Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Support Yorick too Strong?

Creator: Slizer002 November 28, 2011 3:15am
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Slizer002
<Member>
Slizer002's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 28, 2011 3:15am | Report
Hello people!

Yesterday I found myself in the situation where I picked up Yorick and at the end of picks it was up to me to bring CV to the team table (which I still feel I need to do properly!).

Well, Yorick worked surprisingly well as a support champion - I haven't been playing him all that much so Im in no way just a "real pr0 yorick player", but both games I were STOMPING the bottom lane.

First game with a Tristana against a pretty standard Ashe, Janna lane - and I have to say that right from level 1 by picking W Janna and Ashe lost EVERY trade against me and Tristana.
As the game progressed the amount we won the trades with, and the amount of poke I alone could give them made us able to completely zone them out or kill them whenever they strayed abit too far from their turrets.

The game was won in 27 minutes with the Tristana with 10 kills. (SS of scoreboard first attachment).

I then thought that I had to try it again, to see if I were just up against very bad opponents or something like that.

Well 2nd game, a quite less optimal setup for this - With a TEEMO as our AD carry, this time I went against a Nidalee, Vayne lane. At first I was pretty sure we were gonna get quite owned by them because of us having no sustain and shorter range etc.

However I was quite wrong, again from level 1 we managed to make them unable to trade, and I realised that if I put down my W ghoul where Nidalee have set her traps, the trap triggers on the ghoul! xD (very funny she never had any traps for long aslong as I was nearby.

We proceeded to win the lane pretty hard with the help of a few good jungle ganks, but even before that we DIVED the Vayne around level 4 and both got out alive without any trouble.

Our top lane had meanwhile been giving their Cho'Gath a few kills and let him FREE FARM!

So when we first got to the teamfights... we got Crushed by a Cho with 250 CS!
The game went on for long with their team being carried by Cho and our Teemo working hard towards getting his Madreds so we could finally get some real damage ontop the Cho, however in the end of the game I as support Yorick was able to INITIATE fights and just be in their faces for long enough to finally make them focus me in teamfights allowing for my team to clean them up.

The strenght of Yorick being played as support was amazing, even though I had very little farm I was still a big threat to enemies and was extraordinarily tanky.

I was quite amazed of how little amount of items was needed for me to get going and if the game had dragged on much more I most likely would've bought Atmas and started giving REAL damage.

My item build was pretty much standard support build with rushing Philo's and HoG then working towards Mercs, Aegis, Shurelia's, Randuins and other defensive items.

Always remembering to buying wards and with how tanky Yorick is, getting an Oracle made alot of sense to me.

I ran with defensive masteries 0/21/9 and some health/reg, armor, MR and ARP from runes.

I would very much just like to hear about what you think of this and if anyone else have tried this? ^^

-> Link the thread on NA forums! http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1531949

If someone can't stay alive in lane for 6:30 seconds on their own then they got problems.
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 28, 2011 5:13am | Report
Every SS works on any champ (except Mana on Tryn etc.) its only how much use you can make of it.
If you were still able to skill it, your support could pick exhaust/ignite while some carry picks CV. With enough arrangement theres no difference.

Maybe its just me, but Yorick is nearly unmatched against anyone.
You only need to build tank+TF and still deal "tons of dmg" while you have an implemented slow/lifesteal.
Fighting against other AA who build full dmg, youll nearly deal the same amount of dmg building hard offtank while having 4 adds at your disposal.

And if they manage to take you down after all youll come back and take them with you.

Totally fair... wait a minute...
Slizer002
<Member>
Slizer002's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 28, 2011 5:41am | Report
Darcurse wrote:

Every SS works on any champ (except Mana on Tryn etc.) its only how much use you can make of it.
If you were still able to skill it, your support could pick exhaust/ignite while some carry picks CV. With enough arrangement theres no difference.

Maybe its just me, but Yorick is nearly unmatched against anyone.
You only need to build tank+TF and still deal "tons of dmg" while you have an implemented slow/lifesteal.
Fighting against other AA who build full dmg, youll nearly deal the same amount of dmg building hard offtank while having 4 adds at your disposal.

And if they manage to take you down after all youll come back and take them with you.

Totally fair... wait a minute...

Well I played him as a true support, letting my carry get the last hits etc.

But are you telling me Yorick is OP? O.o

If someone can't stay alive in lane for 6:30 seconds on their own then they got problems.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 28, 2011 8:11am | Report
I've been screamin' out support Yorick for almost 2 months now... :P

Little late to the bus stop, but you can still hop on, it hasn't left yet.

(There's still plenty of time before people figure it out. It won't go big until a pro uses it in a tourny match...)
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 28, 2011 8:16am | Report
DuffTime wrote:

I've been screamin' out support Yorick for almost 2 months now... :P

Little late to the bus stop, but you can still hop on, it hasn't left yet.

(There's still plenty of time before people figure it out. It won't go big until a pro uses it in a tourny match...)

Epik Gaming's Nhat Nguyen has been playing TONS of support Yorick in ranked games lately.
Tri lane for life.
Wintermond
<Member>
Wintermond's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 28, 2011 8:22am | Report
Support Yorick is legit.

El Psy Congroo.

|You can't spell slaughter without laughter.|

Slizer002
<Member>
Slizer002's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 28, 2011 8:37am | Report
I don't watch Nhat's stream - but it sounds like I got myself a new legit support! :

What runes etc are Nhat using though?
And have you guys actually tried it? ^^

Wintermond
<Member>
Wintermond's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 28, 2011 8:51am | Report
I hate Yorick, he is the ultimate boring champ for me.

I would use ArP/Armor reds, armor seals, flat cdr glyphs and Gp10/Hp5/Hp quints.

I'm not sure about glyphs tho, I just think that a lower cd on his abilities is sexy. Dat puressur bro.

El Psy Congroo.

|You can't spell slaughter without laughter.|

DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 28, 2011 9:26am | Report
Silly Winter.. :3

We're supporting here!! Wat do need ARP for.. no never need ARP!! not no need da arp.

Instead we should consider...

Flat MR or Armor reds.

Flat armor or Mana regen yellows.

Flat MR, CDR, or mana regen blues.

Quints~ Lots of options tbh.

Armor, MR, Move speed, GP10, or even CDR. (I personally wouldn't use HP quints simply because they don't scale as well into late game and armor/MR is great on champs with sustain like Yorick.)

^_^

But yeah why wouldn't a nasty poke and a good soak with lots of sustain, and an ult that is 100% gear independent be desirable? ^_^

Just a matter of time before some players caught on, been saying it for ages :P
Khazem
<King of the Hill>
Khazem's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 28, 2011 9:29am | Report
If you think Yorick support is annoying

Wait till you face Yorick with a Soraka support
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide