Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Forum rules - No build linking

Creator: Matt October 22, 2010 4:16pm
1 2 3 4
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 22, 2010 4:16pm | Report
Please review the rules before posting on this or any other forum topic. You can read them here:

http://www.mobafire.com/rules

Please pay particular attention to the rule about linking and advertising your builds on the forum.

Creating a thread for the sole purpose of getting extra views to your guide is not allowed. If everyone did this, the forums would become completely useless, drowning in build spam. If we allow one person to do it, we have to allow everyone to do it to be fair. Even if you don't post a direct link, if all your thread is doing is asking people to check out your build it has the same negative effect.

There are lists across the site as well as the browse section advertising your build to those that are interested in it. They do not need forum spam to help them find what they want. If you DO advertise your build from the forums, not only do you risk moderator punishment but I can tell you that the other users will not appreciate it and most times it will result in a lot of negative attention and down votes.

You MAY however, link to your guides from your signature, provided you don't do it in an obnoxious way.

If you feel that the existing tools for finding guides are not doing a good enough job in advertising your guide, feel free to post your suggestions on how to improve it in the Support forum.
Restrictnine#5232
<Veteran>
Restrictnine#5232's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 22, 2010 11:19pm | Report
Well... We can refer guides right?
Like in the new player forums, i refered someone to DEWO's and PFP's guides. Thats ok right?
Click on the Banner to see my new and improved Udyr guide!

Guides By RestrictNine, A.K.A. Taggrin
B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 22, 2010 11:33pm | Report
Only if you don't put up a link.

Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 23, 2010 12:11am | Report
Just use your better judgment. Creating a new thread that says "hey everyone go vote up my new build!" is the worst type of offense and we may start punishing such posts. Replying to a discussion and linking a relevant build that contributes and furthers the discussion, especially if it's not your own build, shouldn't upset anyone.

If your purpose in linking the build is at all for the sake of boosting views and votes, people will see right through you, they will respond angrily and they may go vote your build down out of spite. That is just unpleasant for everyone.
Shrillex
<Veteran>
Shrillex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 23, 2010 10:30am | Report
Amen.
PotatisFarfar
<Veteran>
PotatisFarfar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 24, 2010 10:17am | Report
less fun for me :> guess we all have to take a blow to the head some times
Restrictnine#5232
<Veteran>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 26, 2010 9:47am | Report
Heh. Well obviously im not stupid enough to spam my guide in the forums. that just makes people angry. But in the new player forum may be full of this, as it is hard to tell if they are actually trying to help, or if they are subliminally saying "vote this guide because i helped you out"

Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 26, 2010 7:11pm | Report
Really that's not a great excuse either. If people feel like helping out new guide writers there are plenty to be found on the browse page. The new player help section is better used for specific questions. Don't paste a build and say "help me improve my build!" as that really just seems like trying to skirt the rules ... Instead just ask specific questions. That way other users will benefit from the answers as well and you don't risk a lot of negative attention for the build.
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 28, 2010 1:45pm | Report
hey guys you should check out my build at www.checkoutmybuild.com
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
Restrictnine#5232
<Veteran>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 28, 2010 6:31pm | Report
caucheka wrote:

hey guys you should check out my build at www.checkoutmybuild.com

I couldn't help it. I clicked.

1 2 3 4

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide