Quick Start, Basic
Core Early Game Items
Basic Full Build
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
This guide is meant to allow for the reader to pick up some quick tips and methods to playing the new reworked guide. More information will be added if desired.
What I expect of YOU
- General League of Legends Things
- Basic Playstyles of Juggernaut's and/or Splitpushers
- This Guide won't make you a master Yorick player, just provide you with a starting point
Pros and Cons
- Amazing sustain
- Great dueling
- Splitpushing TO THE GODS
- No escapes
- Weak early game
- Item dependent
*Due to the nature of this guide being quick I will only be going over core items right now*
Why Hextech Gunblade ?
Yorick currently snowballs HEAVILY with any form of an early game lead, not only does this item allow him to push a lead and provide burst, the healing from "all damage dealt" applies to his minion and maiden's damage, allowing him to heal when his minions attack.
Why Trinity Force or Iceborn Gauntlet instead of Black Cleaver?
With this guide we are aiming to duel, push, and carry. Trinity will help us snowball with more damage, and allow us to one shot squishies late game. Iceborn gives us the opportunity for some CC and peel for our allies (as well as a little wave clear). Black Cleaver is amazing, but we plan on pushing towers and objectives, not killing tanks.
Why Sterak's Gage?
This item is a cheap, brainless OMFG button (with no required button pressing) that will save us from massive incoming damage, potentially turning a fight late game.
Why ZZ'Rot Portal?
With the goal of splitpushing in mind this item opens up many opportunities. Maiden + zz rot botlane while you push top and help w/ baron; Maiden bot, ZZ'Rot mid, you top (allowing you to push 3 lanes at once by yourself).
Being a quick quide, Let's make this quick.
- When in doubt farm it out
- Save TP to help bot if you can
- Just because you want to splitpush doesn't mean leave your team out to dry, place maiden or ZZ in a different lane to obtain map control.
- Don't push to push, you can freeze it under tower
- Have fun, but don't be cocky, you're playing a new champ so bear with your teammates and keep them updated on what you plan on doing, but don't flame them if things go wrong.