Sona Build Guide by Gramps Tewks
This build has been archived and is for historical display only.
PLEASE NOTE: This build has been archived by the author. They are no longer supporting nor updating this build and it may have become outdated. As such, voting and commenting have been disabled and it no longer appears in regular search results.
Not Updated For Current Season
Not Updated For Current Season
Hello and welcome to Only You Can Hear Me~; a Sona build guide of a different color!
I'm Gramps Tewks, and I'll be your curator as we explore the possibilities of playing with the Maven of the Strings!
Here's Phreak's Fan-Made Champion Spotlight, in which he highlights Sona's abilities, playstyle, and possible builds:
Please comment and rate in the comments section below; share your experiences playing with or against Karthus and/or put in your criticism about the guide itself.
Kudos to the incomparable JhoiJhoi for the template, which you can find here.
Pros / Cons
+ Amazing support!
+ Dominate lane with a carry
+ Crescendo wins games!
+ Everyone loves you :)
- Fairly squishy.
- Non-targeted abilities
- No ego allowed!
You are the keyboardist of the band ;)
Get Cooldown Reduction and Defense, Magic Penetration, and add great Utility here!
- Greater Mark of Magic Penetration: Magic Penetration is extraordinarily powerful in the early-game; even a slight advantage there can easily shape the entire match.
- Greater Seal of Armor: SO helpful against Vayne, Caitlyn, turrets, etc.
- Greater Glyph of Magic Resist: Defy those pesky mages!
- Greater Quintessence of Ability Power: Badass base AP!
Clairvoyance: Scout the enemy when the game begins and every minute from there on out!
You are the eyes of your team.
Flash: Excellent agility! Escape or position for Crescendo.
- Power Chord: Watch your spell count for this great harass!
Learn to apply the correct effect with Power Chord as well.
- Hymn of Valor (Q): An excellent farming and combat move!
Aura: more damage.
- Aria of Perseverance (W): Amazing team sustain!
Aura: more defense.
- Song of Celerity (E): shurelya's reverie on a stick!
Aura: more speed.
- Crescendo (R): Learn to use Crescendo in teamfights.
You will win games because of this ability.
: Oh-so-good! Spam your abilities CONSTANTLY.
You need this baby fully-charged for Archangel's Staff!
: An excellent buy with Tear of the Goddess on your first trip back!
- kage's lucky pick: Gold per 10 is the bee's knees, pure and simple.
- catalyst the protector: Health and Mana; an excellent base.
: Synergy with
: Your core item!
Rod of Ages, like Sona, is a behind-the-scenes hero.
: Collect on your Tear of the Goddess investment for an excellent kick!
And just like that, you've finished your core build!
kage's lucky pick
Most games end right around here. If they go further:
: Cooldown Reduction, Armor, and Mana!
: Double AA Staff is c-c-crazy on Sona!
- : Magic Resist, health, and a boost for Archangel's Staff!
Sona is a babysitter who near-universally goes bot lane with a carry and keeps them safe while getting them fed. Ranged DPS like Caitlyn and Vayne are especially good!
Protect your carry with Aria of Perseverance and harass with Power Chord and Hymn of Valor; if you can, Crescendo so they get a kill (or two)!
Sona' mid-game begins once she's farmed out Rod of Ages!
Push your turret, farm, and help your teammates.
With Archangel's Staff, push to the the Nexus with your teammates!
Let the tougher ones initiate, cast Crescendo, and help your team finish the enemy!
Sona isn't for the rampage-obsessed, or the glory seekers.
She's a champion of great poise and immeasurable impact, and is beloved by her teammates!
Can you hear her, Summoner?