Ziggs Build Guide by Iordania
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Hello people of Mobafire! I am Iordania and this will be my guide for YOU, on the new champion Ziggs. He is a very long range mage champion that just loves to blow stuff up! Ziggs has very high area of effect damage output and exceptional utility, that will be useful for team fights and make escape as easy a pie. I think that he is a very fun champion to play and I would recomend buy This will be my first guide and I hope it helps YOU to become a better Ziggs player.
Props to TheCaveman710 for this
epic video make sure to Support him!
Also, props to jhoijhoi for the template, which you can find here.
+ Extremely long range abilities
+ High damage slow
+ A harass that can bounce over minions
+ Good farmer
+ Very high damage output
+ Small, cute and very fun to play!
- Ziggs moves very slow
- Satchel Charge has a high cooldown
- Bouncing Bomb is easily dodged
- Hexplosive Minefield is easily dodged
- Ziggs is very squishy
- Focused down in team fights
I prefer to go with the 21/0/9 masteries. Because Mega Inferno Bomb has a 0.9 AP ratio so I like to get the most AP I can to make that do as much damage as possible. Since Ziggs moves slowly I take Swiftness instead of Meditation . I also take the Expanded Mind mastery because it makes Ziggs more sustainable and give him extra AP from the passive of [[archangel's staff].
- Greater Quintessence of Ability Power: It's a no brainer. Ziggs is a AP champion and helps early and mid game damage. Stacks with Rabadon's Deathcap
- Greater Mark of Magic Penetration: Because the Item build is not magic pen. heavy this helps killing players who stack magic res.
- Greater Glyph of Scaling Ability Power: Great for late and mid game damage. Gives Ziggs lots of AP and stacks with Rabadon's Deathcap
- greater seal of replenishment:Helps for early game harass and allows Ziggs to stay in lane longer. I found that just a merki pendant won't be enough mana regen to keep spamming Bouncing Bomb to farm and harass. I find a must need for early game CS and to keep constantly harassing.
Flash: Great for getting away or to set up skill shots.
Ignite: Good for killing any champs especialy one that stack Life steal because of the 50% effectiveness from healing abilities.
Teleport: Good for ganking, defending turrets and getting in range of your Mega Inferno Bomb
Surge: Is an "ok" spell for Ziggs. It gives AP and AS but Ignite is a better choice because of 50% Healing reduction
Exhaust: Slowes enemies and makes them do less damage. This can be useful and can replace Ignite. Great against AD champions. But still not good as good as Ignite because it deals no damage.
Ghost: Increases the champions movement speed by 27% for 10 seconds. This is more useful than flash in some situations, but because Satchel Charge has such a long cooldown, Flash would be a better pick for some new players.
- Short Fuse is very good for harass, last hitting, and turret destroying. Short Fuse allows Ziggs next basic attack to deal 13 + (7 × level) (+0.35 per ability power) bonus magic damage. This cooldown is reduced by 4 seconds whenever Ziggs uses an ability. Alowing him to put out contant high damage auto attacks. But I wouldn't really worry about your passive until you have built your Lich Bane because it's scaling is very poor.
- Range to First Bounce: 850
- Explosion radius: 250 (estimate)
- Cost: 60 / 70 / 80 / 90 / 100 mana
- Cooldown: 6 / 5.5 / 5 / 4.5 / 4 seconds
- Magic Damage: 75 / 120 / 165 / 210 / 255 (+0.65 per ability power)
Here is a picture of the total range of all three bounces.
- Bouncing Bomb is your bread and butter. It has a very low cooldown and deals very high damage. It can be thrown over minions to champions hiding behind them. Can be thrown through thin terrain. Use this to harass and farm with out taking any damage. A really fun and useful ability.
- Cost: 65 mana
- Range: 1000
- Explosion radius: 300 (estimate)
Maximum knockback distance:
- Enemy: 250 (estimate)
- Self: 400 (estimate)
Cooldown: 30 / 27 / 24 / 21 / 18 seconds
Magic Damage: 70 / 105 / 140 / 175 / 210 (+0.35 per ability power)
Satchel Charge When in the air can be stopped by abilities like Alistars Pulverize. You can hop over walls with it, create a HUGE gap between you and a enemy champion. It can also close a large gap between you and an enemy champion. It grants a small area of vision around it so you can scout a bush if your life depended on it. Has a high cooldown therefore must be used at the right time. Very useful but can also cause your demise if not used properly.
- Cooldown: 16 seconds
- Range: 900
- Minefield radius: 400 (estimate)
- Activation radius: 75 (estimate)
- Cost: 80 / 90 / 100 / 110 / 120 mana
- Magic Damage from First Mine: 40 / 65 / 90 / 115 / 140 (+0.3 per ability power)
- Magic Damage from Additional Mines: 20 / 32.5 / 45 / 57.5 / 70 (+0.15 per ability power)
- Total Possible Magic Damage: 240 / 390 / 540 / 690 / 840 (+1.8 per ability power)
- Slow: 20 / 25 / 30 / 35 / 40 %
Hexplosive Minefield Is a very unique ability. It is very easy to dodge at long range due to the speed it travels. Has a moderate cooldown. Deals very high burst damage. slowes for 40%. I don;t know what more can you ask from a single ability, It has moderate utility and very high damage output. One of Ziggs best abilities in my opinion. .
- Cost: 100 mana
- Range: 5300
- Primary explosion radius: 250 (estimate)
- Secondary explosion radius: 750 (estimate)
- Cooldown: 120 / 105 / 90 seconds
- Primary Magic Damage: 250 / 375 / 500 (+0.9 per ability power)/color]
- Secondary Area Magic Damage: 187.5 / 281.25 / 375 (+0.675 per ability power)
The Range of Mega Inferno Bomb from the middle of the map is from Inhibitor Turret to Inhibitor turret
- Mega Inferno Bomb is one hell of a hexplosive. It has a short cooldown for an ultimate and can be used in almost every team fight. Works much like Pantheons Grand Skyfalldeals heavy damage. Super long range. Just amazing, the name speaks for its self.
I like to max out Bouncing Bomb first. It has the ability to farm minions effectively and harass champions greatly. it also has a long range so you can get the last hit for the kill. I take Hexplosive Minefield at level two, and max it second because it can farm minons, harass, create an area of denial, and help escape a gank. I take Satchel Charge at level four and max it last because of its low damage but high utility. Since you rarely get ganked before level four it wont be of much use to you.
: Why Archangel's Staff first you might ask? Well Archangel's Staff works much like Rod of Ages where it takes time to get its full effect. Archangel's Staff works well with this build because most of the items benefit form it.
: Tear of the Goddess is much like Rod of Ages when it takes a decent amount of time to have full effect. Because Tear of the Goddess takes longer to max out than Rod of Ages I like to buy it fist. Additionally you rarely run out of mana once you have it. Hint: You do NOT lose your stacks when you buy Archangel's Staff. I find a good way to start off the game, and it gives exceptional mana sustainability which will help you farm until your bombs turn into gold!
: Sorcerer's Shoes are situational. If you find the enemy team is stacking magic resist, they are a must buy. Even if they enemy gets Mercury's Treads you should get these boots. But if there are no signs of any magic resist, you should buy Ionian Boots of Lucidity for the faster Hexplosive Minefield and an even shorter Bouncing Bomb cooldown.
: This is a MUST! No questions asked. It gives you AP, Mana, and Health. This benefits from your Archangel's Staff and Rabadon's Deathcap, it also gives you so much more survivability and sustainability in lane.
: Very good item, has a very strong passive and lots of AP. Not much else I can say but that I strongly recommend this item.
- Void: Extremely good end game. Void Staff penetrates 40% of you enemies magic resist. So lets say it has been a really long game going into its 50th minute. The enemy team notices they need to counter you because of your extreme amounts of burst aoe damage would be the best time to buy this Item. Magic resist wont really be affective until 160 so don't get worrisome if the enemies have around 100.
- : Last but not least Zhonya's Hourglass. You should get Zhonya's Hourglass if they enemy team has Tryndamere or a Master Yi, generaly any AD carry, you should buy Zhonya's Hourglass. It will save your life countles times over and score a kill on a fed AD carry. Gives you some decent armour and 100 AP!. I dont know what more you can ask for from a single item. You want to buy it later on in the game though when AD carries become more dangerous of just 2 hitting you.
Always Lead your Target
If you look at almost every player they all have their own way of moving, and they do that for almost all their games. This makes almost all players very predictable and after a couple of minutes, easy to hit.
Try not to "Over shoot" Your Target
It is really easy to overshoot your target. If you place it to close to them the bomb will bounce right over their heads, so be careful.
Use it on Champions Only
If you use Hexplosive Minefield on minions to farm you will become vulnerable because you have lost a high burst damage spell and also a slow to run away from a gank. Generally if it is on cooldown you have only one way left of getting away witch is your Satchel Charge witch sometimes just isn't enough.
Create an Area of Denial
Creating an area of denial can do many things for your team and your self. It will force the enemy player into a certain spot whether that be a bush with 4 teammates in it or right into a Noxious Trap then land a perfect Satchel Charge putting the enemy right into your mines.
Save it, Save it, Save it!
Don't use it unless:
- To save your self or a teammate.
- To secure a kill.
- To check bushes.
- To set up a kill.
Use Abilities Mid-air
Yes. You can use abilities mid air! use this to your advantage, while in air, put down a Hexplosive Minefield to get away safer to kill a chaser. This is what will separate the good Ziggs from the bad Ziggs. A good player will use this at the right time to lure in the enemy team to a full on ambush or a bad player will jump over the wall only to be slaughtered by the enemy team.
- Farm,Farm,Farm,Harass. Deny your enemy experience by constantly throwing you balls of doom at them.
- Try to get your opponent down to around 50% Health by the time you are level six. At this time place a Satchel Charge in between you and your opponent. Jump towards you target using the blast from the Satchel Charge. Place a Hexplosive Minefield where your target will be. Through a Short Fuse and a Bouncing Bomb. if they aren't already dead, use your Mega Inferno Bomb to finish the kill.
- Make sure to ward the bush closest to the red buff.
- When you come back into the lane try to gank your opponent and get some damage done.
- Don't become over committed. It is ok if you dont get the kill and make 'em recall. Farm as much as you can and get some shots on the tower to get ahead of your enemy.
- You can be more agressive in top and bottom lane more than middle.
- Use the bushes and your Satchel Charge to your advantage.
[*}Don't chase around the turret, you move too slowly... just use your Mega Inferno Bomb instead.
- Ward all three bushes
- Deny any melee champs experiance. Constantly through bombs and keep them away. Because you should have all three bushes with sight wards in them, you should be safe from any gank.
Solo Top LaneQuick Tips
- Don't go solo top unless it is absolutely necessary.
- If you happen to go solo top then farm/last hit minions with Short Fuse and Bouncing Bomb.
- Punish enemy champions with Hexplosive Minefield and Bouncing Bomb.
- Never over extend. Don't go for the turret if its 2v1. Wait for your jungler to gank and then you may go attack the turret.
Your roll as Ziggs in a team fight is to kill everybody. Once your tank initiates, right away put down your Hexplosive Minefield right after that toss out a Satchel Charge at one of the escape routes, then start tossing out Bouncing Bombs in their faces. Now for our ultimate in team fights. You must use it at the right time. If you don't your team will easily lose the fight.
When To Use Your Ultimate in Teamfights:
Senario #1: Your team is losing the fight Nunu just got off a full Absolute Zero on three of you teammates... This is when you want to use your Mega Inferno Bomb with your combo breaker. (explained above). This will even out the odds and with a good Crescendo your team will with the fight with ease.
Senario #2: Your team has killed one enemy champion with blitzcrankss Rocket Grab and are beating down on the rest of the team getting them on the run... This is when you want to save your Mega Inferno Bomb to kill any runners, get the ace or a double kill.
If you use it too early you will most likely miss because they start to run away.
Over all this tiny guy is much more deadly than you would expect! I found him so much fun to play and his spells are so much fun to use! Please upvote my guide if you liked and downvote if you really fell like its a really bad guide and it needs work. Also if you do down vote please leave a comment saying why, so I can learn from my mistakes.
I hope you have fun playing the new champion Ziggs! Now... GO BLOW **** UP!
Credits to jhoijhoi for the template, which you can find here.
P.S A +rep would be the best! we would be BFF's if you do that ;D
The change log.
- Guide Published
- Added the "How to be effective" section
- Remade the "ability Explanation" section
- Added more pictures of games and tips.
- Changed to a better build.
- Doing more tests on different builds. Might change the build a bit but not much.
- Added Tear of the Goddess to the "Item explanation" section
- Remade the build
- Added on the "Runes" section mainly seal of replenishment.