Poppy Build Guide by Harlegar
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Hi everyone, it's my first guide, and I'm French, so please excuse my english might be sometimes bad^^.
I choose Poppy for my first one, because it's my favorite char, and you can bring to death all ennemies in a couple of seconds.
So please enjoy it, and be gentle ;)
Pros / Cons
- Most powerfull gnome in the game
- Amazing burst
- Fast as well
- Can be squishy in early game (but you are a carry)
With all furor runes, you be able to make more 45% critical damage, in addition on 150% critical damage of infinity.
Typical masteries 21/0/9 for a dps, I take "awareness" because of Ultimate of Poppy wich is interesting for her, 20% more damage, in early game, it's important !
- Startin' with this item is the begining of your powerfull critical stuff, take two health potions, and you will be able to hold the lane with your partner.
- First trip back, Avarice blade, continue your critical chance stuff, and give you money (might be boring to farm early with Poppy)
- With a little of attack speed, you become to be a serious ennemy.
- This item, after "Zeal", are the item who gives you a good base of what you need with Poppy crit', at this time you are a danger on the lane, you have critical chance, you hit and hurt fastly !
- There are THE item for a Poppy crit', from now, just charge and farm your ennemies where you want.
- Sheen, for starting Trinity, is the best choice you can do. Your first hit after your charge gonna let your opponent mid life or less.
- I hear "Why a tank item in a powerfull AD char ?"
Just because this item allow to you to gank everyone, when, where you want, you will make a lot of kills, or assistance, so you will have a lot of HP and survavibility ! You will be less squishy.
- About now, you can chase Master Yi ! You are so fast, so powerfull, what can you buy to be INVICIBLE ?
- You are invicible.
Seriously, sell Avarie blade to buy this one, with Stark, you life regen will be awesome, associate to Warmog, you are (almost) a tank :D
I recommanded :
- To finish your ennemies, (if it necessary after your blow :p)
- Important summoner spell, you need it if you want to surprise your opponent when is in lane, when you are in the grass, you flash and charge him in the wall, it's over for him^^
And flash sometimes help you to escape of a trap.
How to play her in lane
Remember, walls and turret are your best friends, if you can charge an ennemy into wich one, 80% of the work is done.
To be sure to make a lot of damage, I charge and stun, activate ultimate, then devastating blow.
Why activate ultimate after stun ? Because, sometimes, ennemies run faster than you, and so, you will never catch him, and your ulti is wasted.
To conclude, I can say Poppy is a real good carry, might be squishy in early game, so you need to be carefull.
Phantom Dancer is really the base of your stuff, and its this item who let you become a threat.
I hope you enjoy my guide, maybe a little light, but the essential is in in.
Have a nice play with this very cute char ;)