Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

VexRoth - All That Is Ranked

Creator: VexRoth January 26, 2015 10:41pm
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 26, 2019 10:57am | Report

Was not having good luck in jungle during my placements so I switched over to ADC because it seemed like most of my jungle games were lost there and I figured if I could just not feed my *** off my team stood a better chance of winning.

Had pretty good luck with Lucian as it didn't seem to matter much how much my support fed, but I did run into a few games where I couldn't bully and transfer my lead to the rest of the map.

I'm not a good ADC. I can tell that every time I get into a game with an ADC that is good with their autospacing. Vaynes in particular, if played well, seem to have twice as much range than they should.

ADC is much easier if you are on comms with your support and your support has and idea of how to generate lane presence or play meekly when the situation requires it (e.g. a farm and scale lane).

If I continue with ADC I should probably put in more games on Sivir. Her mechanics are pretty straightforward and she has some measure of saftey/poke denial with her Spell Shield. IIRC the game I lost on her I just didn't have front line, which is one situation where I don't feel like she is the best choice.

Jungle.

Having some success with Nunu & Willump, though I've run into a couple of games where couldn't put my team on my back and drag them to victory. In one game there seemed like there was a key point where my team decided to contest the enemy team in our Blue side jungle and I chose to just counter jungle the enemies Blue side rather than try to defend my Blue side. My teammates contesting got wiped and that seemed to set the tone for the game. Not sure why they didn't walk out since we were getting things on the other side of the map but such is soloqueue.

I have noticed an odd thing with Nunu which is that if I'm look in one direction such as at the minimap and start up my snowball to head in another direction I will end up going the wrong way (neither where I was looking on the minimap nor the direction where my character was facing) with my snowball, so that is something I need to iron out.

I haven't really been able to make Vi work. Had one really good game that I ended up throwing by going to ham to take our their ADC, which was disappointing because up until then I was having a really good game.

I've had good success on Kayn though my recollection is that I would have won those games regardless of who I was playing. I've mixed it up as Rhaast and SA depending on the situation. His Mid game is bonkers in either form and it can take the heart out of the enemy by either 1v3ing them as Rhaast or pretty much instagibbing any squishy as SA. I do find SA a little harder to play. Really need to make sure you are getting your autos off as your abilties by themselves won't do it, so you have to make sure you allow for that in your plan. Early game is a little difficult as you just don't have the oomph that you would when you get your chosen form. Very late game can also be tricky in either form.

I like playing Nunu and I like playing Kayn so I may just focus on those two champions for a while to see what I can do with them because jungle is not a contested position at the moment so I get it any time I put it as primary or queue up as fill.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 31, 2019 11:39am | Report

Fiora got herself ahead quite nicely and then was a tard about it and kept dying, which wasn't good because our Bot and Mid weren't so bright either. I think there was a high chance we eventually threw our lead sufficiently to lose if their Akali didn't rage quit, because we had to expend a lot of resources chasing her down just by the nature of how she works.

Apparently they were having some internal problems along with the Akali ragequitiing so they called it quits.

I had a stupid play were I accidentally hit R instead of dropping the Rift Herald so which meant I didn't get the tower with the Rift Herald charge because it first had to clear a couple of minions before charging.

Other than that I wasn't quite sure how to get the reins on my team to get them to play properly which was get wards in for Fiora so she couldn't get triple teamed and then the rest of us pressure something else on the map.

The way it eventually looked like it was going to work out was for Sona to ward and backup for Fiora which would pretty much make her untouchable.
Fruxo
<Administrator>
Fruxo's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 31, 2019 12:47pm | Report
I'm currently a Silver 2 player, I was in Gold at one point some seasons back.

I don't really play very much in the Jungle lane, more in the Mid role. But I keep wondering, is it any harder to carry/play as a jungler then it would on any other lane?

Also, what i'd do in a situation like that though, is to pick off single targets that aren't hard to take down like squishies, and leave the champions like the Tank and/or very fed champions for when you are together with your team. I've done that multiple games and I kept winning a whole ton thanks to that.
Thanks to Jovy for the sig!
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 31, 2019 12:59pm | Report

Figure I needed to play through the Draven unfortuantely about 10s into laning phase he starting he started raging at his support about not being able to hit a stun and wanting to ff. Later they had no wards up and died to a Kindred gank. Top was getting **** on by Tryndamere and of course needed a gank after giving up his third kill. And Mid wasn't exactly winning his lane. He did pick up some kills in the ensuing massacre but that wasn't went I needed them.

I went too ham on a play on Sylas after we got a kill on I think it was Kindred. Zed had no cool downs to follow up.

And to be fair I probably should have counterganked the Kindred when I noticed the bloom getting hit on the Top side of the map. I pinged that Kindred was Top side and Viktor didn't play appropriately cautiously, but a case could still be made for me being there instead of grabbing my Gromp.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 31, 2019 1:10pm | Report
Fruxo wrote:
I'm currently a Silver 2 player, I was in Gold at one point some seasons back.

I don't really play very much in the Jungle lane, more in the Mid role. But I keep wondering, is it any harder to carry/play as a jungler then it would on any other lane?

Also, what i'd do in a situation like that though, is to pick off single targets that aren't hard to take down like squishies, and leave the champions like the Tank and/or very fed champions for when you are together with your team. I've done that multiple games and I kept winning a whole ton thanks to that.

It really depends. Mid lane usually had the most influence on the map of any of the lanes. As a jungler I love when I have a good Mid laner that can get enough control of their lane to make plays around the map and/or back me up in the river or for contesting buff in the enemy jungle, while still getting back in time to defend their turret (some Mids roam so much that they lose their turret and the map control it provides and they fall behind in levels due to lack of farm).

For jungle there are a bazillion factors that decide what you are going to be doing with your time. The main problem I find is that laners have no idea what you are doing so they all want you to camp their lane. Like all three lanes.

In some ways it is easy to carry from jungle because you can be practically anywhere on the map. It is all about cost benefit analysis, which changes from game to game and moment to moment (I'm still trying to get consistent at the priorities and sometimes still get lazy about them).

1. Countergank
2. Minion crash dive
3. Gank overextended lanes
4. Take objectives
5. Push when enemies leave lane
6. Hold lanes
7. Invade/ward their jungle
8. Power farm

Interestingly farm is on the bottom of the list, but if you don't farm you will fall behind in levels and gold income. It is just finding the appropriate time to do it, such as when one or two of your laners are off the map due to being dead or have gone to base for a recharge and to spend their gold.

But if you can get your priorites straight jungling offers a lot of potential for carrying.

But it really helps to have one or two laners that win their lanes!
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 31, 2019 1:47pm | Report

Good team. The Diana was a chatterbox and sometimes overly ambitious, but she knew when she was strong and when she could kill Zed so that meant Zed wasn't the menance he can be. She also helped me fight off Zed and Vi when they were invading me at my blue. Still I ended up giving my good team mate to the Swain who won his lane and didn't really do anything boneheaded that I was aware of. I guess it is good to have the laners like Caps, but in some of your teammates it is good to have a gets **** done and doesn't mess up much type.

Was a little worried about Bot lane, but I figured they would scale up and get work done later in the game and they did.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 31, 2019 2:26pm | Report

Well, my Darius got mega ultra **** on and neither me nor my other laners picked up the slack.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 7, 2019 10:35pm | Report

The pony is back. Will try to ride until they nerf him out of the jungle again. Thought Mid lane was looking iffy as Lux took a pounding from Cassiopeia in the early game. But she only died to Cass once and I eventually cleaned up Cass who stuck around too long.

Got a little overeager on two plays that ended up getting me killed otherwise my KDA looks a lot better.

Really like the feeling of power going Enchantment: Warrior before Trinity Force, however it remains to be seen what that feels like if I end up getting behind, though in that case, Enchantment: Cinderhulk got buffed as far as camp clear speed. However you typically don't get that on Hecarim until after Trinity Force, if ever (say you are killing it and able to get straight into all your damage items).
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 7, 2019 10:37pm | Report

So was this a game I should dodge? In the past I didn't dodge that much because I just don't have time to play 6 games every day and potentially wait 0.5 hours in between if I end up dodging twice.

But three jungle mains and a Mid laner that looks to have a terrible win rate on a champion that just got nerfed again. That didn't look promising.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 7, 2019 10:38pm | Report

Stats for my teammates were much more promising in this one and we stomped the opposing team. Mid and Top seemed to have a handle on their lanes so I camped Bot lane and we picked up a number of kills on the Vayne though Nami was generally able to skate.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide