Ezreal Build Guide by Tompert
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
About the author
Hello. My name is Tompert and I am a League of Legends player since season three. My real profession is research which is why I enjoy researching underrated and hidden OP builds. Today I will share with you a very strong build on a very strong yet underrated champion. I play on EUW and am steadily climbing the ranked ladder.
Ezreal is a very safe champion based on skill shots. Since he has such long range and high mobility, he can do fine in very many matchups, both as ADC and in the mid lane. His passive can also make him deceptively strong at dishing out high amounts of damage.
Each ability Ezreal possesses is a skill shot. As you will see in a comment, which ability to max first is up to you. W costs a lot of mana, but goes through minions and will deal very real damage if you stack AP. Q has low cooldown and is better if you're building AD. Never max E first.
You can see the build for yourself above. I will explain why it's so strong. It's called Blade Build or Bladez for short because every item except for Boots is a blade.
- Hextech Gunblade is probably the best item Ezreal can get. It gives him much needed sustain, self-peel and damage on all his skills. If you land Q poke it'll reduce the cooldown of the active, which is great synergy.
- At this point you might say "Iceborn Gauntlet isn't a blade!!!", and you might be right! However it fits in the build because its passive is called Spellblade. Another great item on Ezreal, gives him tankiness, CDR (which is his best stat), more self-peel, and the AP helps both his spells and Gunblade's ratio.
- Guinsoo's Rageblade is probably the most under-rated item in the game. It has both AD and AP (again, great on Ezreal), and its passive is super good to surprise unsuspecting enemies. It goes well with the tankiness from Gauntlet.
- Blade of the Ruined King is the most standard item on here. The active gives Ezreal yet another chase/kite tool, and more sustain which meshes well with Rageblade and Gunblade. At this point, if you pop BoRK active and Gunblade active as soon as you hit 50% HP, you'll do a surprise burst as well as a sustain burst that will catch your enemy completely off guard.
- Youmuu's Ghostblade again adds to the shock burst you activate at 50% HP, and it also adds armor pen which makes your build scale a lot better into the late game. If you're patient you can build an early Avarice Blade to accelerate your build quite a lot.
- With his passive and above items, Ezreal will actually have plenty of Attack Speed, and Boots of Lucidity will max out his CDR. I pick Furor enchant to add even more chase/kite. Max CDR is much more important than the extra AS Berserker's Greaves would give you.
How to play
As you've guessed already, your main job is to lay down poke. If someone finally gets to you, they're in for a shocking burst of damage as Guinsoo's passive kicks in and you activate your three item actives. Bladez is extremely strong in duels.
Try to pick Bladez into comps that benefit from his long range poke. He makes engaging on the enemies much easier as they will be standing targets when they're slowed.