Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Shyvana Jungle Help!

Creator: dominolo21 November 13, 2014 4:09pm
1 2
Which is better for Shyvana?
dominolo21
<Member>
dominolo21's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 13, 2014 4:09pm | Report
Since Shyvana is free this week I decided to play her as a jungler. All is well but I am having trouble with picking my jungling item. Some people say that Wriggle's Lantern is horrible and the Golem is the way to go, while others say the opposite. Can anyone set this straight? Thank you!
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 13, 2014 6:36pm | Report
It's not quite clear, since everyone prefers to play her top lane. I would recommend Spirit of the Ancient Golem if you're having your heart set on playing her in the jungle. With her good hybrid damage, and her %hp damage she deals with autos + Flame Breath, she's got enough mixed damage to be considered a threat, without many damage items. She is a much greater asset to your team if she is tanky, than if she deals tons of damage
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks for the sig, MissMaw!
Vorcia
<Member>
Vorcia's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 14, 2014 5:40am | Report
I'd go Wriggles, Shyvana just farms the jungle so much and so fast that she can get the Feral Flare really early. I think Golem is decent on her but she just earns so much more gold from wriggles.
I'd just build wriggles, Blade of the Ruined King, then full tank.
Uuskilu
<Member>
Uuskilu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 16, 2014 4:38am | Report
Vorcia wrote:
I'd go Wriggles, Shyvana just farms the jungle so much and so fast that she can get the Feral Flare really early. I think Golem is decent on her but she just earns so much more gold from wriggles.
I'd just build wriggles, Blade of the Ruined King, then full tank.

And if you have AS Marks and quints omg its insane, I wreck with my Shyv jungle even though she's not even on H4xdefenders tier list in the jungle section anymore
Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the epic sigpic

Also, check out my Soundcloud, I make music..kinda
https://soundcloud.com/agentagent/tracks
HiFromBuddha
<Member>
HiFromBuddha's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 17, 2014 5:11pm | Report
Definitely go for the Feral Flare. Shyvana farms the jungle ridiculously fast, so you'll get the FF incredibly early.

Thank you to MissMaw for the signatures!
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 17, 2014 5:49pm | Report
Yeah definitely go with Feral Flare. Feral + BotRK is cheap and has massive damage output.

PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 17, 2014 7:41pm | Report
Feral Flare is probably your best bet. It's a complete waste of Shyvana's strengths as a jungler if you go Golem imo. The only thing she does better than other junglers is farm quickly, so you might as well get the item that rewards you the most for being a fast farmer.

I'm not really sure if Blade of the Ruined King is worth the gold in the jungle. I would probably get it if you're getting really fed early game but it ends up delaying your first defensive items by quite a bit and Flare gives you a lot of damage already. You might just want to go for a second item Sunfire Aegis and then get really tanky or something.

Try some games with BotRK and some without, you should be able to get a feel for yourself if it's worth buying. I will say that Bilgewater Cutlass is a pretty fantastic early-mid game item for her though.
Thanks to Jovy for the sig!
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 18, 2014 3:54am | Report
Well, Shyvana needs at least 1 form of slow early, she is a meele without Yimode, so she will get kited. Bilgewater Cutlass is a good item for that, but Randuin's Omen could be a good option for a more defensive start as well.
PenileStampede
<Member>
PenileStampede's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 1, 2014 5:53am | Report
With the updated (wrecked..) jungler items, Feral Flare is a no-go now.
I build Poacher's Knife - Devourer for the attack speed and on-hit magic damage, for an insane jungle clear speed, with Blade of the Ruined King shortly after.

Click pic for a magical Kalista guide.

<Bullets may have your name on it.
Grenades are addressed "To whom it may concern".>
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 1, 2014 1:39pm | Report
BTW:

Twin Bite
Cooldown reduced to 9 / 8 / 7 / 6 / 5 seconds from 10 / 9 / 8 / 7 / 6.
Burnout
Now deals 20% bonus damage to monsters.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide