Karthus Build Guide by Gramps Tewks
This build has been archived and is for historical display only.
PLEASE NOTE: This build has been archived by the author. They are no longer supporting nor updating this build and it may have become outdated. As such, voting and commenting have been disabled and it no longer appears in regular search results.
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Hello and welcome to Do You... Feel.. a Chill?; a Karthus build guide of a different color!
I'm Gramps Tewks, and I'll be your curator as we explore the possibilities of playing with the Wall of Pain-placing, Lay Waste-hurling, Defile-spinning, Requiem-firing Undead King of the Swamps!
"The only people who complain about Karthus are the people who don't play him."
An excellent parody video for your verymuch wish-fulfillment:
Please comment and rate in the comments section below; share your experiences playing with or against Karthus and/or put in your criticism about the guide itself.
Kudos to the incomparable JhoiJhoi for the template, which you can find here.
Pros / Cons
+ Lay Waste + Defile = $$$
+ Fantastic duelist!
+ Unreal farm.
+ THE Ultimate!!! Requiem
- Mana and Map-awareness required!
- Karthus is a slow Shaman indeed.
(Get Swiftness !)
- Not careful? You'll feed :3
The Offensive Mastery Tree MASSIVELY boosts Karthus' damage!
Swiftness and Good Hands are craaazy good.
- Greater Mark of Magic Penetration: Powerful synergy with Sorcerer's Shoes!
- Greater Seal of Armor: Wheaties...
- Greater Glyph of Magic Resist: The Breakfast of Champions.
- Greater Quintessence of Health: My personal favorite. Do what you want :D
Flash: Completely essential! Escapes, wall jumps, and surprise Wall of Pain or Defile kills are made possible by our good friend, Flash ;)
Heal: Between Defile, Lay Waste, and Requiem, it's hard for a good Karthus to NOT finish people off!
Heal helps him survive the encounter.
- Death Defied: Defy death and demoralize your opponents! So so so good.
- Lay Waste (Q): This is the reason why you can farm like a demon.
This is the reason why you can control a lane.
This is the reason why you can fully charge a Tear of the Goddess!
- Wall of Pain (W): Great for trapping people in your Defile and Lay Waste barrage! Wall of Pain also serves as an excellent escape alternate to Flash.
- Defile (E): Mini- Crowstorm on a stick! Careful usage is required, due to the Mana-drain. Defile is disgustingly powerful with high Ability Power!
- Requiem (R): FUN. Requiem is my favorite skill in the game :D
Always watch the map for kills and coordinate with your teammates!
- Lay Waste CONSTANTLY.
You need this baby fully-charged for Archangel's Staff!
: Oh-so-good! Spam
- Tear of the Goddess on your first trip back!
: An excellent buy with
: SPELL VAMP is sooooo powerful on
- Greater Mark of Magic Penetration.
: Standard caster fare: boosts your damage alongside
- Defile is now a spinning buzz-saw of Double and Triple-kills.
- Death Defied wasn't enough ;)
This is the core that I generally get. Afterwards, diversify based upon your opponents!
: As if
- Tear of the Goddess investment for an inexpensive boost!
: Collect on your
- Void Staff punishes them.
: Opponents worth their salt will stack Magic Resist!
: Beef, Crowd Control, and Damage :D
- : Nerfed, but still functional.
Karthus was pretty much custom-made for solo mid. He takes practice, but is fantastic when played well.
Your early goal is to FARM all day and night. Auto-attack and Lay Waste the **** outta minions for $$$!
Remember that Defile restores Mana per creep score ^^
Charge Tear of the Goddess as soon as (in)humanly possible.
If you can, coordinate a jungle gank with a Flash-> Wall of Pain + full spell combo!
This is rumored to induce death ;)
Karthus' Mid-Game begins when he's farmed out Rabadon's Deathcap!
Push turrets, farm, and help your teammates.
DESTROY the Nexus with your teammates!
Let the tougher ones initiate, then unleash unliving anguish upon the enemy!
He's DPS with Lay Waste. He's got Anivia's Crystallize and Fiddlesticks' Crowstorm, with finer control and utility on each, and Requiem is the most powerful Ultimate in the game!
Karthus be de bomb-diggity Diable Tonnere, with outrageous skills that can't be matched and Paket Kongo from a higher astral plane~
Just press R to get your kills!