Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

jhoijhoi's review & discussion service

Creator: jhoijhoi June 29, 2011 5:44pm
VKZ95
<Member>
VKZ95's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 27, 2011 5:01pm | Report
my guide is beign reviewed next :D

Mordekaiser the metallic nightmare RIFT, thank you JEFFY40HANDS for this awesome signature
marisi
<Member>
marisi's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 27, 2011 5:06pm | Report
Summoner Level:31
Post Count (at time of request):102
Spell & Grammar check completed: YES!!!!!
Guide For (champion): Shen
Why I'd like this to be Reviewed: So I can improve it
What I'd like you to focus on: Everything exept the pictures(working on it)
Guide Link: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/shen-way-of-the-kinkou-laning-and-jungling-109630
Siveo
<Member>
Siveo's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 27, 2011 5:28pm | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:
Siveo: ;) You're a smart cookie for changing things when you see me rage about them :) You will only piss me off with spelling mistakes. It is NOT HARD to install/activate your spell check and download an English dictionary. I detail it all in my guide about writing a guide, and in fact, once you install it, you should be writing in perfect English in all your posts due to the wriggly red lines.

I like being smart but not a cookie :(

Hehe, well yea! I have wriggly red lines all over the place since my browser is set on Dutch but yes, I putted it on English and copy/pasted everything after that in a textprogram to check it again! I hope it was enough!

Hmmm actually I'm quite oldschool due to having an English dictionary on my table while I write stuff on the pc! And I call myself a computer science student ...
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 27, 2011 5:36pm | Report
I'm busy with university, but I thought I'd update this to show I haven't forgot about anyone (though if I missed your request, just request again!).

!!! University > Reviewing !!!

>>> I will review 3 Guides Per Day <<<

ATTENTION: Due to a huge influx of requests, I have now implemented some requirements. This is so I don't end up reviewing a guide who's author doesn't care, or reviewing a guide that is really bad, or reviewing a guide that has not clicked on the link above. If you want me to spend over half an hour reading your guide and writing a reply, you can very well return the favour!

REQUIREMENTS:
- Author must have +100 Posts
- Guide must have been run through a spell and grammar check
- Author must be over Summoner Level 25
- Author must comment on my Ashe guide with their opinion.

If you are LUCKY, your guide will be reviewed by other members, such as: Searz, da_Neo, Rudmed, Bloofyre, Bryun, and Nighthawk. They drop in from time to time to help with my workload. <3

* I will be completely honest in my opinion
* I will not downvote or upvote until I have received a response from my review, and I see you have dropped your opinion of my Ashe guide in the comment section
* I will review your request as soon as physically and mentally possible

* At the completion of my Review, I will post my verdict of your guide here, along with my review (verdicts are featured in the below post)

You must use this format below for submitting a guide for review, otherwise I'll ignore your request. People who just drop their links here will be completely ignored.

Summoner Level:
Post Count (at time of request):
Spell & Grammar check completed: YES/NO
Guide For (champion):
Why I'd like this to be Reviewed:
What I'd like you to focus on:
Guide Link:

What do I expect in return? Read/vote on my >> Complete & Comprehensive Compiled Catalogue of Ashe Knowledge <<, +rep me, and a simple thank you would be lovely ^^

OTHER RULES/NOTES:
- Please only submit one guide per request.
- Please do not request a review on a champion who has not been released. I would also prefer to read only guides published on MobaFire.
- If you are rude to me in your response to my review, I will consider not featuring you in the below post.
- If I read your guide. And you have not read the links I have supplied in this post. I will literally asplode. And you will be charged with my death.

Common Things I Repeat In Most Of My Reviews

• ONE BUILD. Show me one build, the one you use 90% of the time, in your cheat sheet. NO NEED, EVER, to display more than one cheat sheet. All alternative items can be explained in your Situational/Alternative Items section.
  • Good Hands IS ****ING BETTER THAN PERSEVERANCE. Jesus Christ.
  • Colour is good. Too much colour is bad. Find the correct balance.
  • Paragraphical space. Walls of text = bad. Sparse text = bad. Find the correct balance.

Reviewable Guides
Blakhart wrote:

Summoner Level: 30
Post Count (at time of request): 100
Spell & Grammar check completed: YES
Guide For (champion): Vayne
Why I'd like this to be Reviewed: My Vayne guide was at #2 for a little while, and it was also the first Vayne guide out on Mobafire. So after revamping it, I wanted it to get reviewed by someone who really knows their stuff, and may be able to assist me with it.
What I'd like you to focus on: Everything plz :D
Guide Link: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/vayne-through-the-shadows-revamped-81123

Kirluu wrote:

Post Count (at time of request): 332
Spell & Grammar check completed: Yes
Guide For (champion): Alistar (AP)
Why I'd like this to be Reviewed: I'd like to know of whichever way I could possibly improve my guide.
What I'd like you to focus on: The setup mostly, but perhaps just as much the guiding itself.
Link: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/alistar-the-ability-powered-cow-96441
Kirluu~

VKZ95 wrote:

Spell & Grammar check completed: Yes
Guide For (champion): Mordekaiser
Why I'd like this to be Reviewed: I want to improve my guide
What I'd like you to focus on: Anything I can add or change to make my guide better
Guide Link: Mordekaiser

This guide has been reviewed by you before but I have changed it a lot since the last time you saw it

Siveo wrote:

