Katarina Build Guide by gelade
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
Champion Spotlight: Katarina, the Sinister Blade
||As a militaristic state, it would perhaps come as no surprise that the primary responsibilities of Noxian women are raising strong children and providing succor for husbands who walk the path of soldiery. There are some, however, for whom nurture is not nature, and Katarina is just such a creature. Born the daughter of the feared Noxian General Du Couteau, the girl was always more interested in her father's knives than in the dresses, jewelry, and other trifles that her sisters spent so much time fussing over. A childhood dispute soon unveiled her uncanny knack for bloodshed, and her father, ever the opportunist, happily fostered her killer instincts. After training under the tutelage of the finest assassins the mighty city-state had to offer, Katarina first cut her teeth performing assassinations in the Ionian War. There, her ruthless mastery of the knife and dagger combined with her sadistic temperament to earn her the title Sinister Blade, a moniker that would follow her for the remainder of her career. She is most famous, however, for her exploits in the campaigns against Demacia, especially those surrounding her engagements with the nation's champion, Garen ; a rivalry that began when she recovered the remains of Sion from a vanguard under his protection.
With the demand for warfare somewhat arrested by the tenuous peace settling over Valoran, Katarina sought the allure of violence in its last remaining haven: The League of Legends. Some might say it was an inevitability that Katarina's chosen path would draw her to become a champion of the League, continuing to enforce the will of Noxus and bring prestige of war to her noble family. There, she continues to perform her bloody work - esteemed and reviled, feared and adored.
"The Sinister Blade of Noxus is like a black widow - beautiful, but deadly." - Garen, the Might of Demacia, following a skirmish in the field
Pros / Cons
Welcome SUMMONERS in this part of the guide i will tell you the pros and cons of Katarina.
+Powerful multi target ulty
+ Shunpo gives her great
chase and escape moments
+Fun game play and sexy champion
-Focused A LOT!
- Death Lotus short range
1.Greater Seal of Vitality Katarina has low end game hp if you are not using some hp items
2. you need spell penetration !
3. you don't use mana so your damage depends how often you can use your abilities
4. great start game AP
1. Hextech Gunblade +20% spell vamp,40AD(ulty is doing x3 AD = +160) , USE: Deals 300 magic damage and slows the target champion by 50% for 3 seconds (700 range)
2. Void Staff great vs high MR staking enemies
3. Lich Bane 7 Movement Speed Multiplier (Normal katarina with Sorcerer's Shoes has a movement speed of 395 and with Lich Bane he has 421 ) Katarina uses her abilities a lot so when you have 600 ap why dot use it like a Boss
4. Sorcerer's Shoes Katarina she deals only magic damage!
5. Zhonya's Hourglass huge AP,makes you invulnerable and untargetable for 2 (great if you are focused a lot )
6. Rabadon's Deathcap huge AP and THEY DON'T STACK!
*Change this items if you have problems with hp and with escaping enemies :
Zhonya's Hourglass change it for Rylai's Crystal Scepter it will give you a nice hp burst and slow.
*Change Hextech Gunblade for Deathfire Grasp if your enemy team has huge hp chars.
*A another solution for this build is if you don't like Hextech Gunblade change it for Will of the Ancients.
After finishing the item build Katarina should look like this: