Early to Late Transitions
Lee Sin Build
5th and 6th Item Options
AD Stacking OP
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Threats to Lee Sin with this build
|Fiddlesticks||Very fragile. Interrupt his drain with your kick. Kill him when u find him.|
|Shaco||Very Fragile. Use your e, q and pinks to keep vision on him. You can match his early game pressure and do more.|
Please dont dislike guide simply because my build is different; it's probably the only unique legit Lee Sin build on mobafire :). Btw care to check out my Fizz guide?
Guide objective: Give an opinion on which build is better (my build or the popular build), learn how to clear camps, gank, teamfight, establish dragon control, ward hop cleanly and make flashy plays.
This is my first guide on mobafire btw. My summoner name on the NA server is "Best Fizz Ja" and I'm currently in GoldV. I am a 16 year old Jamaican mid laner with aspirations of becoming a professional league of legends player. I main Fizz in the mid lane and Lee Sin in the jungle. My win ratio on Lee Sin isn't that impressive, in fact it's horrible.
After watching Professor Milk's videos I have been practicing a lot of theory crafting and decided to make this guide to show the public my unique way of playing a unique champ because i believe this build could revolutionize how Lee Sin is played. Constructive criticism is always welcome and feel free to PM me.
Now let's get started.
Introduction to Lee Sin
|Lee Sin has high damage, built in lifesteal/spellvamp, high mobility, uses energy as resource bar, has an attack speed steroid and lots of outplay potential because of his kit. With this build we will give our favorite blind monk more wave clear, damage and tankiness than the average build.||
Lee Sin is a melee champion normally played in the jungle and sometimes in the top and mid lane. He has:
- 2 gap closer with Resonating Strike and Safeguard
- 2 nukes with Sonic Wave/ Resonating Strike and Dragon's Rage
- A shield with Safeguard
- Built in lifesteal/spellvamp with Iron Will
- AoE magic damage that scales off AD Tempest
- AoE slow with Cripple
- Attack Speed steroid Flurry
- Uses Energy as a resource bar
- Reveals stealth units with Sonic Wave and Tempest
- Disengage and play making tool with Dragon's Rage
- Lots of outplay potential.
Pro's and Con's of Lee Sin
+ Built in lifesteal
+ High Damage
+ Outplay potential
|His Resonating Strike, Safeguard and The Black Cleaver help with his movement. Iron Will grants Lifesteal and Spell Vamp. High base damage. With the use of his kit you will be able to make many outplays ^.^|
+ Low margin for error
+ Hard to Master
+ Falls Off
+ Bork Counters build
|Lee cannot 1v1 a devourer jungler if they are both even in gold. Very high skill cap champ. Late game falls off;not that severe with this build, Blade of the Ruined King/ Liandry's Torment shreds his health stacking =/|
For the Early Game
After talking with my friend's list and reading my guide's comments I've decided you know what you can't just prepare for the late game you have to build for the early game to try and faceroll the enemy. I have been told that the build's late game is good but it's early game is horrible. If only there was a way to get a good early and late game. Wait there is!!!
Tracker's Knife - Warrior and Ravenous Hydra gives allot of early game pressure but leaves you very squishy. When ever you feel like "Ok I'm too squishy and I need some defenses" trade out Tracker's Knife - Warrior for Tracker's Knife - Cinderhulk for 788 gold and trade Ravenous Hydra for Titanic Hydra for free!!! If you are doing fine with the AD stacking then don't switch them out. If this isn't the solution I don't know what is. It's a 788 gold solution that gives late game security.
Late Game Stats
|4336 + 2600 (The extra 2600 are from sterak's gage and guardian angel)
0 Flat 0% (30% AoE armor reduction that benefits entire team) team)
30% for spells 25% for flash
Titanic Hydra + Black Cleaver=AoE armor shread. Jungle Item gives a slow and an AoE burn. 1300 hp shield from Sterak's Gage. 1300 hp revive from Guardian Angel. 45 damage on hit, 101 damage in a cone from each auto and 407 physical damage item active all from Titanic Hydra. Sacrifices high early game pressure for medium early game pressure and a better late game.
0 Flat 6%
2 slows from Jungle item and Randuin's Omen. Maximum early game pressure. 2nd Life. 15% life steal. 20% increased regen. AoE active that does 276 maximum.
Use my build for AoE armor shred that benefits your whole team, double the health compared to the other build, a 1300 shield, more spell spamming, 2 refillable wards and a 400 physical damage active.
Use the other build for half the health of my build, 276 maximum damage item active, more regen, 15% life steal and 2 slow item active.
Both builds have chilling smite, equal attack damage and a 2nd life.
How to Clear Camps
Jungle Route I Recommend
- Starting at Krugs (Get leash,Smite instantly)
- Pop Refillable Potion
- Then Red Buff
- Then Raptors
- Finish camps on blue side wolves>blue>gromp or
- Recall (Buy Tracker's Knife)
- Look for Gank (Gank lanes that are close to the camps that are up)
- Blue (Don't Smite)
- Wolves (Don't Smite unless you suspect an invade)
- Recall (Or clear camps that are up or look for gank)
How to Clear Camps
- W Safeguard
- 2 auto attacks
- W Iron Will
- Smite optional (Use on drag, red buff, raptor, krugs never blue)
- Q Sonic Wave and Tempest and Tiamat/ Titanic Hydra
- 2 auto attacks
- Q Resonating Strike
- Ignore whatever ability or item you don't have access to in the above
- Use W Safeguard whenever up
- Quickly use your ability after the auto attack
- After using an ability try to auto twice to benefit from Flurry
- Use your smite when Iron Will is active because it will heal you
How to Gank
The Ideal Gank
- Approach the enemy laner from behind or the side
- Place ward behind enemy laner as close as possible
- Safeguard to the ward
- Use your Dragon's Rage to kick enemy laner to your teammate
- Use your Sonic Wave if the enemy has an escape or flash up dont Resonating Strike right away use it at the last possible moment this comes with experience
- Use spells and auto attack until the enemy is dead
- The enemy is overextended
- Enemy's flash is down
- High kill potential on enemy
- Teammates have CC
- Enemy is immobile
- Enemy is raging
Never Gank When
- Enemy is so fed that he can 1v2
- Teammate is feeding
- You are behind
This video will help you if you're a visual learner
How to Assassinate a Carry
The newest and probably my most favorite chapter in this guide. Cinderhulk is normally associated with low damage tank, but I can assure you with this build you can assassinate the enemy adc or another low health carry with ease. Just as long as they aren't as mobile as Fizz or as dangerous as Vayne. Btw don't mess with Vayne or any super fed carry as a matter of fact.
Guidelines when going for a 1v1
- Know your limits (Don't go for 1v1 if it isn't favorably)
- Have vision of the rest of the enemy team
- Hit your Q Sonic Wave
- Use your Q Resonating Strike at the last possible moment
- Use your Titanic Hydra (Very Important), auto attacks, Tempest and Cripple for slow
- Use your R Dragon's Rage as an execute or use it in such a way that you can Resonating Strike to your victim or Safeguard to something close to them
How to Teamfight
The Ideal Teamfight
- Do this when the teamfight has begun or your team is very close to the enemy!!!!!!!
- Decide who you're gonna Dragon's Rage (Their most fed carry that doesnt have zhonyas)
- Place ward behind carry
- Safeguard to the ward
- Use Dragon's Rage on the target
- Followed by Sonic Wave/ Resonating Strike to that airborne carry
If you're carry is fed
- Stay on the frontline
- Wait for your teammates to engage or the enemy to engage
- Don't fly ahead of your team with Resonating Strike
- If an assassin or someone with CC jumps onto your carry use Dragon's Rage
- Try to kick the person into his team and make a pinball effect
This video will give you the rundown
Objective Control and You
Always try to get a dragon as early as possible. If you begin losing drastically and you have the first dragon buff the enemy team won't get the 5th dragon buff until probably 45 minutes in. Getting the 5th dragon is a win condition in league. This means no matter how behind you are if you have the 5th dragon buff you're chance of winning has gone up drastically.
When and How to get Dragon
- The enemy bot lane or mid laner recalled
- The enemy jungler is top side
- Enemy team has no vision
- You and you're teammates are healthy
- You're top laner has Teleport or neither top laners have Teleport
- Drop a pink ward in the dragon pit and or sweep it
- Place deep wards in enemy jungle
- Burst the drake down
- Save Q Resonating Strike and Smite for finishing blow
When and How to Steal Dragon and Baron
- Steal dragon if you can try it and survive
- You need to stop enemies' 5th dragon
- You need to get 5th dragon
- Always try to steal Baron
- Ward the pit and stay in a safe unwarded area
- Q Sonic Wave the objective when it gets low
- Q Resonating Strike when it gets VERY close to smite's damage
- Use Smite
- Ward hop or flash over the wall or fight if you're team can
Lee Sin Tips
Please upgrade you're warding trinket at level 9 in order pull off some sweet escapes and maneuvers. If you do decide to go sightstone put it in you're 2 slot because 2 is above your W Safeguard on your keyboard making it easier.
This video will give you the rundown of all of Lee Sin's tricks that I cant explain as well in a typed format. It includes: ward hoping, insec and other combos
This is the premier Lee Sin build. If you want to get cs fed and carry follow this build. I hope this guide helped you to better understand Lee Sin and to carry on him. GodSpeed.
I'd like to thank:
Pants are Dragon