Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Trundle support

Creator: Quite Nomible October 2, 2014 2:35am
Quite Nomible
<Member>
Quite Nomible's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 2, 2014 2:35am | Report
Just tried a few games with Trundle support, it's funny as hell.

Against non-mobile champs like Kog'Maw and Jinx it actually worked like an absolute boss if you can land your ice pillars correctly, as it pretty much f*cks over their entire positioning for the whole pillar's duration, so they're pretty much sitting there for the entire 6 seconds with a 45% slow. And it's not only awesome for that, it's also an AMAZING disengage tool. Get some CDR in it, and you can spam one of these every 6,6 seconds. You can also interrupt your friendly Fiddle ultimate with it :D.

His passive also grants him tons of lane sustain, especially in mid-game when you stacked some HP, making your very strong against poke champs.

Your R allows you to towerdive very well, as it steals the resistances + some health from the carry (or from that enemy leona :D), allowing your carry to make an easy kill.

Maxed the ice pillar first, following up with my W to take down towers quickly.

Proceeded to spam dance throughout the entire match.

Items: mobility boots/merc treads, face of the mountain, sightstone, frozen heart, spirit visage, randuin's omen/guardian angel/BoTRK/sunfire cape.

Wouldn't say this is the best thing ever or anything like that, but he's a fun non-meta support that's not entirely useless either in some scenario's (he is however against any ADC with a dash... derp). 7/10, would trundle again.

Match 1
Match 2

Thoughts on it? (don't take this way too serious though, I mean... it's Trundle. Trundle support. Also I haven't played support since... 2013?)
- met hans
- ja, goedemiddag
- het is nog morgen hoor
- o, dan bel ik u vanmiddag terug
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 2, 2014 7:44pm | Report
probably a lot of fun, but not very good. E max first is the way to go, I would probably max Q scond over W. W just gives a lot of free stats, but Q hits harder and reduces the enemy AD which is better for trading, but then again your bite is melee range so tough to say, I just don't really see the benefit in maxing W second

probably go 0/21/9 or 9/21/0 with armor reds, health yellows, mr/lvl blues and armor quints starting with Relic Shield.

I don't really know that would be my guess, I've played CDR trundle on Aram and it's a lot of fun
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 2, 2014 9:10pm | Report
I'm 100% against melee supports with no presence.

Same reason why no one plays Udyr support or even Udyr jungle.

Kitable champs with no other advantage are generally never played. Don't think Trundle's pillar is impactful enough to actually do well in lane.

I mean if you're looking for unconventional support bruisers I'd look towards Yorick, Lee, Jarvan, GP

stuff that have lane presence
Quite Nomible
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 3, 2014 5:05am | Report
Mooninites wrote:
probably a lot of fun, but not very good. E max first is the way to go, I would probably max Q scond over W. W just gives a lot of free stats, but Q hits harder and reduces the enemy AD which is better for trading, but then again your bite is melee range so tough to say, I just don't really see the benefit in maxing W second

Maxing W allows you to take towers down very quickly (which we were doing a lot, as we were winning our lane for... whatever reason), and the trades I made in lane were taking pretty long, so I thought the massive AS steroid would come in handy. I believe it gives you like 80% AS for 8 seconds at max rank, which is quite a bunch.

Quoted:

probably go 0/21/9 or 9/21/0 with armor reds, health yellows, mr/lvl blues and armor quints starting with Relic Shield.

For runes I just took ADC runes, because I didn't have support runes because you can sustain any poke quite easily thanks to your passive, and Trundle does quite a bit of damage when going for an all-in trade. Depends a lot on what you want to do in lane, I think.
💣︎✡︎ ☜︎✠︎✋︎💧︎❄︎☜︎☠︎👍︎☜︎ ✋︎💧︎ ☠︎⚐︎🕈︎

👍︎⚐︎💣︎☜︎ ✌︎☠︎👎︎ ☺︎⚐︎✋︎☠︎ 💣︎☜︎📬︎📬︎📬︎

✋︎ 🕈︎✋︎☹︎☹︎ 💧︎☜︎☜︎ ✡︎⚐︎🕆︎ 💧︎⚐︎⚐︎☠︎

⚐︎☼︎ 🕈︎✋︎☹︎☹︎ ✡︎⚐︎🕆︎✍︎
Quite Nomible
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 3, 2014 5:17am | Report
Embracing wrote:

Kitable champs with no other advantage are generally never played. Don't think Trundle's pillar is impactful enough to actually do well in lane.

It actually did a lot of wonders against non-dashing champs, it was pretty ridiculous. Champs like Ashe and Jinx had pretty much no choice other than either walk through a 6 seconds slow or burn their flash if their positions were completely out of place. In one scenario Ashe tried to poke me under the tower and had to burn her flash immediately because of the turret agro as soon as I landed the pillar.
But then again... any dashing champ can just dash over the pillar, making Trundle's whole purpose pretty much useless.
ah, so that's how randomizing signatures works.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide