Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

pepsi guy's review store

Creator: pepsiM4A1 June 22, 2016 5:59pm
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 27, 2016 10:15am | Report
Think he's looking for exposure more than reviews. Cuz y'know, he needs to compete with all the free exposure Havoc gets from being the winner of the January guide contest and being scouted. :^)
Seth346
<Member>
Seth346's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 29, 2016 2:34pm | Report
No, I do want reviews

I want someone to look at my guide, give any advice they can, and eventually decide if its worthy of an upvote or something like the hall of fame I have for my own review shop.

My best course of action is asking for reviews, its all I can do at this point, right?

Why have I made many requests? Because I haven't gotten a response from anyone. Since I've started requesting again I've asked probably 5 shops? Idk, maybe more, I'm sure you're counting. I know it takes a while to review but how long should it take before I assume they're inactive.

This is considering:
Janitsu wrote:
Half of the reviewers haven't been online in the last 2 years anyway :^)

I believe its more than that, but this quote clearly shows my cause in asking so many. Most likely 80% or reviewers that I'm looking for are inactive. Do I wait a week? Two weeks? a month? What makes the most sense until I can assume that they'll never get to my review. Should I ask for 5 and then wait a couple of weeks and ask for more?

It's unrealistic to assume any reason not to ask many reviewers considering so many are inactive. The worst outcome is that two of my 5 requested are actually active and then repeat corrections?

Many corrections with my guide at this point will not be simple ones. There won't be a "You spelled "It" as "If" or something, because I've scrutinized it to the extent that its extremely unlikely to find such an error.

I'm at a point with my guide where I can't really find anything wrong with it on my own. Looking for (semi) professional help is my best course of action in improving my guide.

This is truly all I can see to do. If you believe I'm wrong, correct me, I'll adhere to any advice given to me.

And yes, Vapora, I am looking to make my guide better than havoc's. Give me your advise on the subject. How else should I go about doing this?

Edit: Havoc's guide was clearly better than mine before and he deserved the top place as the best Riven guide, I'm not trying to take away from that. That's not why I'm doing this. I'm just trying to make my guide good enough to compete with that, and believe it can do so. Currently I'm updating the matchup section; this is the only section I haven't overhauled and that's because I think the formatting is fine, especially how I've gotten it now. All I need to do is update the content and in my eyes my guide will be flawless.

What test would I use for making such a claim? Looking over everything, and not finding a single thing I feel should be changed. At that point, I turn to reviewers as the only way to make my guide better.
If I helped you, I would appreciate a +rep
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 29, 2016 2:44pm | Report
Regardless, spamming review shops like that is against the rules of this topic because it has been abused in the past. You can just check the user's profile to see whether they are active or not. You posted in some that have dates ranging back to 2013. There are plenty review shops around that are active. Just to link some threads posted by active members:

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/forum/build-and-guide-discussion/guide-nitpicking-service-38888 (my own)

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/forum/build-and-guide-discussion/vaporas-platinum-review-shop-35282

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/forum/build-and-guide-discussion/utopus-review-service-31144
pepsiM4A1
<Guide Critic>
pepsiM4A1's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 29, 2016 7:27pm | Report
Seth346 wrote:
My guide is in my sig, I'd appreciate a review :)

Done.
Check out my Aatrox guide!
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 30, 2016 1:05pm | Report
http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/a-mid-lane-veigar-guide-471304

hello friend once again

here i come with another guide
Seth346
<Member>
Seth346's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 30, 2016 3:45pm | Report
Thank you Pepsi

Vynertje, how long should I wait till I request you? I was planning on doing it the first time I came to this forum based on your last post here. Though I figured I must wait to see if I get a response from the reviews requested.

I'm glad pepsi did, the only reason I use other people's videos is because I believe they've done it better than I can. There's also about a 70/30 split in my work to other's, so I figured it'd be fine. Along with crediting them and taking the direct embed to their YouTube, which actually earns them revenue presumably. I'm confused on whether to fix that, since it was what Pepsi believes isn't optimum about my guide.
If I helped you, I would appreciate a +rep
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 1, 2016 2:30am | Report
Considering most of the review shops you asked are inactive, you can go ahead now.
pepsiM4A1
<Guide Critic>
pepsiM4A1's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 1, 2016 8:23am | Report
Embracing wrote:
http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/a-mid-lane-veigar-guide-471304

hello friend once again

here i come with another guide

Done.
Check out my Aatrox guide!
Schadenfriend
<Member>
Schadenfriend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 8, 2016 1:36pm | Report
Ranked solo queue is masochism. I am not a masochist.
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 11, 2016 11:22am | Report

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide