Kayle Build Guide by XxStarkxX
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Now I have been viewing all the guides on mobafire for a while now, but this is the first time I actually made one so feel free to critique me and I can make edits accordingly.
So I saw only a couple guides to this new revamp of Kayle, so I decided to make my own. Kayle is by far one of my favorite heros with her versatility of her abilities. This new edit made her even better in my opinion. A little squishy in the beginning, but at the end can be a real beast.
Yes I also know that the build seems a little weird at first, so do the masteries, but I assure you they do work wonderfully. Once I'm able to (and I find out how) I'll show you some of my statistic(k/d ratio and such). I can do tell you this, I have never had a k/d ratio smaller than 1:1 with this build.
Hope you all enjoy my first guide!
Pros / Cons
-One of the most useful ults in the game(in my opinion)
-Great early game
-Squishy early game
-You will be focused on in team fights
-Don't expect to carry the entire team, but you will be pretty tough
Now I don't have much experience with runes, but for an AD hero its pretty straightforward. Since Kayle excels at magic and armor penetration with both her passive and reckoning, adding more runes to help further increase the armor and magic penetration would be the best choice right?
Greater mark of desolation-(x9)-Greater Mark of Desolation- If your going to go AD, this is one of the better marks you can get. Staking 9 of these will make you pretty formidable early in the game.
- (x9) Greater Glyph of Focus- A slight added cooldown reduction will help in the later parts of the game especially with intervention.
Greater seal of replenishment- (x9)- Greater Seal of Replenishment- The increased mana regen will also help early game. However, by mid to late game, you should not have a problem with mana.
- (x3)- Greater Quintessence of Insight- Magic penetration works fantastic with righteous fury. Once you have malady too, you will be inflicting some serious damage.
Ok so I know this mastery set is different than most Kayle builds that you see. I prefer to use a 22/0/8 than the more utility based build. The utility build offers more help in the area of mana regen and spells, but since I use more offense build, havoc and the cooldown reduction really helps.
- Great starting item for survivability, plus it gives minor mana regen as well as ability power.
- This adds a nice attack speed bonus that is much needed with her Righteous Fury ability to start flinging that damage.
- This is another great early item to get that stacks nicely with her magic damage and it gives attack speed as well.
After this point is normally where you can change up items depending on the heros the other teams have.
- I love this item, especially against tanks, however you can also get Wit's End if your having trouble with AP heros. Use your best judgement.
- Great item to add damage and lifesteal. You can also get stark's Fervor instead if you want the increased attack speed, but by now you shouldn't need it. There is also the option of getting the hexxtech gunblade since it works just as well and it gives you the ap bonus.
- At this point I just add more damage on. The armor deduction is nice, but any attack damage item works here.
- This is a great ability. With the new patch the damage has been lowered, but the slow is all that matters. Use this ability combined with Righteous Fury and you can make quick work of most of those squishier heros.
- Great healing ability, but a bit costly for mana. I only up this earlier when I'm dealing with annoying spamming heros like Kennan, etc. Great ability for support, but since this is AD I up it last.
- Great ability, and the splash will really help late game if the enemy team likes to bunch up(if they are dumb).
- This ability I normally use more on the tank of the team than myself. Its great to keep them alive while you pummel the team, plus the range on this ability is incredible.
- I normally choose this ability with most heros. Great defensive ability and great spell to chase those quicker heros so you can hit them with Reckoning.
- Another great ability, also can be used for either defensive or offensive.
These are the summoner spells that I am use to, but they can be exchanged for spells like ignite or exhaust.
Ok, so my guide might be a bit weak in the description department, but it is pretty straighforward for an attack damage hero.
All I recommand for a complete domination early game is to harrass majorly with Reckoning and Righteous Fury. Normally you can gain at least 1 kill or an assist within the first five minutes if played right.
Leave me critiques and I'll update periodically. Thanks! :-)