Post Count (at time of request): 115 with this one
Spell & Grammar check completed: I did it but English is not my foreign language so ...
Guide For (champion): Shen
Why I'd like this to be Reviewed: First guide I've made, looking for some comments on how I play with him!
What I'd like you to focus on: Uhm, everything?
My Shen Build

theBMB wrote:

Summoner Level:30
Post Count (at time of request):like 700 I think
Spell & Grammar check completed: YES
Guide For: items
Why I'd like this to be Reviewed:Need feedback and exposure
What I'd like you to focus on:Formatting
Guide Link: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/in-depth-item-guide-97205

Summoner lvl: 30
Spelling and grammar: I believe so O.o
Guide for: lee sin
Why? I'm pretty new(kind of), so I still want more advice and maybe things i can improve on(I know there's lots)
What to focus on: anything you see fit. Perhaps I should go more in depth....hmm
Link: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/listen-to-their-heartbeat-a-jungle-lee-sin-build-116481

Keels wrote:

Summoner level: 30
Spell/ Grammar Check complete? Always. Yes.
Guide for: Singed
Why I'd like this to be reviewed: Jhoi , your making a guide guide was a huge influence. I listened last time to your criticisms of my Renekton build, and I think it paid off. Plus duff's kinda been trawling my builds a bit, and I'd like a second opinion. No offense to him, I've been listening, but a second opinion would be nice.
What I'd like you to focus on: Do I need some more humor? I worked pretty hard to make it look nice, and I'd like to see what you think of it. Is the strategy described sound? Anything you can think of. Unless this is a bad time. I looked to blow people away on this guide.
Guide link: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/singed-his-chemical-romance-ap-hp-99768

Quoted:

Post Count (at time of request): a bit over 100 last time I check'd.
Spell & Grammar check completed: YES, but I am 14yrs old, studied English for around 8yrs. I'm not perfect.
Guide For (champion): Kennen
Why I'd like this to be Reviewed: I want to improve it :)
What I'd like you to focus on: I don't know, about everything.
Guide Link: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/kennen-the-off-tank-ninja-102793
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by Jovy ♡
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 27, 2011 5:45pm | Report
marisi: No. Spell check it, or gtfo. It's all I ask. And if you haven't got spell check, then install/activate it. WHICH YOU WOULD KNOW HOW TO DO IF YOU READ MY GUIDE ABOUT MAKING A GUIDE, which is another requirement I ask of requesters.

1) Spell check.
2) Read my ****ing guide so I don't have to repeat arbitrary **** every single review.

♡ sig by me ♡
ShadowNet
<Editor>
ShadowNet's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 28, 2011 2:13am | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:

Constructive Criticism:

1) One day, you'll learn just like me, that sometimes it's just better to conform. Yes, Swiftness might be great, (YES, ****ING PHILO STONE ON ASHE IS PRACTICALLY ESSENTIAL BEFORE LEVEL 20, MY ****ING GOD I'M NEVER PLAYING ASHE AS A SMURF AGAIN SHE HAS NO MANA EVER MY GOD) but you have to show the rest of the LoL gaming world what they want to see, HP Quints or whatever it is Searz suggested.

2) I really like your new Masteries section. Looks fantastic!

3) With your Summoner Spell section, try doing something like LameoGamer did with their Skill Section. (same advice for your Skill Sequence section)

4) Your Tips and Tricks section is at odds with the rest of your guide. Currently it is the least aesthetically pleasing section, and a lot of it can be sectioned into a "Skills Explanation" section (or into your Skill Sequence section). See my own Skills Explanation section or this Nocturne guide which did the same thing.

0 - Back from vacation. Can't run LoL after the last patch. Yay.

1 - Well I'll change it if the LoL masses demand it. I'll keep using my speed quints <3

2 - Thanks.

3 - I'll look into it.

4 - It was first intended as a reward for reading the guide, some extra info/tips/tricks to help you improve, but since I moved it up, it doesn't fit so well. I'll check it out.
Kirluu
<Member>
Kirluu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 28, 2011 2:21am | Report
Why isn't my request on the review list ? o.o I believe it's at page 81.. :S
Check out my comprehensive guide for Jax !!
-
Make sure to hit that +Rep button if I helped you out, and you feel I deserve it! :)
SirSpankAlot
<Member>
SirSpankAlot's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 28, 2011 3:23am | Report
JhoiJhoi: Woot then I'll re-submit soon after i find a way to fix all the points:P. And i took wriggle's because of the free ward/sustain/damage , it really amplifies your jungling alot for just 1600 gold. And lets say you get a ward every 3 minutes which is 75 goldx10 =750 gold in 30 minutes which is a nice refund. But okay every has his/her own opinion.
Siveo: WOOT YOUR DUTCH:D?Me too dude , awesomeness.
Thanks to Plickz and Alexanpt for the awesome Sigs!

Check out my guide on Skarner, The Crystal Vanguard
marisi
<Member>
marisi's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 28, 2011 4:42am | Report
K, I have checked the spell and grammar. But I didn't thought of it to be necessary since my English is quite acceptable.

Siveo + SirSpankAlot: Dutch here too! Dutchies taking over the world!
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 28, 2011 5:04am | Report
Oh god, I missed that page entirely, I'm sorry. The two requests on that page were moved to the top of the list.

Apologies once again ^^

♡ sig by Jovy ♡

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide