Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Threats to Heimerdinger with this build
|Akali||She may have burst but you out range her. Zone her from farming and use take Barrier instead of Ignite if you aren't too confident. Get Zhonya's Hourglass and she's going to be useless.|
Hello guys its Deathwind430, welcome to my first ever guide on mobafire. As a Heimerdinger main ever since I started playing (though not for a very long time as I only started on Bard's first release), I think that I have at least some authority to say that this guy is viable to an extent. There are more than just a few uses for Heimerdinger. He could be a burst mage with the capacity to out-burst even Veigar. He could be a disruptor, with aoe damage, cc, and perma-slows. Or this build, a hard pusher.
Pros / Cons
Constant pressure, perma-slow, hard to gank, very slippery, insane sustain, survivable, tanky, objective control.
High cooldowns, can rely on skillshots, not a teamfighter, weak late damage, no engage.
Playing Against AD
Against AD opponents, try to zone them. It is very rare to find a AD enemy that outrange you, so use your turrets to your advantage. It may be beneficial to get a Raptor Cloak before preceding to Banner of Command.
Playing Against AP
This is where you shine. Although levels 1-4 may be difficult since most AP mids can outrange you, but when you do get your Q to level 3, you will now be able to store up to two turrets, which allows you to replace them. Post level 5, try your best to keep an advantage without them backing. Once you finish Banner of Command, you will be able to dominate the lane.
If you are being ganked try to ult Q and kite. You have the advantage against squishy junglers, but against tanks like Volibear around 12 minutes in they can survive your attack and get to you, resulting in a swift death.
Farming is simple as Heimerdinger. Simply try to keep your turrets alive and autoattack for the last-hits. Most of the time spent will most likely be used to harass your enemy.
Tips and Tricks
- Try to place your Banner of Command minion in the non-AD lane, as AP champions are unable to efficiently clear Banner of Command minions.
- Heimerdinger has the highest health regeneration in the game. Dr. Mundo or Garen's regeneration scales as passives and not as base health regeneration, allowing Heimerdinger to have immense health regen with a few items.
- Sweep a bush and stack all of your turrets in it, then place your Zz'Rot Portal around it to bait people in for an ambush.
- Your turrets generate laser charge every autoattack, so in 1v1 make sure to kite for as long as possible.
- If your team is getting an objective, push on the opposite side of the map. (ie. top for Dragon and bot for Baron)
That is unfortunately it guys. Hope you have enjoyed the guide and have fun tilting people. There will be more guides to come I promise but I will not be posting very frequently. This guide is a very specific build for Heimerdinger but I have seen a lot of success with it. DW430, singing out.