Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Advice for high Gold/Platinum play?

Creator: NoobyPower October 3, 2013 7:37am
1 2
xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 3, 2013 11:36am | Report
Well I guess a srs answer would be:
There is no difference as you are already in high Gold, low Platinum is almost the same.

Even I, the Jungle/Support main, who practices ADC in Rankeds casually win as an ADC. Just keep working on yourself and play your best.

Since I have never seen you play, I'd say you should just stick to the basics:
-stay calm and mature, do not flame etc. (pro tip, if you blame someone (if it comes to it) use the magical 'xD'. It makes everything 150% more friendly)
-for ADC try keeping up the 100cs at 12mins
-care for your positioning
-most importantly, what I still don't see that often as a main support in low Platinum, Orbwalking, ****ing do it. PLS ORBWALK >_<
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 3, 2013 12:16pm | Report
Biggest difference, skillwise only in stead of mechanic wise is in Caitlyn and Vayne plays. Both are godlike in hands of pro. Corki and Varus worthy of mentioning.

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
Focuscoene
<Member>
Focuscoene's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 3, 2013 4:48pm | Report
xIchi wrote:

-most importantly, what I still don't see that often as a main support in low Platinum, Orbwalking, ****ing do it. PLS ORBWALK >_<

So I looked up "orbwalk" in the terminology section and didn't see it. Anyone care to elaborate?
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 3, 2013 4:58pm | Report
In League it's also known as kiting or stutter stepping, it's basically where you move around immediately after your auto goes off to cancel the idle animation. If you don't move manually your champion will stand still like an idiot for a long time after each autoattack. It's a necessary skill if you want to play AD at a decent level.
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 4, 2013 2:13am | Report
Focuscoene wrote:

So I looked up "orbwalk" in the terminology section and didn't see it. Anyone care to elaborate?

Clicky below my signature: Stutter step/Attack move

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide