Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Inhouse FAQ / Rules

Creator: Mowen November 23, 2012 2:14pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Arkharan
<Member>
Arkharan's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 17, 2013 11:32am | Report
Well then, give me 1 offence point. I'm one of the occasional that signups for the inhouse like, never. And when fruyti invites and I join he's just happy I do. Because we're always down in +500 wins signups. It's not to rub it in but if the inhouses are getting too serious like some players I won't name that only plays tournament picks. I'm just out. When you just volunteer yourself half of the time to fill empty spots and get treated like that for a minor offence I'd rather play something else.
Ps: I don't get the usefullness for rules, when we're just always having fun in inhouses. I can understand for people that rages or make it unfun for other people.. but those things are just too much. Some people just likes to play the internet police for the fun of it and that's the reason no one is signing up anymore for 500 wins +
Quoted:
Every 2 weeks if no offences were committed 1 pt is remove from your record.

So basically I'm just going to stay at 0 forever because I'm barely signing up and you just lost 1 player.

ty xaiolu for the sign :3
Shuru
<Member>
Shuru's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 17, 2013 12:31pm | Report
You know, Just becuase I don't host for your 500+ win inhouses, doesn't mean I'm not a host who has to obey the rules and make others Obey them, Don't treat me like a lesser being just because I'm not your host, and maybe I won't be so stingy with the rules because you broke them. Don't tell me I shouldn't do my job, and don't tell me "oh fruyti doesn't do it, so why should you." It's really disrespectful to treat me as a "lesser host" because I host for a different crowd of people.
Ban out GoodPlays GG
Arkharan
<Member>
Arkharan's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 17, 2013 12:43pm | Report
You're always pulling **** off like. "You can't host, you're not an official one, on me, on barbj" dude, I couldn't care less. Last time I would've hosted the +500 wins if we actually had people playing. Inhouses here were always meant for fun. If people don't get their raffle in +500 wins because I hosted not legetly well ****, meanwhile there was no one to host it when suffix was participating in the best riven NA tournament. You're always abiding by the rules and what's upsetting me is not you doing it, it's everyone doing it. Inhouses were always for fun, I stopped playing them when it stopped being this way. Suffix got me back into playing them once in a while and now I have to hear that special ********? You know me, you know what rank I am and you know that I'm not going to be in the -500 wins, why do you even care. I repeat it's k to do it with people that abuse it once in a while, it's ok to do it with people that rages or always whine about unbalanced team, but that?

Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 17, 2013 3:59pm | Report
I'm not exactly sure what your issue is with the rules mashed? In general the rules are there to improve the experience, and yes to have fun. Many of the things in the rules detract from other player's fun when you do them. What rules make the game less fun?

Signing up incorrectly isn't a super big deal yes but the rules are there to prevent making the sheet unnecessarily long with comments and so that hosts that don't know everybody can balance properly. Also, having random comments like "fk you guys" might deter new players from signing up if they think that's what people will act like.

I welcome people to host games when the host isn't there, like say 10 min late someone can just host it, it would be greatly appreciated and better than everybody being disappointed. People that impromptu host and aren't Ref's aren't entered in the Ref raffle so that is not an issue, but I will give them extra normal raffle tickets for their effort.

If you have an issue with a specific Ref you can always pm me and explain your point of view. If you feel like a rule doesn't make sense or should be altered you could also pm me or make a thread for that. If Shuru is telling you to obey the rules he's just doing his job and the rules are the rules, it's not his fault for enforcing them. If there is a personal issue then yes you can bring it up in his host feedback thread or to me, just please don't turn this into a mud slinging contest!
Thanks to GrandMasterD for my sig!
rudyards
<Member>
rudyards's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 18, 2013 2:27pm | Report
So I'm going to cast the inhouse today and was wondering if people would rather I stream the cast live, or just post it to youtube after the night is done.
BarbJ
<Exceptional Editor>
BarbJ's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 18, 2013 2:49pm | Report
Both if possible.

Twitch automatically stores all broadcasts as videos to watch later. But Twitch videos can load slowly if your page is not popular / used frequently.
I support utility guided virtue ethics.
Shuru
<Member>
Shuru's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 18, 2013 3:01pm | Report
rudyards wrote:

So I'm going to cast the inhouse today and was wondering if people would rather I stream the cast live, or just post it to youtube after the night is done.

Basically, I'd like it best if you could live and youtube, because I like to rewatch my gameplay and many others do, and it's nice to post in the discussion page so people can see it if they didn't catch it live. also it gives you publicity :3.
Ban out GoodPlays GG
rudyards
<Member>
rudyards's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 18, 2013 5:18pm | Report
I'm horribly incompetent. My streaming software is evidently busted, so I'm recording the first match at least locally. I'll try to get it working before the second match.
Arkharan
<Member>
Arkharan's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 21, 2013 2:41pm | Report
Mowen wrote:

I'm not exactly sure what your issue is with the rules mashed? In general the rules are there to improve the experience, and yes to have fun. Many of the things in the rules detract from other player's fun when you do them. What rules make the game less fun?

Signing up incorrectly isn't a super big deal yes but the rules are there to prevent making the sheet unnecessarily long with comments and so that hosts that don't know everybody can balance properly. Also, having random comments like "fk you guys" might deter new players from signing up if they think that's what people will act like.

I welcome people to host games when the host isn't there, like say 10 min late someone can just host it, it would be greatly appreciated and better than everybody being disappointed. People that impromptu host and aren't Ref's aren't entered in the Ref raffle so that is not an issue, but I will give them extra normal raffle tickets for their effort.

If you have an issue with a specific Ref you can always pm me and explain your point of view. If you feel like a rule doesn't make sense or should be altered you could also pm me or make a thread for that. If Shuru is telling you to obey the rules he's just doing his job and the rules are the rules, it's not his fault for enforcing them. If there is a personal issue then yes you can bring it up in his host feedback thread or to me, just please don't turn this into a mud slinging contest!

I'm just tired of the un-flexibility of inhouses. 1 day I wanted to fill support on the -400 wins to go and help (kinda the point of inhouses) he prefered waiting 30m to get someone who's not even moba related. I don't hate terra and barbj specially, it's their way of telling stuff.

Quoted:
I believe this should also go for people faking their rank and wins for laughs, earlier I removed a signup that claimed a gold player was a challenger player with over 9000 wins. The sheets have a rank/win count for a reason guys.

He could just have said my name or not even talk about it. Either way works. And I even asked somewhere in the schedule thread to remove my signup because I couldn't make it. I repeat mowen I have nothing against them, only their way of acting. I agree that sometimes I'm being an *** but I feel like some people lose a bit of their "personality" as soon as they get a moba status. I've always expressed what I wanted to say over those 3 years and that won't ever change, probably why I'm never going to get a rank or anything. But there's mod / vet / other people who get status here and still express their opinions, I like those, shuru and barb are mostly let's be honest on a way-too serious tone half the time. When this game stopped being for fun?

DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 21, 2013 3:00pm | Report
Mowen wrote:

i actually didnt know youd do this ever, there have been a few times i offer to host a game when the hosts have to do other things/dont want to host anymore and there are other players that still want to play, i havnt actually done it yet cuz theres never enough but if a thing like this comes up (an unofficial host/inhouse) should they be posted in the inhouse discussion thread?
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide