Kayle General Guide by blej
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
If team is AD based
If team is AP based
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
First off, this isn't a build for those who don't know how to play Kayle, as I'm not going into any of that kind of stuff. All I'm doing is explaining my choices and hoping for some feedback :)
I think Kayle is one of the most underrated champions in the league. She is a brilliant support for the following reasons:
Berserker's Greaves are really good on Kayle as they further increase her attack speed. Her other options are:
- Mercury's Treads for the magic res and tenacity if the enemy has a lot of AP or CC
- Ninja Tabiif the enemy has lot's of AD
- Ionian Boots of Lucidity give you some much needed cooldown reduction, allowing you to use your supportive abilities that little bit more
The Black Cleaver and Malady are both core parts of this build, as they give a nice amount of shredding to the enemies defenses. The only times I would consider not taking them was if your team had very little of either AD/AP, which should happen very rarely.
Aegis of the Legion is an essential item for any support, and any team, as it gives a brilliant defensive aura that will keep your team alive for longer. It should be upgraded to Runic Bulwark] last if the enemy has little AP.
Ruby Sightstone is also essential for a support, as it gives you the wards that you will need all game, and a little health on top.
For the final item in the build, it is a split choice between 3 items, matter on the games needs:
- Hextech Gunblade is the normal go to choice for any hybrid, as it gives AD, AP, lifesteal and spellvamp, which combined make for a Kayle that just won't die. Also the active ability is very good as it applies a strong slow and a bit of damage.
- Guinsoo's Rageblade is worse than the Gunblade pure damage wise, however if you find that you need to increase your attack speed further, allowing you to shred the enemies defenses quicker, but still want some extra damage, this is for you.
- Nashor's Tooth is an interesting choice, and normally taken if you are trying to be more supportive, as it gives cooldown reduction and mana regen, letting you use abilities more quickly. It also gives a large boost to attack speed, letting you shred the enemies defence, and good boost to AP letting you deal more damage.
- Blade of the Ruined King is useful if there are several enemies who have lots of health, also the lifesteal gives that little bit more survivability.
Greater Mark of Attack Speed
Greater Seal of Armor
Greater Glyph of Scaling Magic Resist
Greater Quintessence of Movement Speed
Attack speed marks is a very useful thing to have on any shredder, as it will reduce their defenses quicker.
Flat armour seals will allow you to take a few more hits in lane, increasing your survivability and sustainability.
Magic resist per level glyphs are for great defence against AP carries in the mid/late game when they are most effective.
Movement speed quintessences are so you can move around that little bit faster, getting the vital support to where it's needed in time.
In the offensive tree I have taken:
- Attack speed to shred their defenses quicker
- AP and Magic Pen to increase the main source of Kayle's Damage
- [spellsword] so that there's a third way to put your AP into your auto attacks
In the support tree I have taken:
- Mana regen for sustainability in lane
- A little extra movement speed
- More mana, as otherwise Kayle can eat up her mana very quickly
- Reduction in spells cooldowns, because it's always useful
- More sources of gold, as a support she would have very little gold without such masteries
Well if you have any recommendations or advice, please give some feedback below, and I hope it was helpful :)