Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
I. Hybrid Item Build: Why the hybrid build? As Kassadin would say, "Balance above ALL else!"
This guy is the king of hybrid. Everything about him screams "Build me as a hybrid!"
Stacking one thing on this guy is viable, but it is NOT optimal! How do you defend against someone who is hitting you insanely hard with both AD and AP, then ports out over the terrain to get away. Kassadin can counter any other hero with great efficiency, but you already know that, so lets get down to business.
1. Banshee's Veil: Tired of getting stunned/feared/taunted/slowed and/or killed? This item is for YOU! Combined with Cleanse, you have two get-out-of-jail free cards, allowing you to port over the terrain to escape your imminent demise with 100 hp left!
2. Sorcerer's Shoes: Is your enemy stacking that pesky magic resist and ruining your insane magic damage output? Cry no more! These shoes are the ones for you!
3. Mejai's Soulstealer: For every kill you get without dying, you gain even MORE AP? What? You mean that the longer killstreak I get, the easier it is to kill them again?
4. Hex-Tech Gunblade: Not only do you now do insane amounts of magic damage, but now you also hit them with your attackspeed passive and netherblade much much harder! Congrats! Not to mention the null-sphere like use on this item that SLOWS them! And whats that you say? I get healed every time I attack them? With any ability and autoattack that I use!?
5. Lichbane: Feeling limited on your mana? Never fear! More mana is here! And you now move faster than before, with more AP! Sounds good. Oh, you now also deal your AP in an autoattack after every ability you use every 2 seconds.
6. Guinsoo's Rageblade: By the time you have this item, you are already killing everyone with insane speed. So now you have even more speed, granting you autoattack lifesteal heaven! Veigar and Karthus called once you got this item, they want to know why your AP is as high as theirs and you can autoattack kill too.
II. Summoner Spells
1. Cleanse: Those pesky Crowd Control abilities are a thing of the past with this bad boy! In collaboration with your Banshee's veil, this summoner spell makes you one tough cookie to Crowd Control. So laugh as your enemies desperately try to focus you down, only for you to cleanse out and riftwalk away! Your life has never been easier!
2. Teleport: Not only does this spell help you get back into your lane faster, but now you can riftwalk over terrain into some brush and teleport back to your base! With the improved teleport that you grabbed, this feat amazing feat allows you to get away from any incoming 5 man ganks because their team is desperate to kill you now.
1. Marks: All magic penetration baby! Killing/Harassing your foes was never easier at the lower levels, and once you're in the metagame, the penetration allows you to run right through those magic resist stacking tanks.
2. Glyphs: Running out of mana all the time? These glyphs put your blue bar right where you want it; Full and ready to kill!
3. Seals: For some reason, you got the strength of spirit mastery talent. And for some reason you keep getting a lot of health back with these runes. Good thing you got these, because now you can get close to your enemy in your lane and hit em with that null-sphere! (and again for good measure!)
4. Quintessences: What the hell is this kassadin doing with this much hp at level 1!? You've got your Veteran's Scars mastery talent, and now you've got your health quintessences. Others may be weak at the starting level, but now, you are the king. Enjoy.
IV. Mastery Tree:
1. Defense (20 points): What exactly is it in utility that you needed? Oh thats right, movespeed, cooldown reduction, mana regen, and some shorter summoner spell cooldowns. Except now that you specced into utility, you just became another caster. Wait, doesn't Kassadin MELEE? That's right, he DOES melee! So you're going to have to get close and up in their face to do some damage, meaning... you're going to take some damage! More health, more attackspeed and ability power, improved cleanse, health regen from your mana, and overall less damage. Your runes take care of your regen problems, so let your mastery take care of that dying problem that you've got!
2. Offense (9 points): You've got more ability power, more crit, shorter cooldowns, and to top it off, you've now got more magic penetration! Good day sir!
3. Utility (1 point): Improved Teleport. As explained before, you can now get away faster with your reduced cast time of this spell. This move can, and will, save you more times than your enemies want it to.