Mordekaiser Build Guide by windmills
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Dominating Top Lane
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Threats to Mordekaiser with this build
|Heimerdinger||If you're first pick, always ban him. If you're not first pick make sure whoever is bans him. If they don't ban him pick him and call jungle. If no one dodges, dodge at last second.|
|Teemo||Same as above but pick the donger, not him. Never pick teemo.|
This is windmills here. "Windmills" isn't my actual summoner name in league so don't bother sending me friend requests. I'm currently in silver 5 after getting placed in bronze 5, and I climbed out in a week with Mordekaiser.
This guide will teach you some strategies with Mordekaiser. Not even lcs players are aware that these exist or he would be 100% pick/ban. Hopefully with enough practice you will be able to reach close to my skill level with Mordekaiser.
I've included proof of my mastery of Mordekaiser in the picture below of my match history. I crossed out the matches below because honestly they weren't that important and my team all surrendered even though I had like 30 kills in 20 minutes. Also I strayed from the build and summoner spells in the example. Never do that, but I was just showing how even when I use a bad build and bad summoner spell like Flash, I can still dominate.
Pros / Cons
- Most overpowered in the game right now
- Looks really badass
- Can 1v5
Cons(Note, these cons don't make a difference in the game)
- Gets bursted down easily
- Abilities cost health
- Can lose duels frequently
As you can obviously see, the pros heavily outweigh the cons.
Ignite is a must because it makes them burn and helps you win duels.
Teleport is important because you have to get back to lane as fast as possible to keep killing your laner.
Flash is a terrible choice because you never need it. Your q and e pretty much have 1,000 range so you never need to flash towards them. You also never need to flash away from them because Mordekaiser never needs to run.
If you want to take advantage of Mordekaiser's super op kit, you must read the following explanations of his abilities.
Q: Mace of Spades
Super good. Looks badass when he slams people with the club, has like 1,000 range and instantly deletes people. Very macho.
W: Creeping Death
Despite the cool name, honestly it's terrible. Never use it. All it does is make a shield, but like I've said before, Mordekaiser doesn't need defense because you instantly delete people.
E: Siphon of Destruction
Best skill in the game hands down. During laning phase mash the E button and win. Don't even worry about the health cost, you do way more damage so it doesn't even matter.
R: Children of the Grave
This ult is amazing, you can make someone your slave and have them attack things. When they're under your command they taunt with you, so spam taunt to make your enemies afraid of you.
Masteries are easy, you get all the cooldown reduction you possibly can with Summoner's Insight , Sorcery and Intelligence . You get these to make sure you can spam Siphon of Destruction as much as possible. You also get Tough Skin because in the recent patch Riot Games made minions really really op and their damage is ridiculous.
The Best Tips for Dominating
Here's the best and most useful part of the guide: my personal tips. These expert strategies will help you win every game with Mordekaiser, even if you're not very good at him yet.
- Never buy wards. This is a big one, I see a lot of people buying the trinket and even sometimes sight wards and vision wards if they're really bad. Never do this because it's a waste of gold and time, and why would you want vision when you can just destroy anyone who ambushes you? If your team tries to tell you to buy wards mute them and report them immediately.
- During laning phase, don't worry about going under their tower to hit them with q, towers do like 0 damage anyway and your q does like thousands so it's worth it to run under tower and hit them.
- Always buy max health pots when you back, because then you can keep spamming E and you won't have to back at all. That's a reason not to buy wards, you need health pots 24/7.
- Don't worry about ganks. Always push the lane super far to their tower so you can get free hits with q under their tower. The enemy jungler is terrible usually so you can just get a double kill when they gank. They most likely won't gank though because they're scared of you.
So now, if you read it, you will know how to dominate as Mordekaiser. Using my amazing pointers and strategies you should be able to win every game despite your feeding team. Hopefully you can get somewhere close to being near my skill level.