Katarina Build Guide by I Steasy I
This build has been archived and is for historical display only.
PLEASE NOTE: This build has been archived by the author. They are no longer supporting nor updating this build and it may have become outdated. As such, voting and commenting have been disabled and it no longer appears in regular search results.
Not Updated For Current Season
Katarina - AP Carry
!! ALLWAYS HAVE WARDS !!
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Hello Community,Steasy here
Steasy´s Katarina Guide
Hello Community,Steasy hereI would like to present you my first Guide about my favourit Mid Laner in League of Legends, Katarina The Sinister Blade
I have put alot of effort into this Guide and I would appreciate every
Why I like Katarina ?:She has been the first Champion I´ve ever played and since then,~3000 Games later,she is still my Favourite
SPECIAL THANKS: Credits to jhoijhoi for the template, which you can find here.
Pros / Cons
+ No Mana
+ Good Harassment
+ High Burst Damage
+ Dangerous Teamfights -> Death Lotus
+ Escape Ability´s -> Sinister Steel, Shunpo
+ Passive refreshes Cooldowns after Kills/Assists
- Cooldown dependent
- Melee Champion
- Death Lotus interuptable
- No natural Crowd Control
- Magic Damage/Penetration
- CD Reduction
- Easier Farming
- Armor/Magic Resist
- Early/Late Game Health
- Greater Quintessence of Ability Power: Improves early Game Damage
- Greater Mark of Magic Penetration: Counters Defense Masteries/Runes
- Greater Glyph of Ability Power: Improves early Game Damage
- Greater Seal of Magic Resist: Counters early Game Harassment
|Flash:Improves Escape/Chase Abilities||Ignite:Activateable while in Death Lotus for increased Damage||Teleport:Good for Map Control/Ganking|
- Voracity:Reduces Cooldowns by 15 seconds after a Kill/Assist.
- Bouncing Blades (Q):Throws a Dagger at target enemy which then bounces to other enemies (max 4).If consumed by Autoattack or Spell,deals extra Damage.
- Sinister Steel Sinister Steel (W): Deals an AoE Burst around Katarina.If an enemy is hit, Katarina gets Movement Speed for a short Time.
- Shunpo (E): Teleports Katarina behind the target enemy and deals Damage.You can also jump to Wards/Friends.Katarina reduces incoming Damage for a short Time after jumping
- Death Lotus (R): Katarina throws Daggers to Enemies near her (max 3) and deals insane Damage.Interuptable with Stuns,Fears etc.
Ability Sequence Order
|You should max out Sinister Steel first due to his low Cooldown and high Damage.Maxing Bouncing Blades first would give you a bit more range but it has a much higher Cooldown.You should max out Shunpo last because it is a mobility Spell and doesn´t do alot of Damage.As with nearly all Champions,max your Ultimate Death Lotus when possible.|
|Provides a good amount of Magic Penetration which will increase your Damage output early on|
|Let´s Katarina deal Physical Damage while she has to wait for Cooldowns and slows the targeted enemy when activated|
|Increases her Damage output massively,it´s the Infinity Edge for Casters|
|Slows enemies with every of Katarina´s Spells to counter one of her Weaknesses (NO CC)and will make her more durable|
|Allows her to block the enemys Burst if focused and will give Armor agains AD Carrys|
|Adds to her Late Game Penetration and will increase the Damage against Tanks/Bruisers drasticly|
!! NOT THE BUY ORDER !! JUST AN EXPLANATION FOR EACH ITEMS !!
|In Teamfights, Katarina should wait for most/all the enemy CC to be on Cooldown.Then she can unleash Power by trowing her Bouncing Blades,followed up by a Shunpo, Sinister Steel and then Death Lotus for "Tons of Damage" - Phreak :D|
| Katarina is an remarkable AP Carry.Her Teamfight Strength is incredible,and with the right Tactics,you will drown in Pentakills.
I would be happy if you could give me a +1 Rating if you found this guide helpfull and write me in the comments what I could do better/change.I will hopefully see you in my next Guides and never forget ...
!! FOR NOXUS !!