Hecarim Build Guide by NocturnalEmo
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Hello, and welcome to this Hecarim build guide. Hecarim is mainly used in the jungle, but his laning potential is just screaming for people to notice. Since I main top and occasionally go jungle or support, I like to use champions outside of their recommended positions. Hecarim is a very good top, and a somewhat decent support(but then again, every one can make for a good support). In this guide, you will learn how to build this beast for top and the runes/masteries needed.
I wouldn't recommend using Hecarim top until you've practiced enough. I know it sounds stupid, but the last thing I want is for people yelling at me because they were demoted or lost their promotional series. Use at your own risk in Ranked, and don't say I didn't warn you.
When you're farming, make sure to give your enemy constant pressure. Your Q has a very low mana cost, and you should use it's cooldown reduction passive to your advantage. Keep using your Q until all minions are cleared, and if you are laning with an enemy in lane, use your E to push them back a bit and possibly grab a kill.
I recommend using flash and ignite. Teleport is useful in most cases, but with the amount of speed you will have accumulated will render it useless. Exhaust is also a good choice, being that Hecarim doens't have any hard CC on his Q, W, or E. Barrier is also good with your W.
Pros / Cons
- This build gives you very nice damage.
- The movement speed on your items will add up as attack damage, so Homeguard is a steroid.
- You can initiate and chase enemies and quickly erase them.
- You will have decent attack speed with the Statikk Shiv, which also has decent burst.
- Being that you aren't building heavily on defense, you will take great damage if you accidentally run in on the enemy team.
- You will gain attack damage from your Homeguard enchantment, but people can outrun you as it wears off and easily pick you off.
- Crowd control will be your main enemy. Even with Mikael's Crucible's active, you will be shut down if you aren't careful.
IMPORTANT NOTE TO KEEP IN MIND: This build shouldn't be used in competitive play. Use it at your own risk. Side effects include explosive diarrhea, implosive diarrhea, migraines, raging children, thoughts or actions of uninstalling League of Legends, and in rare cases, tilt.
This build is very good for playing Hecarim top. Not much else. You might be able to go mid, but I would focus on going top. This is mainly an assassin build. Don't expect amazing results, this is a work in progress, and I'm waiting to see what people have to say about what should be changed/improved.