Lucian Build Guide by L3GenDz
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
The Black Adc
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Lucian is a mobile ADC. He does very well with high damage and less attack speed than most of the adcs. He is a burst, hit, and run type of adc that could handle the heavy CC team.
He himself has no cc or way of locking down champions so he is best on a team that can make up for this lack of cc. Also cc supports like Leona, Taric, and Thresh are the best picks for him.
Pros / Cons
- Great Poke Range and Damage
- Good in trading in lane
- very mobile with dash and removing slows
- Passive procs on hits making him very strong
- Dash goes through the wallCons
- Hard to master. High skill Champion
- No type of CC in team fight
- Dash only remove slows not all CC
- Very hard to control the ULT
- Need a good support to assist him
- Q has to have the target to fire
Greater Quintessence of Attack Damage
Greater Quintessence of Life Steal
Greater Mark of Attack Damage
Greater Mark of Critical Chance
Greater Seal of Armor
Greater Glyph of Attack Damage
Greater Glyph of Magic Resist
Greater Quintessence of Attack Damage - Give you 2.25 Attack Damage to added to 8X Greater Mark of Attack Damage so the attack damage will be 9.8
Greater Quintessence of Life Steal -In my other guides I have stressed why I don't like life steal quins. But because of your passive this makes these runes very good on you. This on top of a Doran's Blade and support Taric will keep you in lane all day long.
Greater Mark of Attack Damage - Lucian is an adc that benefits from more ad then attack speed because of his passive. This will give you amazing early game damage with q and your passive.
Greater Mark of Critical Chance - The critical chance can change the situation of the early game that you could have 0.93% chance to critical strike to the enemy. So this little chance could make you control the lane and all through the game.
Greater Seal of Armor - Most the damage you will be taking is from the other ADC. Lucian is a great trader, this makes you even better at it. If the other adc is foolish enough to try and trade, you with high burst and early game armor will most likely come out on top.
Greater Glyph of Attack Damage - The 0.28 attack damage will be added to Greater Quintessence of Attack Damage and 8X Greater Mark of Attack Damage so its end up that your rune of attack damage will be equal to 10. Starting with Doran's Blade will automatically give Lucian 75 AD.
Greater Glyph of Magic Resist - The extra MR will give you more opportunities to trade with the enemy adc. For sure that support are mainly AP so this will give you more advantage to trade with each other.
Flash The most important summoner spell in LoL. Its everything you could jump over the wall, flash to kill, and flash to escape.
Barrier This summoner spell is very popular or in another word are every adcs will take this spell. This spell will save your life, its gives a pretty huge shield to absorb damage.
Cleanse This summoner spell is in case that another team have every heavy cc. you pretty take Cleanse it will save your life when you get aimed.
LightSlinger | Passive
After using one of his abilities, Lucian's next auto attack within 6 seconds will strike twice. The second shot deals 50-75% of Lucian's AD based on level, but fully applies on-hit effects. Minions and monsters take full damage from the second shot. The second shot can critical strike.
**Tips & Tricks**
when you use a skill try not to waste the passive. Because you will miss the tons of damage that he could do.
Piercing Light | Q
After a 0.4 second delay, Lucian fires a laser in the direction of the target enemy: dealing 80/120/160/200/240 (+60/75/90/105/120% bonus AD) physical damage to all enemies in a line. Minions take 75% damage.
Mana Cost: 60/65/75/80
**Tips & Tricks**
I max out Piercing Light first, because it's the best damage output that Lucian's could do. With the bloodthristerThe bloodthrister it makes insane damage.
In lane try to harass the opponent by us Piercing Light through the minion and don't forget about LightSlinger that could make your damage very hurt.
Ardent Blaze| W
Lucian fires a shot that explodes upon hitting an enymies in a cross pattern for 60/100/140/180/220(+90% AP)(+80% bounus AD) magic damage and marking enemies hit for 6 seconds.
If Lucian damages a marked target with his basic attacks or abilities, he gains 40/45/50/55/60 flat movement speed bonus for 2 seconds. This is does not consume the mark.
Mana Cost: 60
**Tips & Tricks**
If Ardent Blaze hits the enemies you could use your AA to gain bonus movement speed to pursuit the enemies of to get away by use the bonus movement speed for 2 seconds.
