Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Tiger stance vs Pheonix stance

Creator: Searz September 15, 2011 1:48am
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 15, 2011 6:43am | Report
I prefer Tiger. Junglers need to gank, successful ganks give an advantage in the lane. Clear time...I want to clear it reasonably fast, but once I start ganking the jungle is easily clearable.

AD quints...Searz...I know you're the "rune guy" but (and don't take this personally) AD quints are simply ******ED....Personal preference I suppose, but I don't think the ~8AD provided is all that much of an early game advantage, that's just me. I know the numbers say something differently, but not enough to convince me.

I run ArP marks/Armor Yellows/AS blues/2 AS 1 ArP quint (if I remember correctly). Tiger stance-turtle-tiger-bear...I seem to do just fine.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 15, 2011 6:46am | Report
Nighthawk wrote:

Currently I prefer Phoenix > Tiger because I play Solo top Udyr and WANT to push the lane, and Phoenix does a better AoE job of that.

l0l
U bad.

You really can't lane with Udyr without skilling Tiger...
"I walked up to her big butt and asked her *** butt what." - Lil Wayne, lyrical genius

"I can't decide where I stand on abortion, on one hand it is killing children, on the other it gives women a choice." - ???
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 15, 2011 6:48am | Report
@Jeffy: AD Quints are better for tiger jungling because most of your ganking damage and the reason you clear fast is because of the magic damage.

I think it just comes down to preference. I jungle tiger and everyone says that phoenix is better. I have yet to test this as I don't have "appropriate" runes for jungling phoenix effectively. It pushes faster later game, yes but I really don't think that, in solo queue, it's really going to matter much.
True love is found only in yourself.
PotatisFarfar
<Veteran>
PotatisFarfar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 15, 2011 6:49am | Report
I have been playing alot of udyr as of late. (i think i was the one making searz do this thread ;D)

And i most say phoenix > tiger in jungle.

And Tiger > pheonix in lane.

As many pointed out. Bein able to gank that fast is really huge. And you can pick upp Ms quints with pheonix without a problem.

And another + for pheonix ganks is that most people don't see the 3'rd proc of damage coming. They will just stand there and tanks you being all like "haha silly udyr no tiger". Then BAM! 300 dmg hit!

And Pheonix is just alot more suitable for a tanky dps build.

As for lane.

@Nighthawk

Why wuld you wanna push your lane?

Tiger is just better for laning. all you have to do is bear into them, then tag them with tiger. Then got back to farming.

Rince and repeat intill you can go in for the kill.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 15, 2011 6:50am | Report

AD quints...Searz...I know you're the "rune guy" but (and don't take this personally) AD quints are simply ******ED....Personal preference I suppose, but I don't think the ~8AD provided is all that much of an early game advantage, that's just me. I know the numbers say something differently, but not enough to convince me.

I run ArP marks/Armor Yellows/AS blues/2 AS 1 ArP quint (if I remember correctly). Tiger stance-turtle-tiger-bear...I seem to do just fine.

Know why AD is so awesome on Tiger stance?
It deals magic damage scaling at 1.5 with AD. That's a HUGE difference for your jungle (20seconds in the first clear). Even in the lane I'd pick AD quints just because he scales with AD but deals magic damage. ArP just doesn't help with that (I'd prolly still get ArP marks tho).

Do tell me your time (without leash) with the masteries and starting items I use and your runes. I'm pretty damn sure it's a lot slower.
The moment a religious person unknowingly calls his own ways stupid: "And lol. I highly doubt you have magic powers. If you proved it I would believe you, but since you 'refuse to', I choose not to."
PotatisFarfar
<Veteran>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 15, 2011 6:53am | Report
Yupp. Arp marks for Triforce proc. so strong!
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 15, 2011 7:00am | Report

As many pointed out. Bein able to gank that fast is really huge. And you can pick upp Ms quints with pheonix without a problem.

I wanna know the difference in speed between MS quints and AS quints. We can't say for sure that MS is better yet.

Quoted:
And Pheonix is just alot more suitable for a tanky dps build.

Not really. It's just that Tiger scales a little better with damage so he's usually better with Tiger if gearing into damage.

Quoted:
(i think i was the one making searz do this thread ;D)

Nope :P
I USED YA BRAH, I USED YA

PotatisFarfar
<Veteran>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 15, 2011 7:02am | Report
As soon as i get home i can show you AS quints on pheonix <3
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 15, 2011 7:13am | Report
TIGER STANCE UDYR SMASH!!
Mazuran
<Member>
Mazuran's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 15, 2011 7:17am | Report
AtkSpd Quints means more Phoenix procs and more DPS from autoattacks whichever flavour of Udyr you're using -> Faster Jungle clear

MS Quints means less time wasted running from camp to camp -> Faster Jungle clear. But more MS equals better chasing for ganks.

I'd hazard a prediction that AtkSpd quints make for a faster jungle time overall, but that MS quints make ganks a bit easier/better.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide