Mordekaiser Build Guide by Deathwing3
Not Updated For Current Season
The Ultimate God of Death
Glass Cannon Morde
Not Updated For Current Season
Hello, this is the key way to use Mordekaiser and his abilities to the maximum potential.
Mordekaiser really is a skill based champion and you need to be offensive and practically a Bully. Mordekaiser is rarely countered or killed because of his passive, the strongest of the Game really.
I guess you can say, "The best Defense is your Offense"
So we are gonna work around his Passive ; Iron Man
Masteries can pretty go much about ANYTHING. in terms of getting Ability power or strengthening it.
I chose only Armor runes for those AD champions that love to get in your face and deliver WAY too much damage for your passive to handle at low level.
Everything else should be Ability power or you may swap your marks for Magic PEN
The items that I chose give you a good amount of defense and HIGH-Ability power damage or effects in return.
*Abyssal scepter for your close range MR reduction to enemies and gives you MR as well to those high nuke champions like Viegar or Ryze.
1) *Zhonia's hourglass is a item that EVERY ap should have. it gives armor and 100AP!
perfect for those adc's damage to slow down and when your Cool-downs are off use it, Mordekaiser really cannot afford to get hit without his Passive charged.
2) *Will of the Ancients is finished at the end of game because at the moment you need more AP than ANYTHING. which is why you merely get hex-tech revolver for the Spell-vamp for yourself. at the end game when team fights determine the game you should have it to assist your team.
3) *Rabadons death-cap - You want this item as fast as possible. its great for you, it really helps that "Defense is by your strongest offense" meaning. High AP at the start is AMAZING for you.
4) *Rylai's crystal scepter is just for the HP and the Built-in slow. You wanna catch those ad carries , you wanna be the clean-up crew guy. with ONE hit their fate is sealed beneath your hands for another Children of the Grave
5) *Lich Bane (Last chance of success)- Just in case you are desperate, pick up LichBane and 1-shot the enemy adc with a Flash+ignite Q>E>R Combo. This at end game guarantees 1000 damage with your Q and almost secures victory in team fight.
6) *Liandras Torment Okay, I use this for burning down Tanks Health, the HORRID Mundo players, Renekton, Nasus, Darius. This MELTS enemies with large HP and also, TICKS WITH YOUR ULTIMATE. That's right :) it is re-applied and works perfectly.
Siphon of Destruction - As you can tell, your E is your main source of damage. If you miss this the fight is basically ALL over. with this you can charge ironman passive in about one hit using this.It is a wide mid-range attack that extends its portrait design (look closely at it and u can see faded blue extend it boundaries) hence the reason people say "wtf that didn't hit me!"
Mace of Spades - Really this is just to help sustain your Passive, it is a hybrid source of damage and only delivers a REAL good punch after you enslave a AD player. Note that it does More damage to a single target and is delivered as a auto-attack. ALSO! *very important* it resets your attack timer. (after u just auto attack, when you press Q , it will strike again immediately)
Creeping Death - This is a big one, this is your defensive that makes mordekaiser look like a tank because it gives you bonus armor and Magic resistance, Nearby targets take damage per secound AND!*important* you can toss it on allies champions/yourself/minions . if u wanna kill steal than toss it on your ad Melee carry or on yourself as it does generate Iron man passive .
Children of the GRAVE! - Ok this is what separates Mordekaiser from ALL the other champions, when you use this, your steal 24%(AP increases amount, usually over 30 when your maxed out on items) over 10 seconds. If your enemy target is killed within that time you get them as your slave for approximately 30 seconds. Stealing a percentage of their AP and AD. (hence why getting a pet turns you GOD-LIKE)
It is very important to have your pet target someone as this pet also generates Iron Man passive shield for you by doing dmg. ( ALL PASSIVES WORK ON YOUR PET! such as blitzcranks shield, Nocturne cleave, darius bleeds..etc) That is why you have flash, to run and jump on enemy adc to kill him with ignite, ult and E+Q combo! this is almost a 1shot for squishies and then you have a KILLER pet with amazing dmg and you can practically 5v1.
MUST HAVE SPELLS
Flash- helps you chase or escape.
Ignite - its the BEST combo with your ulti and it stops bastard adc from healing when your at his face.
THEY ARE "OK" SPELLS
Exhaust- when ur team is full on ignites. OR bonus dmg since it reduces their MR and attack.
Ghost- awesome if you dont have flash yet, the same thing tbh, i use it for 3's
DONT GET ANYTHING ELSE! ITS A WASTE!
OK farming is the best thing you can do for Mordekaiser, i usually finish games with 200-300 (one time 400) Creep scores.
Farming is your advantage cause Mordekaiser actually does the most Area-of-Effect damage of the entire game. so farming the jungle is AMAZING. once you get your spell-vamp go push your lane all the way then go farm the golems or wraiths or ANYTHING available. CS is your best friend as Ability Power champs scale with Levels+Items.
INSTANT KILL STEALER
dies on stuns and silence (like seriously, who doesnt?)
other than that there really isn't anything!