Relentless Pursuit | E
Lucian dashes a short distance and removes all slowing effects. Relentless Pursuit's colldown resets if Lucian scores a kill or assist during The Culling
Mana Cost: 60/45/30/15/0
**Tips & Tricks**
This skill is every OP right now for Lucian. Why? Because you could dashes across the trees, the terrain, and remove all the slows. (ex: Wither Nasus skill that could slow your movement speed and attack speed Relentless Pursuit could remove Wither.)
Relentless Pursuit could use as follow up the enemies or escaping from ememies.
The Culling | R (Ultimate)
Lucian starts firing 7.5 + (7.5/9/10.5 X Lucians's attack speed at the time of cast) shots in the target direction for 3 seconds, each shot damaging the first enemy it hits for 35/50/65 (+33% AD)(+40% AP). The amount of shots fired scales with his attack speed. The culling is considered a channeled ability and it can be interrupted, but Lucian can move freely (including movement abilities Relentless Pursuit) without interrupting it himself
Reactivate The Culling to cancel the ability early.
The Culling deals triple damage to minions but not monsters.
Mana Cost: 100
**Tips & Tricks**
Everyone said that "Lucian doesn't need to have attack speed because of Lightslinger that proc double attack and the burst damage of Piercing Light" Just Shut up. You see how it says Maximum shots? This means there is a cap so even if you go all attack speed, you can still only max out at 34 shots at 16. But there is not a cap on damage. This means you need to find the mix of AD you want and AS. But going AD is the safer of the two bets. Also we shouldn't be building around your ult, even more so because it's so very situational. The skill is easy to dodge if they aren't cc downed, or maybe you pick the wrong angle and even then the chances you hit every shot on that person is unlikely. So build around your hero, not just his ult.
PHYSICAL DAMAGE PER SHOT: 40 / 50 / 60 (+25% bonus AD) (+10% AP)
SHOTS FIRED: 7.5 + (7.5 / 9 / 10.5 × attack speed at the time of cast)
MAXIMUM SHOTS: 26 / 30 / 34
MAXIMUM TOTAL DAMAGE: 1040 / 1500 / 2040 (+650 / 750 / 850% bonus AD) (+260 / 300 / 340% AP)
Blade of the Ruined King
- As I said before, Lucian does very well with more AD then Attack speed, also I don't believe in rush bork even if its very good on Lucian. The huge damage from this items makes your burst and skills very scary and gives you great pushing power and presser on the lane.
- After having The Bloodthirster rush to Phantom Dancer to procs the attack speed, movement speed, and The Culling that will give extra shots in the ult time
- A lot of players love rushing this and if you do switch it with Blood. It's a great late game item because of its on hit effect and eats tanks alive. Its on hit works with your passive making it even better. Good active, life steal and some attack speed. Just a great item.
- Why? Zephyr not Last Whisper because Zephyr gives you 25 Attack Damage, 50 Attack Speed (to improve The Culling), and 10 Movement speed for mobility. Zephyr passive give you mobility too that reduced all CC by 35%
- Ideally the best survivability item for an ADC, especially if you need a lot of armour early game ( Chain Vest). Grants the owner a nice boost in armour and magic resist, in addition to the ability to revive upon death. The cooldown for this unique passive is quite high, however, and uncoordinated teams may waste the item's potential. Always ask yourself whether a QSS will help you escape the problem of dying in the first place.
Support Match Up
Here are some support match up I find very strong for Lucian. Remember because he has no cc, he is best matched up with champions that have good cc to make up for this.
- My personal favorite support for Lucian. Remember how I said Lucian is good at trading? Everything taric brings makes your trades better. His armor aura reduces the other adc damage. His heals keep you in lane and health topped off after a trade. Also brings the stun you need to pull off your burst combo.
- My second favorite. Leona has hard cc and her passive is great. Once she hits level 6, you both can just rail the other lane into the ground.
- My third favorite. All Nami skills are very compatibility to each other for example Lucian use Ardent Blaze and Nami used Tidecaller's Blessing thats mean Lucian Gain bonus Movement speed from Ardent Blaze and Tidecaller's Blessing and in mean time slowing the enemy too. so Nami is one of my favorite.
- Last this is my most favorite Support match up because Thresh have heavy CC to slam on their face when ever you want to kill. Tresh and Lucian can make a very heavy combo damage to the enemy. (Ex. Death Sentence> Piercing Light> Death Sentence again to go in then > Flay back to > The Box). This combo does tons of damage.
This is my first guide on Mobafire. Please have constructive feedback and criticisms, and don't just tell me my guide sucks.
You can tell me it sucks, but please comment your reasons on it.
Thanks for reading and I hope my guide helps you in succeeding with Lucian.