Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Swaining the enemies (Double ranked journey)

Creator: FalseoGod June 30, 2014 2:46pm
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 30, 2014 2:46pm | Report
I lost my ranked journey somewhere in the depts of mobafire, and this is something else I'm doing although I might post my rankeds on le non-smurf here.

So what am I doing?

Basically, a Swain only ranked journey. This includes support, adc and jungle. This thread will only cover the games where I played outside of mid lane (since I don't play top and am learning about it, I'll cover that ****lane as well).

How did I start it?

I intended to fall to Bronze 5 and go from there. However, I didn't really want to destroy other people's games by going afk or intentionally feeding so, instead, I decided I would try to jungle and be ******edly absent, or try to play **** supports/supports I'm **** with. By doing this, I would attempt to have the least game impact as possible and if my team deserved to win I'd happily share the victory (and my tons of gold) with them, if not then Q_Q mission accomplished.

So what happened?

I went 5-5 and landed in Silver 4. I suck at sucking, and so did my teams. I lost first two games ( Nunu & Willump jungle and Warwick jungle, the second one I was fed as **** but someone tried to surrender for some reason and the vote went positive :D). Then I won the two next, one because I had to go mid Morgana versus Ryze (I wanted to avoid starting the Swain games) and the guy tried to 1v1 me at level 1 in my creeps, and then whenever he returned he tried to 1v1 me (maybe he was doing what I wanted to do but not caring for his team mates?).

Eventually I finished my qualifications 5-5, feeling like I probably should've tried less :P

Ranked journey so far?

Surprisingly, out of my 20 ranked games I've seen Swain being picked 3 times, not counting me (wth). I had to go Sivir adc one of those games (lost it, 2-1-8 with top CS, top gold save from enemy Swain), Morgana mid the other (enemy Swain went top with ignite+tp and raped my champ so badly q.q).

I'm 7-2 with Swain for now (first defeat 1-0 versus Zed but toplane Fiora got our inhib at 13, she was pretty much impossible to stop without us losing towers elsewhere since our Jax kept dc'ing; second defeat was Swain support, first death at 10, enemy trist was 13-0 at that time and my adc sucked donkey balls q.q).

I'm currently Silver 2 (skipped silver 3).
Thank you Tsuki for the sig!

FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 30, 2014 2:52pm | Report

Most recent "troll" game, went Swain support with a Miss Fortune (possibly one of the greediest players. Like, in a scale of MissMaw to Khazem he was three Khazems and a half). However, enemy Vayne's range allowed me to dominate her with harass even though Nami was annoying. Some key snares allowed us laned advantage.

Mid game I lost some steam, obviously. Swain support can't tank enemies that well unless uber fed, although I had some decent cc and I always saved Exhaust (if I had it) for whenever AP Tristana (a thing around this elo) went for a full combo, although I had to exhaust Vayne once. Vayne recovered midgame because my team was crazy greedy.

Lategame, me and Irelia caught Tristana off position due to warding, killed her, then we fought for enemy inhibitor and I caught Vayne with Nevermove and we got an ace.

SOME THOUGHTS

- Support Swain could be ok if it wasn't for his mana. If I harass too much I'll run OOM in no time due to not being able to proc passive. Will probably require a 3rd runepage (crazy huh?) to shift some of the stuff I got to Quints (since I have two full AD Quints I don't need as a support) and get some manaregen/second
- I really liked my item order. It gave me a little bit of pseudo-tankyness and Liandry on Swain gives him power even if he is seemingly behind
- ADCs on this elo suck balls. Probably too gimmicky to pull from Gold 2 onwards unless against very specific supports;
- I'm always oom. FML.
Thank you Byron for 2014's loudest laugh up till today
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 30, 2014 2:53pm | Report
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 30, 2014 2:54pm | Report
I'm no longer "FalseoGod" now :/ I'm just a FatChocobo or multiple FalseGods.

I might consider a request for a thread name change to Wayne if he doesn't hate me for being somewhat obnoxious.

FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 30, 2014 3:37pm | Report

Second pick, ask for mid and say "Trust my Swain stats". Morg (first pick) say's "I'M MID") and locks. Np pick order > call order.

So then I lock Swain and say "jungle/support/top/adc". My team picks accordingly and I jungle Swain. Blue > Red path (saw their Skarner starting red so I didn't fear counterjungling with this path at this elo), got level 3 ganked mid. Morg hits snare (thought she'd miss so I snare the floor), but we still kill Heimerdinger, first blood for me.

Pressure a few lanes, get items, win. Also botlane was stomping pretty hard.

CONCLUSIONS

- Swain jungle also sucks, but I should try other runesets coz mine are cringeworthy for jungling anyway (and so are my masteries, although I need runic affinity and the ability to take some hits from the jungle. Should probably run 0/21/9 but going full tard 12/9/9);
- Mana issues are still real; luckily morg killed heimer so I got the second blue. Jungle item sustain isn't enough tho so I gotta GANK MOAR SWAIN CAMPING TOPLANE YO;
- Tons of damage ganks. ****py sustain. Decent post-6 clear that leaves you with 0 mana. Can't recommend.
Thank you Byron for 2014's loudest laugh up till today
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 20, 2014 1:37pm | Report

The builds :> (khazem is free to cringe). Notice how Anivia went tanknivia mid for some reason.

Well I really thought I was getting demoted after 4 consecutive losses once I reached plat 4. Did well every single lane phase but once again it doesn't matter since I'm around my "deserved elo" so I can't carry people who go 0-5 against Irelia and the such.

Anyway, I'm hoping I can not get demoted and actually manage to restart climbing, haven't been particularly outplayed or showed I suck at this elo, just been struck by waves upon waves of fed opponents which is pretty annoying.
Khazem
<King of the Hill>
Khazem's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 20, 2014 1:42pm | Report
mother of god...
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 20, 2014 2:23pm | Report
Suggest me a build plis

(Mallet was just for inbuilt mockery, only got it after I sold the red lizard thing)
Thank you Tsuki for the sig!

Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 20, 2014 3:47pm | Report
are you showing us when you get swain mid or just non mid games

FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 21, 2014 2:14am | Report
Nighthawk wrote:

are you showing us when you get swain mid or just non mid games

Yeah so this last game was on my main account while the others were on the smurf. This thread is feeling messy in it's intentions but on the other hand I don't wanna maintain two ranked threads. I might just forgo this one completely.

All games were non-mid Swain games on le smurf and this last one was just an update on how my real account is doing.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide