Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Support Yorick too Strong?

Creator: Slizer002 November 28, 2011 3:15am
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 28, 2011 9:32am | Report
Orrrrr support Yorick with a carry Soraka? (Would be better long run.)
Sacull_Kinslayer
<Member>
Sacull_Kinslayer's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 28, 2011 9:39am | Report
Soraka and Yorick bottom would be a freaking zone fest. I may need to try that soon. Yorick support works. I have used it before.
Did I manage to assist you in any way? Hook me up by hitting that nifty +Rep button.

All guides have been archived due to my not being able to play LoL currently. The information is still there and is good but until I return they will be archived. I am able to keep them updated and current though.

Vladimir's Blood Resource. Designed for beginner's and beyond.
Vladimir's Blood Resource: Post Nerf Edition.
The Exemplar of Tanking: Jarvan IV .

Making a Guide by jhoijhoi This is everything you need to know about making a guide. Amazing.

...and Buffy staked Edward. The End.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 28, 2011 9:44am | Report
AP Soraka with heal summoner is nasty ^_^

That lane would be almost immovable.
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 28, 2011 9:47am | Report
Slizer002 wrote:

Well I played him as a true support, letting my carry get the last hits etc.

But are you telling me Yorick is OP? O.o

Thats ok get yourself GP5 or get the gold you need like a tank would.

Yorick =/= OP. Yorick = Youre melee? Youre screwed. Youre ranged? Hope you have lifeleech/spellvamp, heavy nuke and a "no skillshot"-CC...
If you manage to avoid getting shovled by Yorick himself the Ghouls will simple annoy the heck out of you.
Yorick with enough mana: The bulkiest/ugliest champ out there and I mean "Hunchback of Notre-Dame"-bulky/ugly...

What pisses me oft most isnt Yorick himself but those ghouls:
-They spring traps (you mentioned)
-They scout
-2/3 spawn right besides you
-They heal him/do dmg on you without him having to do anything
-If I play s1 like Brand I could easily bring him down, but guess what: He slowes/charges at me while being covered by 3 expendable douchebags.
Slizer002
<Member>
Slizer002's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 28, 2011 10:18am | Report
So we pretty much agree on runes here Duff, cause I would use armor or MR for my support page.. if I weren't so obsessed about getting all the OP champs that Im using all my IP on champs atm.. xD

But agreed that Arp>Mpen? xD

However what about masteries for him?
Both as support and in general, cause Im pretty unsure about what to use on him tbh xD

Imo, skilling order would definately be R>W>E>Q and build is something like Philo's, HoG, mercs, Aegis rest situational? ^^

Compare him to other supports, how strong is he really?

If someone can't stay alive in lane for 6:30 seconds on their own then they got problems.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 28, 2011 10:40am | Report
Probably not. I think Mpen would probs be better?

You're only really gonna use the Lifesteal ghoul anyway. Doesn't it do magic dmg?

The slowing ghoul OCCASIONALLY.

Support Yorick is a niche pick.

I.E, he won't work "Perfectly" in every game and you need to understand WHY you're taking support Yorick. (This almost means he's riskier in blind pick/normal, and a solid, solid choice in ranked/draft modes.)

When your team has a Vayne or a Kogmaw or some super carry right clicker like that? Support Yorick is always going to be a great end game investment. His ultimate is 100% gear independent, and his other skills are useful in lane phase and slowly drop off end game either way.

When your opponents have a carry that scares you and you want to harass it out of lane, Yorick might be a smart choice.

If your opponents don't have a heal in their bot lane, and every bit of harass you land is going to stick, Yorick might be a good pick.

Like Janna, or Blitz for example. Yorick is a good pick against those supports without sustain.

You'll want to tank up, because to poke, you're usually going to have to trade.

Also I wouldn't probably use Yorick against a "Hard initiate" bot lane. A lane like Graves/Alistar would be tough. Vayne/Alistar. Etc. He doesn't have good keep away skills.

Basically you take him as a support when you have something like Vayne or Kogmaw and you're shooting for a stupid strong end game combo without having to sacrifice your top lane spot to a champ like Yorick ^_^
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 28, 2011 1:28pm | Report
Yorick is viable as a support for two reasons:

1. dat harass. He can harass the enemy HARD, often outdamaging their sustain.

2. dat ult. Yorick's ultimate is super strong when you put it on an AD carry, and support yorick allows for yorick to stick around for his crazy utility (ult + slow + harass) without taking up the solo top position.

as for runes: I'd take damage runes, because Yorick's power in lane comes from damage. You're not sitting there and healing your lane partner, like soraka would, you're sitting in the bush, zoning the enemy. You can't zone the enemy if you can't hit them hard enough to make a dent.
Click for one of my awesome builds!
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 28, 2011 2:05pm | Report
Meeeeh, not really.
I'm pretty sure the likes of ashe, maokai and lux outclass him.
"Blizzard spoke thus; Thou shalt not BM. And the players replied Nay, I shall Play my hand with Lethal already on the board. And so Blizzard sent unto them this Brawl of Yogg, As a lesson for their sins of Pride and Greed, for he is the Prophet of Madness and RNG. On that day, the tavern descended into an era of chaos and darkness, until the weekend passed and everyone forgot all about it. Amen. Book of SMOrc, Verse 20, Chapter 4." - Feam T
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 28, 2011 3:04pm | Report
Well Lux is a pretty garbage support in comparison so that's 100% wrong.

Ashe I'd say is decent but she lacks sustain so it's sorta not comparable. Also her role performed is day and night compared to the role that Yorick fulfills. Ashe would be free mini CV's, big CC's, and most importantly, ranged initiation.

I.E, both Ashe and Yorick are good, but for very different reasons. I'd lean towards Yorick personally.

Yorick has only his slow, which is not much, but what he does bring is his entirely gear independent game changing ultimate, which can be used on huge DPS champions like Vayne and Kogmaw as previously mentioned.

Meaning they are in completely different categories.

Maokai is a solid support but he's also in a different category and I think he's perfect for the jungle as long as his clear time is decent. I think there's just the right amount of gold in the jungle for him, whereas as a support might be just a little bit lacking.

Yet, Yorick really doesn't need any gold whatsoever. He could have zero gold and as long as Vayne is fed, you get the most important part of Yorick.

That's really what puts him above a support like Maokai in my mind, complete gear independence. It's really what separates good supports from bad ones. What kind of an impact can they still have with little to no gear.

I think Yorick with Shurelya's and Aegis is a perfect fit personally.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 28, 2011 3:22pm | Report
I know that lux is a meh support, what I'm saying is that yorick is probably about as good at it as lux is.
"Well, basically you should treat me like a prostitute." - TotalBiscuit
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide