Mobafire Network

Sejuani Build Guide by Chrispykreem

Not Updated For Current Season

This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.


111K
Views
29
Comments
16
Votes
Like Build on Facebook Tweet This Build Share This Build on Reddit
League of Legends Build Guide Author Chrispykreem

Sejuani: The Frozen Frenzy (HP/Resist)

Chrispykreem Last updated on March 20, 2012
Comments (page 1 of 3)
Panteleia's Forum Avatar by Panteleia » February 16, 2012 12:27am | Report

VOTED +1

I like it.

But you can increase her damage output by abusing her amazing farming capability and getting an item that both increases your damage and your defence.(Like Trinity Force).

A full-tank is extremely viable, but for a tad-bit smaller healthpool and a lot of farming, you can make Sejuani deal great damage too :D.

Atleast, this is my philosophy on how tanks work: Soak up a lot of damage and still pose a huge threat. But Sejuani can also simply rely on the utility of her spells.Both ways work, it's just that I think you're not sacrifising a lot of defensive stats for a Trinity Force :D.


If you're interested in my Sejuani Guide, tap here
It's about getting her to deal damage in teamfights, while tanking a bit of punishment.
There is a part for every game mode, so feel free to observe, rate and comment!
(signature made by Iordania)
Chrispykreem's Forum Avatar by Chrispykreem » February 16, 2012 1:22am | Report

Panteleia wrote:

I like it.

But you can increase her damage output by abusing her amazing farming capability and getting an item that both increases your damage and your defence.(Like Trinity Force).

A full-tank is extremely viable, but for a tad-bit smaller healthpool and a lot of farming, you can make Sejuani deal great damage too :D.

Atleast, this is my philosophy on how tanks work: Soak up a lot of damage and still pose a huge threat. But Sejuani can also simply rely on the utility of her spells.Both ways work, it's just that I think you're not sacrifising a lot of defensive stats for a Trinity Force :D.


I appreciate the comment! I could definitely see certain games where you could add Trinity Force into the build. I'm going to make an edit to the alternate item situations and include that.

I'm overall not a huge fan of Trinity Force on champions that aren't building that high of AD. Trinity Force with the Warmog's Armor and an Atma's Impaler might end up doing some pretty intense damage. With Atma's you're getting armor too as well as some crit. The higher health would then give you more dmg to do 150% of with Trinity. Definitely something to look into.

With this kind of tank build, I think getting a smidge of AP, a smidge of AD, a smidge of AS, a smidge of crit, small health, small mana, small MS for 4070 could probably be spent better somewhere else. I also like having 100% slow chance with Frozen Mallet over the 25% chance to slow on Trinity Force But if you're not worrying about monster AD or AP heroes eating away your health quickly, it's certainly plausible.

Blowfeld's Forum Avatar by Blowfeld » February 16, 2012 3:20am | Report

VOTED +1

The jungle build is good, as long as you manage to get a lot of assists on ganks, as it will be harder to get to a full build with only on gp10 item.
This means that it is a good build, as long as you can trust your team.
The only thing about this build I do not prefer is the fact that you are heavily CD starved as you only got 5% CD on a champ that can use his spells every time human kind celebrates a new century.

I have abused enemy teams with Sejuani and a build like this if your team understands and appreciates what you bring to the table: Being a sponge that soaks up damage while CCing the hell out of the enemy team and making any fluid moves or tactics impossible.

But if you meet team herp derp (like I met a lot in solo queue) then you will be extremely frustrated, when you initiate a great gank, only to see them get away to their tower as your carry decides it is more important to last hit 2 minions. Or if you land the perfect ultimate into their team only to see yours wandering back in the jungle to slaughter wraiths or buy a second pair of shoes.

What I want to say: The build is great and I have always seen and played her as a control tank but sometimes it can be so damn frustrating that this champ with this build is so ******** reliant on a team with half a brain.

Hopefully some more people will read guides like yours to give Sejuani players a less hard time :)


Fox Rage wrote:
Blowfeld. Best Party Wrecker Worldwide.
FeedtheCreep's Forum Avatar by FeedtheCreep » February 16, 2012 4:03am | Report

VOTED +1

Very nice guide. I will try it ASAP but it seems legit.


Check out my Gangplank guide! here
A big thanks to jhoijhoi for the awesome sig!
Chrispykreem's Forum Avatar by Chrispykreem » February 16, 2012 6:53am | Report

Blowfeld wrote:

The jungle build is good, as long as you manage to get a lot of assists on ganks, as it will be harder to get to a full build with only on gp10 item.
This means that it is a good build, as long as you can trust your team.
The only thing about this build I do not prefer is the fact that you are heavily CD starved as you only got 5% CD on a champ that can use his spells every time human kind celebrates a new century.

I have abused enemy teams with Sejuani and a build like this if your team understands and appreciates what you bring to the table: Being a sponge that soaks up damage while CCing the hell out of the enemy team and making any fluid moves or tactics impossible.

But if you meet team herp derp (like I met a lot in solo queue) then you will be extremely frustrated, when you initiate a great gank, only to see them get away to their tower as your carry decides it is more important to last hit 2 minions. Or if you land the perfect ultimate into their team only to see yours wandering back in the jungle to slaughter wraiths or buy a second pair of shoes.

What I want to say: The build is great and I have always seen and played her as a control tank but sometimes it can be so damn frustrating that this champ with this build is so ******** reliant on a team with half a brain.

Hopefully some more people will read guides like yours to give Sejuani players a less hard time :)


You are spot on. This is easily one of the best comments I've received here. +1 rep as quickly as I could smash my mouse to give it to you. I had started believing that CDR was a necessary way to go. After enough thought I realized that specializing and being strong for your team was the way to go, and you'd have to make sacrifices.

If you have an unorganized team that has no idea how to focus the same target and herpderps around...yes you will be screwed. CDR or not, I'm pretty sure you'd be screwed. So yeah, if I focused on making Sejuani good for the sake of herself and no for the sake of a good team, CDR would be great. But this is the way I think she thrives, especially if you're facing a Sejuani who doesn't focus this way. I had this experience when I was playing with friends last night, and I was able to have control over the enemy Sejuani who wanted to build AP tank. With how mana starved she ends up being, I find it good to play her in the jungle and control the blue buff anyway. This gets rid of that mana issue and also helps with the CDR. Do you think that flat cooldown quints would work to her benefit in this build? It would be an extra 5% or so.

Thank you so very much for the comment.

MysticalZelda's Forum Avatar by MysticalZelda » February 16, 2012 7:08am | Report

VOTED +1

Nice build, I just dont know if a frozen mallet is needed, since she already has a slow and due to warmogs a lot of health. It might sound stupid, but another damage item would be better.


Orianna The Full Metal Lady - Teemo - Super Teemo - Akali - The Balance of Full AP




Thanks to TinyStar for the sig :D!

If I helped you in any way, please don't forget to +rep :)
SpitFyre's Forum Avatar by SpitFyre » February 16, 2012 9:54am | Report

in the jungle it is sometimes nicer to start with permafrost as you can get more damage output quickly if you are adept at switching targets quickly.


Mikuroo's Forum Avatar by Mikuroo » February 16, 2012 11:40am | Report

VOTED +1

+1
however, I would like to point out that this build does not have much damage, abd unless you plan to snowball to victory, your pretty useless late game

after u throw your stun, you can't really do anything more. at least buy another aura item (randuins counts I guess) or you might as well have picked Amumu

also, I do not suggest getting guardians angel because if they focus you they are probably stupid, and sejuani has quite a good escape method

also, experiment getting regrowth pendant first? I dunno

last thing, finish warmogs later, get frozen mallet first. if u feel squish y build a giants belt, but do not get warmogs first unless you really feel it is the best item

+rep if I helped PLZ!


yolo, teemo to strong in low elo
Chrispykreem's Forum Avatar by Chrispykreem » February 16, 2012 12:46pm | Report


Nice build, I just dont know if a frozen mallet is needed, since she already has a slow and due to warmogs a lot of health. It might sound stupid, but another damage item would be better.


I feel like Frozen Mallet is useful because of Frost being applied every time you attack creating a greater slow (frost has a 10% slow while Frozen has a 35%), the health that it gives, and the fact that since this isn't a high CDR build you won't always have Permafrost slowing your enemy down...the cooldown will be longer than the 3s duration.

What damage items would you like to see replace Frozen Mallet? I wouldn't mind testing it out. I'll always try any suggestions because I do want to have the most viable tank build.

Mikuroo wrote:

+1
however, I would like to point out that this build does not have much damage, abd unless you plan to snowball to victory, your pretty useless late game

after u throw your stun, you can't really do anything more. at least buy another aura item (randuins counts I guess) or you might as well have picked Amumu

also, I do not suggest getting guardians angel because if they focus you they are probably stupid, and sejuani has quite a good escape method

also, experiment getting regrowth pendant first? I dunno

last thing, finish warmogs later, get frozen mallet first. if u feel squish y build a giants belt, but do not get warmogs first unless you really feel it is the best item

+rep if I helped PLZ!


You definitely helped, you have been rep'ed. I'm likely going to change the order of Frozen Mallet and Warmog's Armor because your argument makes sense. I've tried Regrowth Pendant first and it just doesn't give the health regeneration needed quick enough in the jungle. The Health Potions are a much higher hp5 for the duration.

I think differently on being useless late game and on the ineffectiveness of Guardian Angel. If you're targeting the right people, their nukes/carries, and you are slowing them down, throwing your Glacial Prison, you are going to become a big problem for them. I am often focused as Sejuani, and the guardian makes them waste more time (depending on the situation). I was considering replacing it with Zhonya's Hourglass however as it gives a nice damage nullification activate, armor, and AP which will give Sej some more damage. I'm not sure how you feel about this possible change.

SpitFyre wrote:

in the jungle it is sometimes nicer to start with permafrost as you can get more damage output quickly if you are adept at switching targets quickly.

I understand where you're coming from, but I think when it comes to the big wraith, big wolf, and blue golem, you don't end up burning down the big target fast enough if you're hitting each one and then hitting permafrost within that 3 second frost duration. Combining that with the cooldown for permafrost and timing hitting each different target, it seems the quickest way to burn down the big enemy (most gold and xp) would be to attack that one target with northern winds. You're still getting permafrost at 3 and then focusing on leveling it up as much as you can.


Thanks for the comments everyone, they were all great!

MajorLoL's Forum Avatar by MajorLoL » February 16, 2012 1:12pm | Report

VOTED +1

FINALLY, A competent Sejuani guide. This is the one I want to see on top of all the others right now. I would recommend making it longer, however. It's pretty damn short, but regardless an awesome guide.


Thanks to Rys Aberdeen, Jhoijhoi, The_Nameless_Bard, Arcana3, and Miss Maw for the sigs!

Remember to +Rep me if I helped you out!

Quick Reply

Please log in or register to comment!