Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Stop making guides if you don't know the champ...

Creator: Marked4Death April 4, 2011 10:03pm

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

1 2
Marked4Death
<Member>
Marked4Death's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 4, 2011 10:03pm | Report
Ok, so as we all expected, as soon as Lee Sin was available on mobafire all the baddies came out of the woodworks like ****aroaches to flood the scene with a guide and be the first to have #1 lee sin guide. However, none of these people know wtf there doing, he hasn't even been out a week. Ok, whatever, not a big deal, a bunch of bads making guides, whatever. Then I came across a guide, with a name im familiar with around the forum, in green. Our dear veteren posted a beautiful looking guide filled with sweet icons, and general understanding of what the actual items do, not so much what they do for lee sin. Looked all good to me, i was definately ready to hop on the bandwagon and five it a shot, but before i did, i wanted to see how he did in his recent games, surely a guy who wrote a big nice guide would be able to play the **** out of lee sin, you know, writing guides and all........

and then i saw this........

come on dude.....Why write a guide to a champ, you can't actually play?

DISCLAIMER ( ;) )
no this is not a personal vendetta, i don't know coucheka, i don't care too. I am doing this however to address the obvious problem of letting people post guides so soon after a champ is released. Can't blame the guy for trying though, and i'm sure this post will be ignored and his loveley veteren green will get him a **** ton of up votes on his guide. :/ o well. Let the trolling begin, hate on me if you must.
JunSupport
<Veteran>
JunSupport's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 4, 2011 10:14pm | Report
Because they're allowed to.

If you dislike the guide, just downvote it.
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>
~ Keeping this sig classy ~

Guides of Mine - Click the... Eh... Come back later

~Undergoing barbaric-Destruction, tasteful-Renovation, and blasphemous-Reconstruction soonâ„¢~
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 4, 2011 10:20pm | Report
You realize that Lee Sin's difficulty is hard, right? He's not meant to "fight" really. He's kinda meant to BS with single opponents. I haven't seen a game where caucheka played Sin, (never been in a game with him either) but that doesn't mean the guide's bad. I know my guides get DV just because they're meant to be fun and not amazingly competitive. Like Jun said, just DV if you don't like it and give a nice answer as to why.

Thank you to jhoijhoi for the sig, and all the dividers in the guide.

Jet
<Member>
Jet's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 4, 2011 11:09pm | Report
just dv it

don't need to give nice answers to bad guides

>philosophy lesson
Jet has been banned for trolling and blatant racism.
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 4, 2011 11:11pm | Report
He can't DV yet. 4 day restriction sucks sometimes.
True love is found only in yourself.
Kirluu
<Member>
Kirluu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 4, 2011 11:46pm | Report
Umm. Making a guide for a champion doesn't mean that you have to be extremely roflpwnage with the Champion you're writing the guide about. Also: you don't know how many games the person has played with the Champion, and such you can't know how his previous games with the Champ has been. If it's a well written guide, and it explains itself well and you, as the reader, UNDERSTAND these choices, then there's nothing to downvote for. If you do bad with it, if the creator does bad with it, it doesn't necessarily mean that it's a bad build or guide.

A guide or build can also be a suggestion for a way to play a champ. I mean; I can write a guide without actually having tested the build myself. Maybe I just got an idea for a Champion and made a guide about it, explaining the theory of my perhaps unoriginal build.

You see, for all I care, I could make a freaking novel in form of a guide, publish it, and test it out afterwards and get 10 losses attempting on that playstyle. That doesn't make the guide bad. That possibly makes the build bad, but if the guide explains itself well, it's not a bad guide, as long as the author explains and can defend all of the choices within the build.

Meaning: If you do bad with a build within a guide, that either means that you don't understand how to play and use the advantages of the build, or the build is not optimal. And maybe it just isn't optimal for you.

Either way, you can't judge a guide by the author's Match History. That's just sad.
That might be somewhat possible with a build, but a guide is about guiding, and not necessarily give you the best build in the world: In the case you're looking for the best build evah, go look at builds instead of guides.
Check out my comprehensive guide for Jax !!
-
Make sure to hit that +Rep button if I helped you out, and you feel I deserve it! :)
JunSupport
<Veteran>
JunSupport's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 5, 2011 12:18am | Report
Lee Sin is underpowered right now. Not hard to play.
(Boring too)
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>
~ Keeping this sig classy ~

Guides of Mine - Click the... Eh... Come back later

~Undergoing barbaric-Destruction, tasteful-Renovation, and blasphemous-Reconstruction soonâ„¢~
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
MisterChris
<Member>
MisterChris's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 5, 2011 1:17am | Report
You are being very judgmental here man, if you are going to critique a guide at least say something more than "it is bad, he is a new hero" etc. And if you are going to, why on earth post a name? that is very disrespectful. If you don't like it fine but at least ask permission from the guide writer if you can post an image.

EDIT: I will use myself for example. I have a new Teemo build I use, would you really judge me because what my last 10 matches have said?

Why don't you write a guide? see if you can have a perfect match history.
Current

Underway
DEWO
<Retired Moderator>
DEWO's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 5, 2011 1:38am | Report
Well there could be many many reasons on this loosing. This is a new champ. And tbh every build will fail. He is quite weak due to beeing energy dependant. He might be checking out diferent rune/mastery/skill setups. I always said that Build is 10% and 90% is player skill.

So his items and theorycraft might be good but his performance not.

If you played his build and failed and you feel the build is the reason, go and DV it with some nice comment why you think it is a bad build.

I totaly agree with you on making a full GUIDES (not builds) for champs that just got out or you didnt play it for at least 2-3 months is pretty... lame... But lets not overdo it. The ideas in those builds/guides could help YOU to write even better one.
Did i help you? Click that +Rep

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the sig!
Xaioli
<Veteran>
Xaioli's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 5, 2011 1:43am | Report
I can't vouch if the build is optimal, but look.

Looking @ Match Histories mean nothing. Perhaps he's stuck in an Elo only to be chained down by bad team mates. Lee sin is a team player, not an amazing 1v1 IMO. Notice how he only has a W as Poppy. Why? Poppy dosen't need a team. She can literally solo 2-3 people in seconds. With the current UP state of Lee Sin, that's like asking why can't a veigar tank as well as Cho'Gath. LS is lacking, but not break my balls lacking. Bad teammates cost games.

Also, did I point out he takes skill to play? :P
1 2

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide