Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Preseason 2015 experimental discussion will hit...

Creator: Boomh3adsh0t October 7, 2014 6:49am
1 2 3
Boomh3adsh0t
<Member>
Boomh3adsh0t's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 7, 2014 6:49am | Report
Riot announced yesterday that experimental work will hit the PBE these days here is the post I made :) link
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 7, 2014 7:58am | Report
It's a wall of text on tests, suppositions and directions they want to go. It can make for an interesting read but it gives nothing.

It's like politic talk: "we want to blah blah increase the economy blah blah blah prevent snowballing blah blah blah" and then season 3 Black Cleaver happens. It'll be interesting once we get real actual changes on the PBE
Thank you Byron for 2014's loudest laugh up till today
Boomh3adsh0t
<Member>
Boomh3adsh0t's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 7, 2014 10:47am | Report
Yeah I said it is only discussion the real thing will probably come these days in the PBE :)
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 7, 2014 3:02pm | Report
What interests me most is the change to how regeneration works, especially looking at Mundo or Garen. Also, crit is an unhealthy system? Good news, totally noone complained about that at the removal of dodge.
TheKut
<Member>
TheKut's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 8, 2014 3:59am | Report
Riot wants you yo be able to calculate exactly how much damage ypu can take or deal, and crit is a factor that is based on luck, just like dodge was, and therefore they want to remove it. I'm not saying I approve (I really liked dodge as well) but that's how they're thinking.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 8, 2014 7:02am | Report
Didn't they say like some months ago that crit is a healthy systam because of the big numbers it gives? Lol...

But the problem is, how to replace crit without gimping carries and making other roles stronger? I once presented an idea to just make it a flat out damage increase, but I don't think that would be easily balanceable, especially because of how assassins could use it.

Maybe make it so that AD Casters have more value by getting AD and AD Carries getting more about damage increase. I think that is possible because the damage of the one side is dealt through attack speed and the other through cooldowns.

One item for this could be an item that increases the increased damage every basic attack you do on your enemy, similar to Sanguine Blade.

Infinity Edge

80 AD, 25% increase of damage on basic attacks
Unique Passive: Every basic attack you do increases your damage on basic attacks by 5%, stacking up to 5 times. This has a 2 second duration. This damage increase isn't affected by the damage cap of 100%.

Judgment
Now no longer is affected by Crit/Damage increase
AD ratio increased to 0.7/0.9/1.1/1.3/1.5 per second.
Base Damage reduced to 20/35/50/65/80 per second.

Decisive Strike
Now no longer is affected by Crit/Damage Increase
AD ratio increased to 1.4/1.5/1.6/1.7/1.8
Base damage reduced to 30/45/60/75/90

Or this funny change:

Judgment
Now no longer is affected by Crit/Damage increase
AD ratio increased to 0.9/1.25/1.6/1.95/2.3 per second.
Base Damage removed.

Decisive Strike
Now no longer is affected by Crit/Damage Increase
AD ratio increased to 1.7/1.95/2.2/2.45/2.7
Base damage removed.

(I don't know why something like that wasn't made in the first place, if Garen goes AD, he is an AD caster, not someone who uses crit lol. Basically, what this change means, if you get more than 100 AD, you deal more damage)

Also, a change which would I like: Life steal now affects physical damage abilities by 1/3. Physical damage abilities are no longer affected by spell vamp.

BTW: Talking about unneccesary base damages

Demacian Justice
Base damage removed
Now deals 1 magic damage for 3/2.5/2 health his opponent is missing. (33.33/40/50%)

OR

Demacian Justice
Base damage removed
Now deals 1 true damage per 4/3.5/3 health his opponent is missing. (25/28.57/33.33%)

This way, easy counterplay are heals and shields, so it can be true damage.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 8, 2014 7:07am | Report
NicknameMy wrote:
But the problem is, how to replace crit without gimping carries and making other roles stronger? I once presented an idea to just make it a flat out damage increase, but I don't think that would be easily balanceable, especially because of how assassins could use it.

Nerf it slightly and change it to "% dmg increase on AA, caps at 100%". Just like they did with dodge and Ninja Tabi
NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 8, 2014 7:12am | Report
Yeah, but you have to be carefull again that assassins don't abuse this to instagib anyone. Thinking about Zed or Kha here, they could abuse this.

Also, don't forget our lovely GP, he can abuse that aswell, especially in lane, as his increased harass is no longer random.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 8, 2014 7:46am | Report
NicknameMy wrote:
Yeah, but you have to be carefull again that assassins don't abuse this to instagib anyone. Thinking about Zed or Kha here, they could abuse this.

Also, don't forget our lovely GP, he can abuse that aswell, especially in lane, as his increased harass is no longer random.

Mathematically it makes no difference, and the slightly higher damage consistently is a lot better than having a random 200% damage spike decide the outcome of something. If you engage say, GP, and he gets a random crit on Q, then he wins. The problem with this is that you have no way of knowing, thus you can't make plays based on it. The opponent might have thought "I should have more damage than GP here, so I should win the engage." and the random crit completely throws that tactic out the window.

Late-game, if an adc happens to walk up to you whilst sieging, hits one AA, and if that one happens to crit, then it might cost you the tower altogether.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 8, 2014 7:50am | Report
I didn't say it was worse than crit, nothing is worse than crit. But it could cause some problems at other places as well where nobody expects them.
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide