Brand Build Guide by Gramps Tewks
This build has been archived and is for historical display only.
PLEASE NOTE: This build has been archived by the author. They are no longer supporting nor updating this build and it may have become outdated. As such, voting and commenting have been disabled and it no longer appears in regular search results.
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Hello and welcome to El Bombero Brande~!; a Brand build guide of a different color!
I'm Gramps Tewks, and I'll be your curator as we explore the possibilities of playing with this blazingly uncontainable champion.
Above we see the world-renowned Raisin Bran(d) Vandal skin.
Here's Phreak's Champion Spotlight, in which he highlights Brand's abilities, playstyle, role in 1v1 and team fights, and showcases his massive damage combos:
Please comment and rate in the comments section below; share your experiences playing with or against Brand and/or put in your criticism about the guide itself.
As always, endless kudos upon kudos to the incomparable JhoiJhoi for the template, which you can find here.
Pros / Cons
+ Dominant mid-lane champ!
+ Fantastic damage
+ Variable damage/ stun combos
+ Huge range on Pillar of Flame
- Low utility
- Skill shot mastery required
- Weak to DPS champs with gap-closing moves
- Pyroclasm can uber-fail
For Brand, most people take a typical caster 9/0/21 mastery spread. I prefer putting points in the extremely powerful Defensive Tree, which may actually have more utility than the Utility Tree in the "staying alive" sense of the word. ;)
- Greater Mark of Magic Penetration: Armor Penetration is extraordinarily powerful in the early-game; even a slight advantage there can easily shape the entire match.
- Greater Seal of Armor: Synergy with
for 18.7 Armor base!
- Greater Glyph of Magic Resist: Synergy with
for 19.4 MR base!
- Greater Quintessence of Health: When you consistently survive ganks with under 100 Health left, you'll wonder what you did before these.
Ignite: Because we're not putting 21 points into the Utility Tree, Burning Embers is available, and BOY is it a powerhouse early! Ignite = kills.
Flash: THE summoner spell. There's a really good reason that pro tournament matches always feature 10 Flash. Try it, master it, love it. It'll save your life.
- Blaze: Your spells ignite your targets, which provides great incentive for harass! Just don't get too crazy until your mana's stable. This also enables Brand's spell combo.
- Sear (Q): This is ULTRA important to learn! The stun allows you to hit a +25% Pillar of Flame easily.
- Pillar of Flame (W): Brand's most fun skill! Watch 'em run! Great for harassing.
- Conflagration (E): Hit a minion wave with Pillar of Flame followed by Conflagration for beautiful farm! You'll have way more gold if you master this combo.
- Pyroclasm (R): This is very difficult to land, but if you hit a tightly bunched group of enemy champs with it, they'll wither! Can jump to minions for massive fail as well.
Los Combos de Brande
Brand's skills activate Blaze, which procs additional effects upon hit.
This basically means that every shot besides the first will apply its additional effect:
Sear stuns a foe
Pillar of Flame deals 25% extra damage
Conflagration hits nearby enemy units
Pyroclasm bounces faster
Generally, you'll want to set your target ablaze with Conflagration, stun with Sear, and wreck 'em with Pillar of Flame.
If enemies are among minions are in a large group, it may prove more effective to cast Pillar of Flame on the group and follow with Conflagration and Pyroclasm, saving sear for chasing.
Experiment to find what suits you best!
: Brand needs the ability to stay in lane to farm, and Regrowth Pendant absolutely delivers!
- philosopher's stone: Philosopher's Stone boosts the three resources with which you make in-game transactions.
You will have better items, lanestay, and experience than others, which WINS GAMES.
: Bang for buck!
: An excellent Power boost early!
: Standard caster fare that boosts your damage and synergizes with Greater Mark of Magic Penetration.
- catalyst the protector: The amount of damage that Brand can dish out is even scarier when enemies can't take him down. As soon as possible, upgrade Catalyst the Protector to:
: This bad boy is so underrated and just a kick in the pants! The durability, power, and periodic healing provided by Rod of Ages are indispensable; a humble champion of an item.
: Reduced cooldowns are the bee's knees!
: Spell Vamp is crazy with Brand's damage output!
: At this point, Rabadon's Deathcap will boost your damage through the roof! With the Gold from philosopher's stone, you can reasonably get here.
: Upgrade for Fiendish Codex!
- : Upgrade for Hextech Revolver!
Brand was pretty much custom-made for solo mid domination. He takes practice, but is fantastic when played well.
Your early goal is to FARM all day and night. Get money ($)! You need Rod of Ages online as soon as humanly possible. if you can, catch your opponent off-guard with the Conflagration-> Sear-> Pillar of Flame combo; when executed, this will do MASSIVE DAMAGE. But FARM.
If you K.O. your opponent and have more than half health, go find a lane to gank and rack up some easy flame-induced kills! Push your turret, farm, and help your teammates.
Push the the Nexus with your teammates! Let the tougher ones initiate, then unleash brimstone and anguish upon the enemy!
If you're looking for a rock-solid solo-mid champ, a Burning Man, or just a helluva good time, give Brand a shot and see what a blast it is to burn the toast and singe the quiche!
You are the fire that cleanses the world!