Udyr Build Guide by Drachen
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Hello, this is my first guide on mobafire. I've been a long time player of LoL with about 500 games under my belt,(400 Normal, 100 Ranked), I mainly play Junglers, with my main being Udyr. I play a ton of Skarner, Maokai, Shaco, Jax, and Olaf.
My goals in this guide is to help everyone reading become a better Udyr and jungler in general.
This is not an Off Tank Udyr guide, this is a Tanky Dps Udyr guide.
I know many Udyr guides and builds will tell you to build Udyr very tanky, example - Warmog's Armor, Frozen Mallet, and Atma's Impaler to have a good amount of health (4 - 5k), and good attack damage from Atma's Impaler. However, my build allows you to be quite tanky, but also dealing a large amount of damage, by building both Frozen Mallet and Phantom Dancer.
This is what not to do... EVER! You need to commit, not saying too tower dive at level 4...
I would like to thank theleshafun this funny Video!
Pros / Cons
+ Great movement speed with Bear Stance
+ Huge damage over time(DoT) with Tiger Stance
+ One of the Best Junglers in the game, along side Lee Sin, Skarner, and Nocturne
+ I don't even know how many times Turtle Stance has saved me from a Karthus ult or Ignite.
+ No ult which allows him to level up all his ability's up faster, I don't have to touch Phoenix Stance until level 15.
+ Very Tanky, but still being able to deal "Tons of Damage"
- Hard to learn
- Blue Buff dependent until later game
- Can be kited when chasing range champions with slows such as Ashe with her Frost Shot Or Caitlyn with her 90 Caliber Net which is such a pain!
- If Blue Buff or Red Buff are stolen your early game is messed up.
- greater quintessence of Desolation: I pick these, because most jungle creeps have about 10 armor, these also help overall with dealing damage vs Carry's which usually have low armor.
- greater mark of Desolation: Same reasons as the Quints, with these, the Greater Quintessence of Desolation, and Youmuu's Ghostblade, you will almost be doing true damage vs Carry's, which you should be attacking in group fights, not Tanks!
- Greater Glyph of Scaling Magic Resist: I pick these over Greater Glyph of Magic Resist, because you do not need the magic resistance until later in the game, when Ap Carry's can burst you down.
- Greater Seal of Armor: Any jungler needs these, they reduce the damage dealt to you from jungle creeps and Ad Carry's.
I go /0/21/9, I put 21 points in the Defensiveness Tree help me to become that much more resilient, and the 9 points in the Utility Tree help me for the increased movement speed, and increased neutral buff duration.
[Flash]: This spell is very good over all, Flash into Bear Stance can provide amazing ganks, and Flashing over walls can save you countless times.
[Smite]: Any and Every jungler needs this, helps early game with killing Blue Buff, and Dragon and Baron Nasher control.
- PASSIVE PASSIVE: // explanation of ability here
- ABILITY ONE ABILITY ONE (Q): // explanation of ability here
- ABILITY TWO ABILITY TWO (W): // explanation of ability here
- ABILITY THREE ABILITY THREE (E): // explanation of ability here
- ABILITY FOUR ABILITY FOUR (R): // explanation of ability here