank items and if my guides werent outdated Id have it out to show you.

His kit makes him a great duelist. Stun, ranged poke, coned AoE, and his ult is great for getting back to lane or to gank mid. And I think its sad that people think that his stun, his ult, and HSS are sub par in late game.

And if he gets the blue golem buff, he can damn near able to spam his spear and stun. IDK about you, but a near spammable stun in team fights is superior.

Pillars of Justice

Seeds of Chaos

Open your minds

Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 27, 2011 2:43pm | Report
With all the stereotypes wandering the forum I wonder why noone mentioned an early Atmog's /Mallet + Atma's...?

Pantheon doesnt need to be full tank or glass cannon, just build him regulary like Riven/Renekton etc.

Frozen Mallet/ Warmog's Armor
Atma's Impaler
Ionian Boots of Lucidity
Infinity Edge
Bloodthirster

Where's the problem doing that? Cant remember seeing much of a different type around anyway.
Chaotic Bliss
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 27, 2011 8:17pm | Report
All that does is make him bulky DPS. He would be relying on his massive HP to get him thru fights. Its a bulky DPS, and it dont always make the cut

Pillars of Justice

Seeds of Chaos

Open your minds

1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide