Sona Build Guide by MrXbox360
Not Updated For Current Season
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Ok thanks for viewing my Sona guide! Sona is one of the best support champs in LoL in my opinion. She can easy turn team fights around and control the battlefield with her multiple auro's.
DO NOT VOTE IF YOU DONT UNDERSTAND THE ROLE OF A SUPPORT CHAMP AS IN SUPPORTING YOUR TEAM. NOT GETTING KILLS YOUR JOB IS TO SUPPORT YOUR TEAM AND KEEP THEM ALIVE WHILE DEALING SOME EXTRA DAMAGE!! (even tho a few kills here and there are nice =D )
Most of the guides i saw around here either make Sona waaaay to squishy or way to tanky to do anything. This is in my eyes the best guide for Sona because it makes you sturdy so your not squishy. Gives you great damage/heals and allows you to support your team without running out of mana.
Now lets get into it the guide shall we?
-Has a amazing ultimate
-Can heal/increase defenses
-Can speed up teams movespeed/slow an enemy champion down
-Can damage a enemy champ/increase your teams AP ratio
-Great pusher (passive deals bonus damage to towers)
-Great mid/late game player
-Weak early game lane phase
-Has some mana problems early game
-Squishy early game
Ok so you chose Sona to support your team. The way you want to play Sona in the lane is aggresive if possible. Always pay attention to your passive because u can deal some major damage with it. Once you have 2 stacks on or have active and ready. What you want to do during laning phase is to use on your enemy champ (make sure they are in range) then hit them with a power cord auto attack followed by 1 or 2 normal auto attacks. This repeatedly will teach the enemy champs to stay off the creeps or fall to death. Don't mind taking some damage because remember u have a heal =D . During team fights your role is basically to pull off a good ultimate and get as many enemy champs under it. Then from their on out its button mashing to support your team in heals/move speed/and bonus damage here and there while keeping yourself alive. Use the correct power cord as needed during a team fight. If your team is chasing a enemy hit them with to slow them or if your team is focusing down a tank use to reduce their defenses.
Laning Phase Lvl's 1-14:
Start off the game by buying your and x2. Grab as your first skill and charge it up to 2 for your power chord. (This way you can always Q a enemy and have it up that way but if you dont get a lvl 1 fight before creeps you can still last hit without using your power chord on a minion) Try to farm and last hit as much as possible but allow your carry (if your with a carry) to get most of the last hits. Once you have enough money for and around 850 gold. The Chalice is essential to your laning phase and allows you to spam your spells soooooo much more. Go back to lane and continue harrasing/healing your team mate. Next time you head back to base you have a choice to make. You can either buy a philosopher's stone if your laning phase is going good and you think you can get good use out of the gold/10 seconds. Other wise just buy the . From then on out follow the build in order.
So later in the game you have another choice. If your not getting focused much (which is great!) then just purchase a for cool down reduction and buy so you can get Cool down reduction and more damage. If you are getting focused then just buy so you can be more tankier.
This is a overall pretty inexpensive guide and you should be able to get all or very close to all of the items here.
- This item is key to your build. Gives you Magic Resistence and a great mana regen source to allow you to spam in your laning phase.
- A nice item once you have this and Chalice you can spam as much as you need in your lane practically. Also gives you some tenacity so CC is reduced on you.
- Give you some much needed CDR 15% to help you spam your abilities.
- Gives you some needed health to make u more sturdy. Also makes your abilities have a 35% slow on your E and a 15% slow on your Q (if it hits mutiple targets) The extra 80 AP is a added bonus.
- Makes you much more sturdy with 520 hp and gives you some nice mana per sec for you and your team and this item is great for the cool down reduction it gives of 10%.
- The last item you need on Sona. Gives you 155 AP flat and gives you an extra 30% of your total AP as extra AP. This makes u all around more better more damage first off but also much better heals.
I believe these are the best runes for Sona and are cheap all around good runes for any champion you probably have lying around.
Gives you some Magic Pen for more damage.
These runes i prefer because they help alot in the laning phase against enemy champs and minions.
You can use these runes if you are having trouble with your mana regen.
These will give u a nice amount of CDR they are better than flat CDR becuase you will pass up the CDR of the flat ones by like lvl 11.
These will give you more hp for a easier early game.
Great Summoner Spells on Sona!
- Allows you to flash to heal to save someone. Flash Ult combos. Or just to flash and finish someone or to get away from a deadly gank.
- One of the best summoner spells in the game and doesn't get the credit it deserves. Pretty much all good support players get this. Helps you check Dragon/Baron/Buff's and help see a gank happen on you before it happens. Helps you counter jungle an enemy.
Sorta Good Summoner Spells on Sona!
- If you don't have the mana regen per sec runes and/or just having problems with mana early game you can pick this up to help you out.
- If no one on your team has teleport and theres alot of backdoors on the enemy team (ex Master yi/Sivir) then you can consider grabbing this.
Bad Summoner Spells on Sona!
- You don't really need this one. You already have a great heal that heals YOU for alot. So the only reason i would see getting this would be to heal a ally about to die which is unlikely since you Sona! =D
- This spell isn't the best in my eyes.... If anyone gets it leave it for your tanks to benefit from its passive.
Tips with Sona!
-When the game starts have your power chord on 2 stacks or active.
-Always use your ult when you can land as many of the enemies as you can in it. (Try to get a combo with it to for example brand's W and ult will destroy the enemy team.)
-Always try to get the blue buff after your jungler has gotten it about 1-2 times because helps you by giving you a never ending mana pool and a huuuuuge CDR % for you.
-If your getting harassed alot you probably want to consider ranking up your heals over your that way you can stay alive hahaha...
Videos/Replays of me as Sona!
I'm going to try uploading some of my replays or recording some of my live games as Sona for you guys to watch and hopefully help you guys out. I'm going to probably do this within the next week so stayed tuned and check back in to see updates on this guide!
Ok guys sorry mobafire is really dumb about uploading videos and youtube wont let me upload past 15 mins so its taking to long convert split convert again so heres a link of my replay you can download from LoLReplays! Your text to link here...
So i hope this guide helped you and remember don't vote down unless you have tried it in 2-3 games! Thanks!!! Please don't troll with bad responses. Only constructive critism will be accepted! Once again thanks for your time!