Brand Build Guide by Gramps Tewks
This build has been archived and is for historical display only.
PLEASE NOTE: This build has been archived by the author. They are no longer supporting nor updating this build and it may have become outdated. As such, voting and commenting have been disabled and it no longer appears in regular search results.
Not Updated For Current Season
Not Updated For Current Season
Hello and welcome to The Burning Vengeance and the Philosopher's Stone; a Brand build guide of a different color!
I'm Gramps Tewks, and I'll be your curator as we explore the possibilities of playing with this blazingly uncontainable champion.
Above we see the world-renowned Raisin Bran(d) Vandal skin.
Here's Phreak's Champion Spotlight, in which he highlights Brand's abilities, playstyle, role in 1v1 and team fights, and showcases his massive damage combos:
Please comment and rate in the comments section below; share your experiences playing with or against Brand and/or put in your criticism about the guide itself.
As always, endless kudos upon kudos to the incomparable JhoiJhoi for the template, which you can find here.
Pros / Cons
+ Dominant regular and/or mid-lane champ!
+ Fantastic damage.
+ Variable damage/ stun combos
+ Huge range on Pillar of Flame!
- Skill shot mastery required
- Weak to DPS champs with gap-closing moves
- Pyroclasm can uber-fail
The Offensive Mastery is where you want to be, and Swiftness is borderline OP.. X)
- Greater Mark of Magic Penetration: Magic Penetration is extraordinarily powerful in the early-game; even a slight advantage there can easily shape the entire match.
- Greater Seal of Armor: Synergy with
for 18.7 Armor base!
- Greater Glyph of Magic Resist: Synergy with
for 19.4 MR base!
- Greater Quintessence of Ability Power: Kick your early-game into high gear!
Ignite: Set your enemies on fire! True damage, healing reduction, and a fine end to your burst combo. Ignite = kills.
BOY is it a powerhouse early!
Teleport: Amazing for mid-laning and turret-defense!
With Lich Bane, you can backdoor late-game :D
- Blaze: Your spells ignite your targets, which provides great incentive for harass! Just don't get too crazy until your mana's stable. This also enables Brand's spell combo.
- Sear (Q): This is ULTRA important to learn! The stun allows you to hit a +25% Pillar of Flame easily.
- Pillar of Flame (W): Brand's most fun skill! Watch 'em run! Great for harassing.
- Conflagration (E): Hit a minion wave with Pillar of Flame followed by Conflagration for beautiful farm! You'll have way more gold if you master this combo.
- Pyroclasm (R): This is very difficult to land, but if you hit a tightly bunched group of enemy champs with it, they'll wither! Can jump to minions for massive fail as well.
Los Combos de Brande
Brand's skills activate Blaze, which procs additional effects upon hit.
This basically means that every shot besides the first will apply its additional effect:
Sear stuns a foe
Pillar of Flame deals 25% extra damage
Conflagration hits nearby enemy units
Pyroclasm bounces faster
Generally, you'll want to set your target ablaze with Conflagration, stun with Sear, and wreck 'em with Pillar of Flame.
If enemies are among minions are in a large group, it may prove more effective to cast Pillar of Flame on the group and follow with Conflagration and Pyroclasm, saving sear for chasing.
Experiment to find what suits you best!
- philosopher's stone: Philosopher's Stone boosts the three resources with which you make in-game transactions!
You will have better items, lanestay, and experience than others, which WINS GAMES.
- kage's lucky pick: Double-Gold per 10 will propel you to great heights!
: Standard caster fare that boosts your damage and synergizes with Greater Mark of Magic Penetration!
: Reduced Cooldowns and Mana Regen are the bee's knees!
: At this point, Rabadon's Deathcap will boost your damage through the roof!
: Brand's damage output is even scarier when enemies can't take him down.
: Combine kage's lucky pick and Fiendish Codex for burst!
: Brand will not be denied.
- : A hilarious end-game item, Lich Bane lets you demolish structures!
Brand was pretty much custom-made for solo mid domination. He takes practice, but is fantastic when played well.
In addition, he DOMINATES a lane when paired with a melee carry!
Your early goal is to FARM all day and night. Auto-attack the **** outta minions for $$$!
You need Rabadon's Deathcap online as soon as humanly possible.
If you can, catch your opponent off-guard with the Conflagration-> Sear-> Pillar of Flame combo!
When executed correctly, this will do MASSIVE DAMAGE.
If you K.O. your Caitlyn, Veigar, or whoever (and have over 1/2 health), go find a lane to gank and rack up some easy flame-induced kills!
Push your turret, farm, and help your teammates.
Push the the Nexus with your teammates!
Let the tougher ones initiate, then unleash brimstone and anguish upon the enemy!
If you're looking for a rock-solid solo-mid champ, a Burning Man, or just a helluva good time, give Brand a shot and see what a blast it is to burn the toast and singe the quiche!
You are the fire that cleanses the world!