Shaco Build Guide by Nerf Shaco plz
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Basic Jungle shaco
Full Build example
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
About the guide
I started this guide today, its going to be a ver complete guide, so I will complete it during the week, you can read some things now, but is still very incomplete, I will try to finish it for next week
My summoner name is "Nerf Shaco Plz"
Im a main shaco, I have been playing shaco since I started playing, I was a platinum elo player, due to inactivity I got demoted to gold, so im actually in gold elo.
You can have a reference about me with my LoLskill stats
Well, shaco its a very particular champ, it can be totally useless or stomp the game, its a double edge weapon, if you want to be always that shaco that make everyone rage and easily carry the game, well then all you need is some practice, and this guide will give you some tips to improve faster as a shaco player
The runes used in Shaco are pretty standard AD runes with Atk speed.
You can always use the MR glyph instead of Atk Speed if you feel comfortable. Personally i like the Atk Speed, because they are more aggressive and that's how shaco needs to be
Some games I like to use this rune page on shaco, it gives you some sustain, so you dont need to purchase the double Doran, if you feel more comfortable with this one, play this one, is pretty viable and still a very good choice. I use this rune page when I know I'll need some extra sustain
Runes for Top lane Shaco
These are the runes that I like to play when I go top shaco, with the 3 lifesteal quints, you can be a total bruiser
In terms of masteries, there is not so much to say, you can go two ways with jungle shaco
Both of them are really good masteries, the 21/0/9 option will leave low sometimes when clearing the jungle during the early game.
If you are playing top shaco never go utility, just use a standard 21/9/0 page
You will... 98% time use Smite and Ignite, NEVER play with Flash, you got your Q as a low CD flash
Some games you can use Smite and Exhaust, if your lanes totally lack of CC, but ignite is still a better choice
(You can use exhaust if you feel comfortable with)
If you want to have fun and bait some people, you can also use Smite and Barrier (I think is the worse choice, but funny to bait someone)
Top lane Shaco
Ignite Barrier is the best choice for playing Shaco Top, but you can also use Exhaust.
Where to go?
When and how to split push and when and how play teamfights
Top Lane Shaco Play
Some Shaco tips that will help you
- Always juke, you got the best juke skill, be creative, when being chased, when split pushing and see them coming, ganking, in teamfights, you can ALWAYS juke with shaco, I cant give any specific tip to juke, just be creative and you will be a better shaco player when you learn to juke
- Leave JITBs in every bush or lane, they can give you gold from assist, a little bit of CC, vision, even kills when someone try to run, remember to use the JITBs in order to be a better shaco player they are not only for ganking, during some 2v2 or 3v3 teamfights the JITBs are very OP if you used them correctly
- Save your E, remember, when you use the E active you lost the passive slow, so save your E to use it when the enemy flashes away, or uses some skill to run away
- Learn shaco kill potential, this is very important, you need to know that sometimes you can just 2v1, sometimes you should run away, some times you are gona loss a 1v1, so, with practice you will learn the shaco kill potential and get better results
- Deceive's CD start lowering after the invisibility go off, so, a tip to start running the CD if you are running away, Q and then press the Recall button, that will stop the invis and the CD will start lowering
- The most important tip when playing Shaco, BE SMART, shaco can be useless if not played smart, shaco is not a "ok go and auto attack" of course you can do that, but in order to get better results and improve always play smart, be one step ahead in the mind of the enemy team, never be obvious, your skill set is designed to be played smart, the Q, the JITBs and the ultimate are very OP skills in the right hands