Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

[Item ideas] So I was inspired to do one of these

Creator: Meiyjhe April 9, 2013 11:00am
Which one would you like to see in game?
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 9, 2013 11:00am | Report
Greetings ladies and gentlemen :D

I've seen so many ideas for items, that I thought, I wanna show some of my ideas :D
What I think League of Legends is missing right now, is a:
* Second mana regen item for AD persons ESSENCE REAVER NP
* New hybrid item
* New heavy MR item, since I still mourn about Force of Nature SPIRIT VISAGE NP

So let's start with the first one, how can we do this the most efficient way?

The Blue Wave
Costs: 1350g + 875g + 575g = 2800g
Builds from: Glacial Shroud + Pickaxe
Grants:
* 300 mana
* 50 attack damage
* 50 armor
* 10% CDR
Unique passive: Each time you deal physical damage, you gain 5% of the damage done back as mana.
Passive: This mana regen effect will be de-activated when Muramana is activated.

Discussion: I always liked the whole idea with the old Udyr, that he also gained mana back per auto attack, I wanted to create something similar. Together with the active and the stats, this will be a good alternative to Muramana, if you are a spellhungry AD caster :D.

Now to the hybrid item:

The Haunting staff
Costs: 1337g + 1485g + 578g = 3400g
Builds from: Haunting Guise + The Brutalizer
Grants:
* 200hp
* 30 AP
* 30 AD
* 10% CDR
Unique passive: +15% (+5% of your bonus AD) magic penetration with a minimum of 15 MPen
Unique passive: +15% (+4% of your AP) armor penetration with a minimum of 10 ArPen.

Discussion: This grants health, AP, AD and CDR! 4 very valuable for hybrid casters. Together, they hopefully will give people a bit more reason to go hybrid Jax, hybrid Evelynn, or of course ma favorite, hybrid Ezreal.

Last but not least; the MR item

The MMP
Costs: 1550 + 400 + 550 = 2500g
Builds from: Quicksilver Sash + Null-Magic Mantle
Grants:
* 80 MR
* 10% movementspeed
Unique aura: All allies withing 1000yards get 5% less magical damage taken
Unique activation: All towers will be unable to fire, all enemy minions will be stunned and all enemy champions will be silenced for 30 seconds. This activation destroys the item and you will be stunned untill you die

Discussion: #yoloswag

Overall, thanks for reading, I'd love to see your opinions about this :D
Change is gooooood
Picture by: Bludes
Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
TheKut
<Member>
TheKut's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 10, 2013 12:20pm | Report
1st seems good except the ridiculously OP passive. It would break Muramana and you would never go without mana. Imagine this on a Talon, Ezreal, Kha'Zix or any other AD champ that realies pretty heavily on his abilities to deal damage.

2nd also seems good except maybe add some sort of mixed penetration. Also the passive would make Irelia and Corki less unique and that's quite sad. Just like Phantom Dancers new passive made Hecarim and Fizz less unique.

3rd is fine I guess, I don't see why they removed the heavy magic resist option in the fist place. Aura and active OP as **** though. Maybe not aura so much...
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 10, 2013 12:32pm | Report
TheKut wrote:

1st seems good except the ridiculously OP passive. It would break Muramana and you would never go without mana. Imagine this on a Talon, Ezreal, Kha'Zix or any other AD champ that realies pretty heavily on his abilities to deal damage.

2nd also seems good except maybe add some sort of mixed penetration. Also the passive would make Irelia and Corki less unique and that's quite sad. Just like Phantom Dancers new passive made Hecarim and Fizz less unique.

3rd is fine I guess, I don't see why they removed the heavy magic resist option in the fist place. Aura and active OP as **** though. Maybe not aura so much...

1. Changing 1st items passive.

2. I don't care if the item makes champions less unique :P

3. Active is indeed very powerful.... But I still want to make the active epic... I will rethink about the active here.

Thanks for your opinion :D

EDIT: Changing second items passive aswell
Change is gooooood
Picture by: Hogopogo

Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 21, 2013 8:50am | Report
Removed MMP (cuz MR thingy solved), edited haunted staff (cuz the unique passive actually made no sense) and made a small change to "Blue Wave"
Change is gooooood
Picture by: My valentine; jamespongebob <3
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 23, 2013 3:02am | Report
I have always hated how some items cost a HUGE amount of gold but don't increase the stats (or barely increase) from the building items into the final item. For the longest time I hated Frozen Mallet because it only gave +10 AD after upgrade from Phage.

The Haunting Staff is awesome even though it only gets +5 on AP and AD because the passive definitely more than makes up for this with the stacking penetration. It gets absolutely no increase on HP though and that slightly bothers me.

I would do all the math for cost efficiency of it all, but I'm too tired.

I would use this all the time alongside my trusty old pal (we have been friends for a very long time) Guinsoo's Rageblade.
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 24, 2013 4:18pm | Report
Blue Wave:

Not rly an "WOW" effect there...

Can't see many champs getting that so: Nope.

Haunting Staff:

Nice idea, like it the same way I like Van Damm's Pillager, but sadly Riot would NEVER try to step into this territory deliberatley.

Handing AD champs spell vamp and MPen has too much balancing work coming with it.
Not really Riot's field of expertise...
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 25, 2013 9:14pm | Report
Darcurse wrote:

too much balancing work coming with it.
Not really Riot's field of expertise...

#1 LoL quote of the year.
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2014 3:13am | Report
Essence Reaver ~ Blue wave.

If a varient of the haunting staff comes to life, I will sell my future prediction services for €10,00 each. Succesful predictions not guaranteed.
Change is gooooood
Picture by: VirusNG1
Jimmydoggga 2.0
<Member>
Jimmydoggga 2.0's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2014 3:35am | Report
Blue wave is incredibly broken in terms of stats per cost, especially considering it only costs 578 gold.
I really think it should be damage dealt to a champion instead of all damage as well.
Haunting staff just seems to be a stupid item because you cant get any use out of it unless you're hybrid, but if you do then it seems to be completely broken as well.

Still, considering the effort Riot usually puts into making their items, I'd say that this is pretty good.

Basically MOBAFire.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide