Amumu Build Guide by Kiuden
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Amumu is a fun champion to play as helpful to your team. You will gank, tank and with a lot of CC that will help your team.
Credits to jhoijhoi for the template, which you can find here.
(GUIDE IN CONSTRUCTION!)
Pros / Cons
+ Real versatile tank
+ Has got CCs
+ Can farm with ease
+ His Curse of the Sad Mummy stuns everyone in a area
- Despair doesn't do much damage until mid-lategame
- Need a team with a good teamplay
- If you miss Bandage Toss you will have problems to initiate
- Low damage at early game
- Greater Quintessence of Health: Well, a bit of HP at early game gives you a little advantage and helps you to tank early.
- Greater Mark of Magic Penetration: It helps you to damage a bit more in the whole match (obviously it is more helpful at early game).
- Greater Glyph of Scaling Magic Resist: Since the Armor is higher than M.resist, those glyphs help to get more M.resist.
- Greater Seal of Armor: The armor it gives will help mostly on early game.
Another good choice is the Greater Quintessence of Movement Speed. The increase of movement speed will help you to stand by the side of the foes and deal more damage with Despair
(GUIDE IN CONSTRUCTION!)
|Flash: A really versatile summoner spell that will give you a good way of positioning, initiating and it is a good scape mechanism.||space||Teleport: I recommend getting teleport if your team has at least 1 exhaust and 1 ignite, because it will help you to go back lane if got harassed and it will help you to go to another lane just for defending or ganking.||space||Ignite: If you see your team doesn't have an Ignite, then you should pick it and throw it to low HPed champions. I really like throwing it to a Tryndamere that is under Undying Rage or a Warwick that is spamming his Hungering Strike||space||Exhaust: Well, this spell is really good. I use it against Carrys or Anti-carrys. I've saved my own life and others life exhausting the champion who was about to final hit myself or my friend.|
- : Well, it gives a bit of armor that will help you to lane and resist the autoattacks of minions and will help to get less damage of enemies.
- Philosopher's stone: Its passive will help you to get more money (because if you're going with the carry you should let him last-hits and champion kills) and grants a good regeneration. (Later on it will be sold)
- : I grab this due to its passive and the health, that will help you to stay lanning and start tanking.
- : I get those boots if the enemy team has lots of CC and high AP champions.
- : It gives a nice Aura that will be nice for your ADCarrys and gives armor that will help the whole team in a teamfight, so it's a good item to Midgame, at lategame it loses some utility.
- : It gives a good ammount of HP and Armor. It's so good against ADCarrys. The passive of this item synergices so well with Despair, giving you a little boost of damage when you reach an enemy.
- : It gives some mana, some HP and a good Magic Resist, this is a good way to counter the APCarrys, but this items shines because of its passive: Blocking a spell! Really helpful against Karthus and much more.
- : It gives lots of armor, some Hp and regeneration and has a good passive, Slows enemies who attack you and a very good active that will be so much in a teamfight. Use it wisely, try to use it when it would affect the whole enemy team. Use it when you have used your Curse of the Sad Mummy.
- : Well, this items is good: More Movement speed, that means: staying by enemies side more time --> More Sunfire Cape, Despair damage and the opportunity to Bandage Toss easy and spamming Tantrum.
Needed Gold: 16235
1.- If you don't like Doran's Shield I would recommend you to get a Health Potion or Mana Potion and a Regrowth Pendant
If you see you won't do anything without Doran's Shield, just pick it, but if you see that you're good enough to stay with a Regrowth Pendant, do it, you'll get Philosopher's stone faster and that results in: More money income!
As game advances...
2.- If enemy teams doesn't have much CC and hasn't got lots of AP, then you should change Mercury's Treads to other thing:
- If the enemy has got too much Carry AD such as Ashe, Twitch --> Then you should grab Ninja Tabi, since it gives Armor and dodge
- If you see that you need to roam --> In this case you should get Boots of Mobility, it will be really helpfull
- If you see you need to stay a bit more of time near your enemies --> Boots of Swiftness is your choice!. It will help you to do more damage with Despair and Sunfire Cape
3.- If you don't pick Mercury's Treads then you should get Eleisa's Miracle in order to get some tenacity. (In Late Game you won't get an item like Randuin's Omen or Force of Nature because you will need Eleisa's Miracle in the whole match. If you see you aren't getting CCed enough, then you can pick a Randuin's Omen or Force of Nature)
4.- If the other team have, for example, a Vladimir and Ashe, you can change Banshee's Veil for Quicksilver Sash so you'll have a chance to dispell their ultimates ( Hemoplague and Enchanted Crystal Arrow)
It gives some MR, it's less expensive than Banshee's Veil but I actually prefer Banshee's Veil because has lower CD than Quicksilver Sash
03/08/2011 - Guide started. Little introduction + Champion (with items, skill sequence, runes, masteries & summoner spells). Added Pros/Cons description. Added Runes description (I know, it's really bad that description, I'll improve it.). Added Items (need to be continued) and Situational items (need to be continued too).
04/08/2011 - Fixed Starting items (You can't start with Doran's shield and a Health Potion, what was I thinking of?? ...). Fixed some BBCodes. Finished Items (I'll improve the descriptions) Added a bit more of Situational Items. Added Hall of Fame
I am going to stay on holidays for some days, that's why I won't update my guide. Sorry and I'll be glad if you Vote! =D Thanks for reading!
12/08/2011 - Just came back from Holidays and realised that Summoner Spells were on Masteries section, Fixed. Added Some situational items.
Hall of Fame
Upload a screenshot of your scores using this build and I'll upload them here with your names =D
Thanks for participating.