Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

VexRoth - All That Is Ranked

Creator: VexRoth January 26, 2015 10:41pm
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 28, 2015 9:14pm | Report

Ranked Game 3 S5

Runes: Atk Dmg, Armor, MR, Atk Spd Quints

Masteries: 21-9-0

Summary:

What is it with Rengar top? This one fed Jarvan IV and Yorick to high heaven and my Sona laning partner, while doing a good job of poking early, did a lovely job of feeding pretty much everyone on the opposing team. Mid game we had a couple of good team fights where we killed more people than we lost but we were low enough that we couldn't convert much from it.

I need to last hit better but overall I feel like Ezreal was a good pick into this match-up.

Looking closer at the item builds I should have gone for Last Whisper before Blade of the Ruined King

No real questions from this one. It was never really close.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 30, 2015 7:23pm | Report

Ranked Game 4 S5

Runes: Arm Pen, Arm, Mix Flat and Scaling MR, Atk Dmg Quints

Summary:

This one looked bleak at the start. Wukong died three times to Riven in the first 6 minutes or so. I left him alone though as by the time I hit 5th level, Riven was already 7th level. Wu didn’t complain or ask for a gank, just alternated between farming lane and farming the jungle. I split my attention between farming my jungle and ganking bottom and mid every time I had Cataclysm up.

Lee tried to be cute and invade my Red a couple of times. I had to bail once when Alistar also showed up. When I came back big Red was missing so I dropped a ward in the bush and I reclaimed big Red with Smite then chased Lee, who was low, out of my jungle where Ahri converted him into a kill. There was more dying on the part of my team after that, but once we started grouping and fighting mid and skirmishing in the river over dragon, Ahri just started destroying them and Ezreal was able to get in the act while I tried my best to murder Caitlyn while Wu whirled around knocking them all up.

Gragas was going more tank than mage so he was largely irrelevant in terms of damage, so I just ignored him and kept building armor.

Picked up Black Cleaver for the armor shred to go along with Ez and Wu.

After mid-game it was pretty much a pub stop.

I ended up picking up at least two stacks of three wards and while not instrumental in our victory it was nice to have good vision over enemy territory.

Given that I have around a 60% win rate with Jarvan IV as a jungle, I might just want to consider sticking with him when I jungle. XD

Question:

Attack damage, Attack Speed, or Armor Penetration Marks on Jarvan IV?

It seems most guides are recommending Attack Damage marks. I've run all three on him and my take is that the first two simply make his first clear or so faster, but the Armor Pen marks really shine later.

Running the Armor Pen marks on him I had to back after Krugs, Red, Blue, though I screwed up bit on the Krugs and didn't start auto attacking them immediately so I lost a bit more health there than I should have.

Also what is a good size for the Victory screen images and can you code them like ["img width = X height = Y"]?
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 30, 2015 7:30pm | Report
[img=url width=900]

so it'd look like this:
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 30, 2015 7:39pm | Report
[img=url width=900]

so it'd look like this:

Thanks!
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 30, 2015 7:43pm | Report
np, glad to help
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 30, 2015 11:54pm | Report

Ranked Game 5 S5

The opposing team banned Jarvan IV so I opted to play Nunu.

Runes: Atk Spd, Scaling Health, Scaling MR, Atk Spd Quints

Masteries: 9-21-0

Summary:

The story of this match was a really bad Wukong and a pretty good Pantheon who was paying attention to the map and on point with Grand Skyfall.

I really like having the Sightstone on Nunu & Willump. Its utility tempts me to get it on every jungler.

I used my Warwick rune page from pre-season when he was OP and I believe armor seals are better on Nunu so I will be changing that up.

I am not exactly sure how our Mordekaiser stomped Xerath, but he did with a little help from me and Pantheon.

Getting better at watching for abilities that can disrupt Nunu’s ultimate, Absolute Zero, but sometimes it is still worth going in as it often causes the enemy to scatter, which disrupts their formation.

Did a good job nailing Graves with Ice Blast to keep his attack speed down in team fights.

Our team was aggressive and it worked out, keeping the enemy on their heels and letting us close the game out when we pressed our advantage.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 31, 2015 12:40pm | Report

Ranked Game 6 S5

Runes: Atk Dmg, Armor, 5 Flat CDR + 3 MR, Atk Spd Quints

Summary:

May need to try this Jax jungle thing as of late I’ve had several teams wrecked by one.

Tryndamere was kind of winning against Renekton but that was really the only bright spot on the map.

Killed Mordekaiser a couple of times, but it was always a trade. We would get him or he would get Lux or me.

Things I learned:

Don’t play a ranked game after a computer update as it jacked up my mouse settings.

Rek’Sai’s early jungle is slower after the damage nerfs.

I need more practice on Rek’Sai.
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 31, 2015 4:24pm | Report
Regarding sightstone, it's not amazing on ALL junglers but it's pretty nice on some of the tanky ones like nunu or elise

Jax jungle is just ok. It delays his items and people with decent reactions can usually not get ganked effectively by him but he deals good damage and, like any jax, can become really scary midgame if you do well. He's like a worse Panth jungle but with a more defined power spike at a later stage of the game (tl;dr panth is stronger earlier but also falls out sooner)
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 1, 2015 3:01am | Report
FalseoGod wrote:
Regarding sightstone, it's not amazing on ALL junglers but it's pretty nice on some of the tanky ones like nunu or elise

Jax jungle is just ok. It delays his items and people with decent reactions can usually not get ganked effectively by him but he deals good damage and, like any jax, can become really scary midgame if you do well. He's like a worse Panth jungle but with a more defined power spike at a later stage of the game (tl;dr panth is stronger earlier but also falls out sooner)

Thanks for the analysis on Sightstone and Jax jungle FalseoGod. The vision is tempting but I can see where it would gimp champions that have a defining characteristic of bringing damage to ganks and fights.

I think the Jax jungle works well in low level solo queue because as you point out the reactions aren't there and when he gets fed it usually gets ugly. Its possible the ones I've seen where higher ranked players having a lark as both were really dominating at all stages of the games in which I saw them.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 1, 2015 3:09am | Report

Ranked Game 7 S5

Runes: Hyb Pen, Health, MR, Armor
Masteries: 0-9-21

Summary:

I am dedicating this win to Vynertje whose awesome guide, A Diamond Guide to Mastering the Waves ~ Support Nami, and support advice led me to pick up and try out Nami. Now that I have her runed so she is not so squish I am having a lot of fun with her. :-)

The story of this match was Sion getting to an unkillable stage and dragon control. Jinx was not too bright, giving up a number of kills in lane that she shouldn’t have and overextending a lot. She did provide good followup after Sion went in late game. Vel’Koz had a couple of really good ults mid-game that allowed us to come out ahead and take objectives.

We did a pretty good job of vision control. One funny moment was when I saw Hecarim place a ward in the bush above our red. I went over and dropped a pink ward in the bush and killed Hecarim's ward. He turned around and put another ward in the bush. I killed that one too. And then for some reason I guess he thought the third time would be the charm and so he put a third ward in the bush. That pink ward certainly paid for itself! XD

Things to improve on:

Hitting Aqua Prison. I landed a couple on Hecarim in lane when he came in for ganks. But always room for improvement.

Using Nami’s abilities to their fullest in tight spaces. e.g. getting heals on the right people when you are squished in the middle of a scrum. It is hard to differentiate teammates and enemies when the models are all in a tight wad.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide