Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Vapora's Ranked Journey to ... Whatever he...

Creator: Vapora Dark September 13, 2012 8:06pm
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 27, 2013 11:47pm | Report
MY TALON GUIDE IS ALL I AM.
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 28, 2013 6:23pm | Report
Sighhhhh, bye-bye series.

Would have won the 2nd game too because I split-pushed bot super early and got the inhibitor down. But Ez dc'd for like 10 minutes so all the inhibitor did was keep them from ending. I had to keep instantly destroying it as soon as it spawned to keep it pressuring them, then Ez reconnected just as their bot inhibitor respawned but they wouldn't let me destroy it again, and soon after they aced us and pushed down mid for the win.

In 3rd game, Anivia got firstblood on our Nautilus for lvl 4 double buffs. ( He tried to counter-gank Xin while I was on about 30% HP ), and I was forced into a farm off because Xin was camping me and I couldn't risk going aggressive on Anivia. So I just rushed Tiamat and we both insta-cleared our waves constantly. Couldn't gank bot because they had everything warded and pinked, and the one time I tried to gank top Xin instantly counter-ganked me and I nearly died because they'd seen me coming through a ward. All I managed to do was pop Zac's passive.

I was initially winning the farm off, but Anivia ended the game with more farm than me because she wasn't really at any risk of dying at any point in team-fights, they just dominated us too hard. Every lane except mine had lost, and even I'd only gone even.

There was 1 point where we could have turned the game around where we started to baron after we saw Zac and Ashe were bot, but Anivia and Janna came to try and disrupt us / steal it. I saw Anivia's egg was down from earlier on and jumped to her to try and kill her, but as soon as I appeared on her, random Ashe ult hits me. I died exclusively to the damage of Ashe and Anivia's ults. :l Then Nautilus amazingly managed to smite it right, giving the last 2 members of our team baron buffs, until they were quickly aced and we lost.
Totallynotn00b
<Guide Critic>
Totallynotn00b's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 29, 2013 10:51am | Report
Yorrick lost his lane?
Wut?
1jamie50
<Member>
1jamie50's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 29, 2013 1:38pm | Report
But Ez dc'd for like 10 minutes
---
Sucks to be you in the promotion series when server issues were going on : (

It's funny how many people I've seen so far yesterday/today talking about losses from disconnections (which ARE from the server BTW from what Riot said when they took ranked queue's down).

It happened to me too... three seperate D/c's on our team alone (around 5 minute to 10 minute D/c's) and we still almost won but our main carry got thrown off as we were a team-fight from winning and that was that... I was the next person to carry the team after that and I don't see that happening as Xin Zhao 40 minutes in... so we lost as they re-joined.

Luckily, I finished promo-games before the major issues started to show up though (my last promo match was a 4v4 from the server problems too) : /

I really don't know if I trust starting up ranked and playing again at this moment.. lol.

Thanks to YayaFTW for the sig.
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 1, 2013 8:40pm | Report
LMFAOOOOOO.

Okay, played 2 games today, here they are.

Not much to say about this game. Rammus ragequit, Ez ragequit because of Rammus's ragequit, and Alistar started trolling because the game was hopeless. Basically, it was 2v5. Nope, no chance.

In champ select, after about 10 seconds into my turn I picked Talon and locked in. About 10 seconds later, the other person picking on my turn picked Tristana and said "MID. I CALLED IT FIRST HAHAHAHA. AP TRIST". I thought she was joking but she was actually trolling. In-game she had AP runes and refused to leave mid. But I knew I couldn't win vs Yorick either, so I decided to take one for the team and told Leona to go top and support Jayce, and I would solo bot with minimum cs and no kills. But it actually turned out to be a lot more interesting than that.

When I was level 3, our level 4 Vi ganked bot and I got an assist on Janna. I recalled and got an avarice blade, which by the time I upgraded to Youmuu's had already netted me about 500 gold. I farmed from a distance whenever I could for a bit, still getting zoned pretty badly, but 2 of my W's hit Janna. So I placed a ward in one of the brushes, and when Janna walked in I instantly jumped on her and managed to kill her before she could put her shield up ( Nope, no avarice crit! ). Ez couldn't zone me on his own after that, and I eventually recalled to get a Pickaxe. From then on I just free-farmed because I would have 1-shot Janna if she tried to keep on zoning me, which basically put me in full control of the lane, because I was receiving more XP than them and actually had more gold than Ez.

I harassed him for a bit and eventually he was zoned from me, resorting to just farming with his Q. Eventually he went in the brush and didn't throw any more Q's, so I warded the brush to check if he was recalling. He was and it had about 2 seconds left, so I flash + E'd him and got another kill.

After this they sent Yorick onto bot lane, but his 1v2 hadn't been nearly as successful, and he had about 20 CS and was 2 levels lower than me. He stupidly tried to fight me once and I killed him. I recalled, got a Tiamat, then 1-shot him next time he came on the lane. Then I 1-shot him another time, took down my tower, did dragon with Vi, and we started doing team-fights.

Team-fights sometimes went in our favor, and sometimes didn't, though neither team was able to take any big objectives after each team-fight. Skip ahead about 15 minutes, and I ganked Ez with my ult because he was farming mid alone, and I killed him. Lux and Janna came out the brush right after and Lux snared me and burst me, but I survived that with something around 40 HP. Thanks to my still active Youmuu's I was able to kill her despite having almost everything on cooldown, and I kept on attacking Janna on about 10 HP, somehow didn't die, and killed her for a triple kill. From that we got an inhibitor and soon after a baron, and the game was completely under our control, and they were unable to come back from that.

God that game was so funny lol.

Unfortunately lost more points for the free loss though. :< By the way, the other 3 people on my team in that last game were all on the enemy team in the free loss. They watched me go 4/11 then watched me carry them. B)
Lucorian5
<Member>
Lucorian5's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 2, 2013 10:08am | Report
I'm really confused as to your new Talon build...What order do you buy stuff? And why the extremely drastic build change from the one still shown in your guide?

A +rep is always nice, and if I helped you out, do give one (or more) of my guides a read! Feedback is very welcome, and if you liked them give them a vote!
Lucorian5
<Member>
Lucorian5's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 2, 2013 11:29am | Report

so I tried your new build....

A +rep is always nice, and if I helped you out, do give one (or more) of my guides a read! Feedback is very welcome, and if you liked them give them a vote!
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 2, 2013 11:57am | Report
Well, Hydra is just outright better than BT, and considering they're now both the same cost there's no reason to take BT above Hydra.

I rush either Brutalizer or Tiamat depending on what I can afford on my first B. If I can afford Tiamat I'll get it before Brutalizer, if not I'll build Brutalizer before Tiamat. If I can afford a pickaxe but not a Brutalizer, I'll get the pickaxe and get Tiamat on my next B. After Brutalizer / Tiamat I get Tiamat / Brutalizer, then finish Hydra for sustain, and then build Youmuu's. After Youmuu's I build another Brutalizer, then depending on how much gold I'm receiving I either upgrade that into Black Cleaver or build Infinity Edge, or if I want a strong item immediately ( or they have tons of armor ) I build Last Whisper.

End-game my build excluding boots is Hydra, Youmuu's, Black Cleaver, Last Whisper and Infinity Edge, the last of which can be exchanged for a defensive item if necessary, which it isn't always on Talon.

The build wasn't my idea, it's something I've ripped off from Insoy, a Diamond 1 Talon on the NA server, who has about 500 Talon games done in ranked in season 3 alone. The only difference is that he builds the Black Cleaver BEFORE Youmuu's, because it does more straight-forward burst damage, but at my Elo it's extremely easy to catch people out on their own, which makes Youmuu's more useful because I can keep auto-attacking them after my burst is over which does more damage than Black Cleaver.

I haven't changed my build to this in my guide because it's controversial and it would be insta-downvoted. OMFGWAT CRIT CHANCE, ATTACK SPEED AND AN AOE ITEM THAT PROCS ON AUTO-ATTACKS ON AN AD CASTER??????

But coming from a gold 2 Talon main with over 1k Talon games played, I can confirm this is way better than the build I have in my guide. And I assume Insoy agrees or he wouldn't use it. :P
H4xDefender
<Veteran>
H4xDefender's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 2, 2013 12:24pm | Report
you want some replays of insoys games? will prob be rank 5ing with him tonight.
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 2, 2013 12:39pm | Report
Yeah sure, thanks lol. I also intend to go on the NA server and ask him about his build and general tips for Talon, see what I can personally learn from him. :P

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide